Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - November 2015 (Tryptophan Overdose)

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    This ....

Also, be careful not to let your subs auto-renew ... you will also miss the offers ... they only work on a manual renewal.

... and bump for neutrals.

Emma
    It appears that some people have never taken advantage of AO's sub offers.

When you go to get this offer, it'll be on your account page under "Special Offers", NOT as part of the normal subscription area. You can get these offers even if your account is active.

Your account does not have to be inactive or renew during the offer availability Whether paying the money is worth it is up to you, but the offer is available to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdizzle View Post
    You can't possibly be trying to convince us that Agents were both good/decent at endgame AND got boosts they didn't need for no reason.
    Was the boost to perks too big? Yes, due to the extra AAO given to agents and Pyramid gear it got a little crazy.
    Should they go back to rifle check + 100% dodge? Hell no Agents don't have the AR of 2HE Keeps/Solds/Enfs nor the bulk/def to reliably use debuffs to make them land besides on doc/sold/engis. I'm looking at this as a mostly evade prof user.
    Trust me none of the current/old Agents want to go back to 2-6 sec perks and 100-120% dodge checks.

AR check + 115% dodge check (110% if ABoC/Concentration is nerfed) or Rifle check + 70% dodge check both should work. I still want AAO check for non-rifle Agents but I wont cry if changed to rifle check.
    Example: Using my shade it has 2243 dodge range without ABoC, 2305*1.15=336.45 + 224 from 90-100% = 560 evade gain before DoF which is another 200 if its up so 760. Could get more evades in setup but Def Shades hardly work.
    2243+800*1.15 + 1243 AAD = 4742.5 total evades instead of 3.9kish atm. Not bad considering shades have the worst dodge of all profs with Dof/Limber.

If perks are changed I would also make Snipe Shot 1 and Shadow Bullet 1 sec cast time maybe even 1.5 sec to slow down their alpha if they use those perks. Also increase the dodge check on Shadow Bullet so it can actually be evaded.
    ok

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    I have to say I'm not so keen on the idea. I suppose it's to prevent 220s from rocking up and owning the place, depriving legit TL4s of their PF and mobs, but wouldn't that rush mostly be over witin a few weeks of release anyway?
    I wasn't around for SL's release but I could easily see that same logic being applied to mobs that drop PB parts. Level-locking is tricky, I agree. To do so requires a compelling reason, and keeping endgame 220s away from levelling toons might just be good enough.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

If I've paid a year sub, how do i take advantage of these offers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    Pay some more, just like all the offers over the years

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    When the offers are active go to your account page and scroll down to special offers. Click, pay them through the page it brings up, and done.

I want to pay more, but they don't let me
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

agent never been trash..
    you ned to stop be apart of whats ruining the game, vote for the op stuff to remain becose you have an agent.
    i do also have an agent, its my 2nd most playd profession, but i never ever vote for something unbalanced to remain to satisfy my epen.
    Don't put words in my mouth I just love how people like to twist words on here. I want the entire class deleted and removed from the game to put an end to the misery because anything that gives them a positive boost will be taken in the end.

Ever consider changing level locked dungeons to simply level locked PF's? So anyone 150 and below (or whatever the cap is for that dungeon) enters the restricted PF, any anyone over enters another?

Multi Playfields are already built into the game and was in use all the time back in the day when there was too many people in places like TOTW.

I use to love going into places like Formans on my main and getting things I missed, or just exploring. It sucks not being able to enter those places anymore without creating an alt. Level restrictions for what i'm aware are only to stop higher levels from damaging the experience for the intended levels, not to set a hard limit on the max level you can get an item from that instance (that is just a side effect).
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    This ....

Also, be careful not to let your subs auto-renew ... you will also miss the offers ... they only work on a manual renewal.

... and bump for neutrals.

Emma
    Thanks, will try that today.
    Last edited by robjl; Dec 30th, 2015 at 12:50:56.
    Refractal ~ Nano Tech
    Sunless ~ Shade

I think it's time to look into nw/pvp. It's broken pointless and useless against crapboxs fingering all together to kill one single target becouse they alone cant do it.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    .....while running around AO (www.twitch.tv/funcom)
    It looks like no one's mentioned this yet, but...that link is broken. You managed to put ")...so" as part of the link
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmasta View Post
    It looks like no one's mentioned this yet, but...that link is broken. You managed to put ")...so" as part of the link
    http://www.twitch.tv/funcom

FIXED!

