Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: macro changes ? /follow

macro changes ? /follow

Seems the functionality of /follow has changed - I can follow players but not NPCs/Mobs.
    This heavily affects how I play melee chars.
    I don't recall seeing this as a documented change. Possibility of other changes, but I haven't checked.
    "Do, or do not, there is no try."
    Guru, Finalizer, Eternalist, Dictator, SupremeCreator
    /wts dysfunctional family MoK, P51, CoN, SBI
    Comic Strip - BBar's Tales of the Tickle (Chap.3) ©2004

lol omg, just tested - /follow works fine on old engine, just doesn't on new engine.
    "Do, or do not, there is no try."
    Guru, Finalizer, Eternalist, Dictator, SupremeCreator
    /wts dysfunctional family MoK, P51, CoN, SBI
    Comic Strip - BBar's Tales of the Tickle (Chap.3) ©2004

I was getting this yesterday suddenly as well. Complete with a message something like 'Cannot follow current target'. This is silly, it's a mob ffs.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

I found this out while leveling in SL couldn't follow mobs, but today I tried it in a city raid on new engine and can follow mobs there.

Beta Status of necessary mb-nerf. Hopefully michi gets enough Feedback to release it official for both Clients. Maybe a few adjustments needed but for sure the right way!

Sure will be "fun" when melee can't /follow in PvP anymore.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

for me it isnt a mb-nerf. you dont need the /follow command as a mb player...
    the right thing is to bring AO in Steam (no more Scripts/no more 3. Party Tools)...
    Last edited by Alves; Dec 13th, 2015 at 00:42:44.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    for me it isnt a mb-nerf. you dont need the /follow command as a mb player...
    the right thing is to bring AO in Steam (no more Scripts/no more 3. Party Tools)...
    Steam integration/launch doesn't prevent multiboxing / 3rd party scripts & tools in any way, shape or form. We're not getting VAC servers or anything like that.. it's just a sales platform. Look at The Secret World / Age of Conan to get a clue on how things would work.
    Misinformation is the worst.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Sure will be "fun" when melee can't /follow in PvP anymore.
    thats true. a solution could be /follow does not work on friendly targets

Lol - just to screw up all dual-logged players without a 3rd party tool? OK you can try to limit it to pvp, but that will get overly complicated and easily abused by the ones bending the rules. (see /assist)

Looks like normal players who have 2-3 accounts and duel log are gonna be screwed over because some people can't just use 1 toon and need 6
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

Any and all solution to Multiboxing that affects the general population in a negative way is a horrible move with bad consequences.

Been saying this for a while and the very few people who keep starting these threads just don't listen and keep going on the Anti-MB blind crusade. For them, destroying AO and burning FunCom's server room to the ground is probably an extreme but worthwhile fix. It does get rid of multiboxing in AO (by getting rid of AO). In contrast, most sensible and realistic solutions and discussion are shoved aside with insults and unfounded accusations.

Fun stuff.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

I don't think /follow removal can be good. It'll bring more bad consequences than good ones.
    Best deal would be /follow removal at all PvP zones, no matter if its "hot" or not. PvP area, in general, is supposed to be a place where player actually DOES specific actions, not following on afk. So it's logical to have follow removed in PvP areas, will it be NW field, or battlestation, or Notum Miner area or any other.

Not sure if thats an "easy" fix for Funcom, I mean the "technical" part, but I'm sure it can fix lots of issues ingame.

And, if Funcom will implement this fix, - I'd also love to see an enforcement of EULA to those who'll still "use" follow ability with 3rd party software. Very easy to prove - just fraps when you see someone has a group of toons moving as one in PvP area.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    I don't think /follow removal can be good. It'll bring more bad consequences than good ones.
    Best deal would be /follow removal at all PvP zones, no matter if its "hot" or not. PvP area, in general, is supposed to be a place where player actually DOES specific actions, not following on afk. So it's logical to have follow removed in PvP areas, will it be NW field, or battlestation, or Notum Miner area or any other.

Not sure if thats an "easy" fix for Funcom, I mean the "technical" part, but I'm sure it can fix lots of issues ingame.

And, if Funcom will implement this fix, - I'd also love to see an enforcement of EULA to those who'll still "use" follow ability with 3rd party software. Very easy to prove - just fraps when you see someone has a group of toons moving as one in PvP area.
    Yes, thats exactly the point I guess He is working at. Actually u cant Follow at areas like tir arena and zone around. On the other side you can still follow in non pvp areas like Pande or Tir.

Well right now it's fine in PvP, it's just utterly effed up melee in PvM. Playing my Shade right now is a giant PITA because 99% of PvM mobs can't be /followed when they run around.

I sincerely hope this is just backwards or something. Mind you I don't see why melee needed to be nerfed. What a stupid kludge to try and get at MBers...

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Funcom: Please explain why /follow has been changed/disabled on the new engine?

Emma

Has this been changed on test yet? I still assume it was unintentional.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Btw /follow is a command not a Macro...

So all these clever ways to bann pvp multiboxing.

If desire is to do so.. Why not bann multiboxing, and leave /follow alone.

Decide on real issue. And FC did decide. For gods sake... 4 years of debates. Get real.
    Last edited by Cratertina; Jan 28th, 2016 at 18:49:49.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Today's Patch notes:

Bug Fixes:
    •/follow should work on NPCs again in the 'New Engine' client

-------------------

Does that mean that it still does not work to /follow a friendly player or alt? IE it only works on mobs ... ?

Emma

Anyone on "new" engine check this out? Can we /follow another member of team and/or an alt? I am on old engine and can't check.

Emma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast