Thread: Q&A With The Devs!

Q&A With The Devs!

Q&A With The Devs!

Hi everybody!

As part of a bunch of new projects being launched, i plan on bringing our community closer with the Devs & Community Team. So, as a little introduction Community Manager Odonoptera has been coerced agreed to do a Q&A!

The subject of the questions should relate to AOs storyline and its events. Submit your questions here or via PM to myself, alternatively if you don't have forum acess feel free to /tell agentcora ingame or poke me in the IRC #AO-Events

Once we have the questions, Odonoptera & Michizure will be putting their heads together and get you some answers!

Happy questioning!

Disclaimers:
    * Not every question asked will be answered, but a select few
    * Some questions may not be able to be answered
    * There is no time-frame on when we will recieve answers
    * No Dev was harmed during the creation of this
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Question: will the devs ever focus on polishing pvp out, by which I mean creating zones or fixing current ones with pvp orientated goals and worthwhile rewards? To sum up the exact problems i'll quote my earlier post on a different thread:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Conclusion is that this game has easily over a hundred pvm areas and virtually infinite options and only three pvp related events that can reward players for pvping but don't involve or in fact require much if any pvp to begin with because of bad design that never got addressed properly. 99% of the time spent in NW is attacking towers not players, 99% of the time spent at tara is being afk waiting to kill a monster that any endgame character can solo without breaking a sweat. Battlestation pvp is more or less on demand but you end up paying 15€ per month for an unbalanced shooter game with autoaim, and most of the time you'll run into players who just want the daily xp/vp rewards and don't want anything to do with actual pvp creating a stale pvp environment. Considering one can get rewards from all three of these events without -ever- attacking or being attacked by another player they can be dismissed as actual pvp events or pvp areas. Just like every other area with 75% or lower suppression gas, pvp is an option but not the least bit required or rewarding. Taking that into consideration AO has zero, absoultely no pvp dedicated content.
    With the profession diversity this in game there's great pvp potential but as it is pvp isn't at all attractive because rewards are meager at best and area design never assures a fight with fair enough numbers, not even battlestations because they attract more people who look for xp missions than those who look to pvp. None of it's just any fun except for the most hardcore players who don't mind spending hours on end on an activity that yields no actual game reward of any kind. As we all know the fun factor in video games is created by completing challenges and being rewarded for them, harder the challenge better the reward. And there's really no harder challenge than pvp.
    Last edited by DarkerThanBlack; Dec 18th, 2015 at 23:43:49.

^
    " The subject of the questions should relate to AOs storyline and its events. " Right.

To be on topic, have you considered trying to implement a more persistent "live" story, something like Guild Wars 2 does with the Live Seasons it brings? Missions that have unique rewards ( Like Shadowlands quests, but faster, more intense/interesting and with decent rewards like nanos, credits, buffs, etc ) would stimulate people to explore maps, along with more NPC hubs and something to do for all level ranges. With bits of lore and some good quest design, it might instill some life.
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

We all see and feel around Rubi-ka the presence of Dust Brigade. They have little bases here and there, they are present... When will the time come for us to go in their territory ?
    Aliens have invaded us but what kind of predators have pushed them here out of their home galaxies ? When will they come after us ?
    Xan civilization is dead ... we know the story, but what if there are some survivors somewhere in a very dark and hidden place ? Imagine the technology they have... Are they watching us ?
    Yuttos have plenty of stories and they are always present. We have managed to master the space but we know nothing about the time ... Do Yuttos know something about time traveling ? Can we study the time ?
    And what about the Unicorns and ICC ? Are they really the protectors or are they the worst kind of manipulators ?

Disclaimer : those questions are not really waiting for an answer, they are made to ease the work of the ones in search of ideas for the "next level" ...
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    ^
    " The subject of the questions should relate to AOs storyline and its events. "
    Ah right, I got carried away by the possibility of getting some serious questions answered for a change.
    Last edited by DarkerThanBlack; Dec 19th, 2015 at 16:36:27.

Thanks for all the questions so far, and thanks for all those who have sent me their questions ingame etc!

I'll leave this open another week before shooting our questions off to Odon

Thank you everyone for your questions! Rest assured those who sent them in off of this forum - i still received them!

I'll be sending them over to Odonoptera shortly