I'm pretty excited that they are actually having an AO stream instead of only doing TSW all the time. I know its their main game now but a bit annoying that they focus the streams on it so much. Good Luck Michi! cant wait to see it and the Reck.

I will be definitely buying at least a full year on 1 of my accounts. Maybe on the other 4 too but can get pricey to dump that much cash at one time. Hope the armor this year is as cool as last years. Dunno where the idea sprung for the new dog head mask in item store but its pretty awesome so.. more of that and more cool item store stuffs.

(PS for christmas I request more bank slots because all my awesome social gear is taking it up, some crat love and nerfs to NT dmg cuz its too stupid strong... begin hate in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. )

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    Any idea if the "armor" set can also be bought via ingame market . Or is it useful for higher level toons..beside really really really low low twinks only ?
    Items offered in these subscription offers normally eventually make it into the shop eventually, though it probably won't be there for at least 12+ months. It's a set that will still be mostly aimed towards twinking and leveling characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    Awesome ! I'm waiting for this from June. Need to pay 12 months for 2 accounts and I strongly suggest everyone to do so. This is awesome offer and ty for bringing it back for X-mas !

Awesome job also. Keep up the good work. This game feels more refreshed than ever now and I really see more and more people online and playing it !
    Thank you, happy to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Oh, first page. Hurrah!

Edit: Well, if you're going to put level locks on zones, why not lock the zones that have tower sites to the max level of the tower site *1.25 or whatever the highest level able to attack a tower placed there?

Granted, that's a bit of a can of worms, but you started it!
    I could see the benefits, though making such changes to such long-standing playfields would be problematic. I have some changes I would like to make to how Notum Wars work, and I am open to looking at PvP level ranges, these things will just take time and resources, which I do not have at this very moment; I hope to get to them down the road.

Level locking a large Rubi-Ka zone isn't something I would normally want to do, and still something I can go back on. That said, there are a few things within the playfield that I would like to remain a challenge, and not have completely negated by high-level pocket alts.

exciting, hope you have time for some rebalance soon on top of evrything else, game is difficult in pvp atm.
    It has been difficult to address balance issues while trying to keep moving forward with some other initiatives, such as The Reck. There do seem to be some issues and professions which require some attention...I am reminded of them regularly. I will find some extra time during the week to attempt to address these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I can only hope You can take a closer look at Neutrals
    Neutrals, and Neutral-friendly neck items, are a tricky subject. While the challenge Token requirements have been somewhat negated by Daily Missions, it is still an obstacle that they do not have to worry about...so giving them gear that's at the same level is something I've had difficulty justifying.

I would like to give Neutrals some more unique items/traits, I just have not had time to really think about what would be reasonable and most appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eedesti View Post
    Is there any chance of seeing some adjustments to Gauntlet availability within Q1 2016?
    What's the biggest issue with the Gauntlet? I've been meaning to have it run more often, it's just a very delicate encounter that'll require a lot of careful adjustments and reverse-engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudidamage View Post
    Any plans of maybe nerfing agents a little bit? I mean perking people throught Dof + Limber + ES feel somewhat unbalanced...
    The message and overall feelings towards Agents in their current state has been made clear, and it is something I plan to look into and work on.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Michi, for how long are you gonna dodge PMs?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Neutrals, and Neutral-friendly neck items, are a tricky subject. While the challenge Token requirements have been somewhat negated by Daily Missions, it is still an obstacle that they do not have to worry about...so giving them gear that's at the same level is something I've had difficulty justifying.

I would like to give Neutrals some more unique items/traits, I just have not had time to really think about what would be reasonable and most appropriate.
    Neutral friendly items are already 30%-40% percent worse than sided ones and I think thats enough of punishment for staying Neutral.
    just change requirement to level 215 and delete stupid 1900 comp lit requirement ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

*Checks forums ever day for updates notes* :>

Thank god Mich answerd some questions, i feel so much better already even thou things wont happend at once

thank you mich.

Ya, really cool that you at least try to respond to some outstanding comments so we know you're aware of issues the playerbase has.

Even if you don't get to them right away, it's a strong tactical decision because it keeps us happy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast