Thread: So you want to multibox?

Smile So you want to multibox?

A few notes before the wall of text begins:
    Play nice. Just because you can multi-box and steam roll a zone doesn't mean you have to. Don't pull everything from someone that is obviously grinding in an area.
    Don't camp steal: If someone is camping to try to get their last few items off a boss, offer help or wait until they are done. OR try to get into another instance so your activity doesn't affect those around you.
    I get it, whoever does the most damage gets the kill and loot. Just because you have more toons dishing the damage doesn't mean you have to try and compete with a team that is learning to work together. Can't find a dungeon without tons of people running all over? Go do a mish. They are private and loot does drop!
    You don't have to watch someone go down when they are overpowered by a boss. Throw a heal their way. Use that pocket team to help the community. Or one more idea for crowded zones. Camp the pocket team and join the fray with a toon you want to use to contribute to the fun of others. Froob or not, participate.

After playing off and on in AO for years I have perused the forums and gotten a lot of knowledge from fellow players. I, like you, get bored with the game from time to time. I go look for greener pastures then I end up back here at some point. Whenever I do return, I typically forget the best setup for my hotkeys after having long since uninstalled the game. I forget what nano should be used at what level and how to use my specials accurately. For a refresher and nostalgia's sake, I make a new character and begin the grind. With so few things abilities to use as a new character I find my twitch instinct needs to be fed and my ADD kicks in.

One of the best things to combat my ADD is giving myself more to do. So, I multi-box. It may be 2 accounts or 3 or 4 or all the way to 6. Sure some do more. Some hate multi-boxers, some will refuse to play any other way while others could care less. I quite enjoy playing with others but when that is not an option, I play with myself. Come on, we all do it! I just do it so everyone can see me. Ha! Ok playing with words there. Let's come back for a minute.

A challenge has struck me when boxing that brings frustration. Clients crash. I run each account from a different folder. This combats having to change the account name when I log in. Maybe there is a better way but over my years of revisiting Rubi-ka I have found it most beneficial. It also allows for setting different resolutions to each client should my setup require this. Down the rabbit hole we go. Let's go back tot he surface. When I client crashes I don't always know which folder it came from. Which client was I running? Which account do I need to launch again?

Now I have worked with ISboxer in other games. It was never friendly with AO and still I struggle with it's use while launching the new engine. With the new engine it will check for an instance when you launch a team and if a member is missing, it will be launched. If it is not missing, it launches the next one. Since I am not able to get ISboxer working the way I expect it to run, I went back to the fallback Hotkeynet. I had never really wrapped my brain around anything outside of renaming windows to simplify the data entry later.

I've started this topic to share with other boxers my discoveries and perhaps some questions should I come across them. When I discovered how to utilize "if else end" in Hotkeynet I knew I had to share it. I hope it's useful for someone else down the line.

Along the way, I would like to give thanks to Funcom and the community supporting it. When I do run into the community at large, I typically have a positive experience. Thank you for a great game that forever calls to me when I yearn for something different and something challenging that appeals to my multitasking desires. I appreciate that multi-boxing has not been banned. I can also appreciate the opinions of those that are against multi-boxing. I get it. Multi-boxing breaks PVP. I don't PVP. I get off on grinding with a pocket team when I cannot come across a live one. I am happy to leave my pocket team behind when I run into someone else that could benefit from company. When we are falling short and no one else is available, I happy add one from my pocket to give us a buffer whether it's in the way of heals or dps. I've even been the one to help level others while I kite with my NT. I'm not greedy, I will drop my clones so someone else can soak up exp.

The following posts will be sparse initially as I share my most recent findings. Thanks for reading. Please feel free to join in discussion. This is a hobby. My mind is fueled by figuring out the quirks or "programming" behind mutti-boxing. I hope yours is as well.

Thanks Soju for your threads on MB. They have helped clarify some things and inspired me to share my own experiences.
    Last edited by Bonicell; Feb 8th, 2016 at 11:12:18. Reason: play nice

Launch game, one account at first

The first challenge posed to me was crashing clients and getting them to come back up. This can be done multiple ways. We can open the shortcut and launch the game, click play, enter password, select character, hit enter and off we go. The issue is when there are multiple clients up and I am not sure which folder to reopen. Sure I could get my head together and remember which account is in what position on the screen or I could entertain myself by asking hotkey net to check for which account is missing from the formation. This same check will be used to open all accounts. Below is the check used to open one account. I'll duplicate it for 4 accounts as well. Passwords will be entered as PASSWORD as well as any other sensitive information if it exists. You will see my character names. Say hi sometime! Below is the script used to rename windows if they exist. If they do not exist they will be launched.

By renaming the window in the beginning of the script it will handle issues when a client is lost on zoning. Each time we zone, the window is renamed to "Anarchy Online - charactername" Perhaps I could not rename the character windows and instead use scripts to send commands to each char name. For the purpose of easily switching characters while refering to each as ao1 ao2 ao3 etc, I rename them. My thinking may evolve but it works for me.

Initial scripts will be loaded with // comments. As I expand on them and learn, I will remove the comments assuming you have learning as well or already know.

pastebin.com/kKhArD5R

Code:
    // anything with // is a comment. It is ignored by code. I use it to communicate notes to myself as well as readers
    //Once you get the hang of it you can delete all the lines starting with // I paste it into excel then delete each row that starts with // YMMV
    //with scroll lock on I press shift+alt+Ctrl+r to activate the hotkey
    <hotkey ScrollLockOn shift ctrl alt r> 
    // substitute local with ip if a networked pc is used to run clients
    <sendpc local>        
    //using this I look for a window to already exist with the character name. If it does, it is renamed so the following check will return false.
        <RenameWin "Anarchy Online - Tyreento" ao1>  
    //If the above did not rename anything then it will launch the client. It it does exist then the check will return false. No other checks are in place so nothing occurs. 
    <if WinDoesNotExist "ao1">    
    //If this proceeds, the above checks were false and the game is not running this character
        <open "C:\Users\Aaron\Desktop\AO shortcuts\AnarchyOnline ao1">    
    //The first window opening is the license agreement. 10000 allows for a ten second wait until the window shows up
        <waitforwin "End User License Agreement:" 10000> 
    //once the window pops up, we identify it and make it active for keys
        <targetwin "End User License Agreement:"> 
    //2 second pause to allow window time to receive input
               <wait 2000> 
    //enter to accept license agreement. I have seen some use code that will click Rmouse button on the agree button bases on the x,y location on screen
        <key enter> 
    //Here we are looking for the patcher to load
           <waitforwin "Anarchy" 10000> 
    //Patcher is up. Now we target the window to accept keys
             <targetwin "Anarchy"> 
    //give the patcher 3 sec to load. 
            <wait 3000> //Let patcher load    
    //hit enter to "Play"
        <key enter>
    //if a delay is not entered here then it will proceed to enter the password on the patcher screen since it is named "anarchy online". Not helpful. So the 8 second delay is added to wait for the "play" to process 
    //then patcher to go away and the game to load. 8 seconds may not be necessary but as more clients are loaded it may take more time to proceed.
            <wait 8000>
    //8 seconds passed, patcher is down, no other window should start with the name "Anarchy Online" unless it's the login screen. Now let's look for it.
           <waitforwin "Anarchy Online" 10000> 
    // boom it there, now lets target it for commands
             <targetwin "Anarchy Online">
    //because I use a different folder for every account, the account name is already defaulted and I have to just type the password
             <text PASSWORD>   
    //wait 1 second to give time for the password to be typed
        <wait 1000>    
    //hit enter so password can be accepted
             <key enter>
    //wait for character select screen otherwise "enter" will not be effective
        <wait 2500>
    //character is already defaulted, lets play! If you intend to use a different character than the last one you played, you may need to broadcast up or down depending where the character is located
    //on the roster. I suggest pressing up however many character slots you can have THEN press down once for each slot your intended character is down from the top
            <key enter>
    //now we wait for the window labeled by the character name. wait can be as long as needed in case you load slower. once window shows up the wait will stop. If wait is not applied  the next "if" will not process correctly since it will see "Anarchy Online - Tyreento" as "Anarchy Online"
            <waitforwin "Anarchy Online - Tyreento:" 20000>
    //repeat the first command that would rename the character window to ao1 which is called on later. completing this step will cause the first 2 steps to report false and nothing will happen with this script. 
    //if hotkey is pressed again, nothing will occur even in the hotkeynet window
    <endif>
    Learn more about if/else from hotkeynet at http://www.hotkeynet.com/ref/if.html
    Last edited by Bonicell; Feb 9th, 2016 at 07:41:33. Reason: added extended wait for windows. This gives time for character select to load before proceeding

Launch and login into 4 accounts

Here's the script I use for launching 4 accounts. I hope to include a video series if I can find software to fuzz out the account names. Just for giggles, it is sometimes nice to see how the script works in action. It took me a bit to understand how to get the "if else end" working until I wrote it out. Then logic happened!

If you are using this code make sure to change the PASSWORD to your password. DONT POST IT! And change the directory/file path to the one you are using. Otherwise, it won't go anywhere! Change the character names to the ones you will be using.

*This was not working as intended. I tested with just a single account and when the window ao1 already exists it will still launch the file. Because ao1 does not have spaces and I had hotkeynet looking for "ao1" (" " indicates s a space is in the name" it overlooked the window already named ao1. Kill the " around "ao1" and all is good with the world. So, lesson learned, if you do need a space in your window name add the "'s. Corrected code below.

Anyways, here we go:
    Code:
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    // Rename Open clients, open clients that are not running.
    // Use this when a client crashes or after zoning to get
    // things working again.
    <hotkey ScrollLockOn shift ctrl alt r>        
    <sendpc local>        
        <RenameWin "Anarchy Online - Budette" ao2>    
        <RenameWin "Anarchy Online - Isidonka" ao3>    
        <RenameWin "Anarchy Online - Dondanet" ao4>    
    <if WinDoesNotExist ao1>        
        <open "C:\Users\Aaron\Desktop\AO shortcuts\AnarchyOnline ao1">    
             <wait 2000>
             <key enter>
             <targetwin "Anarchy">
             <wait 3000>
             <key enter>
             <wait 8000>
             <wait 1500>
             <text PASSWORD>   
             <wait 1000>
             <key enter>
             <wait 2500>
             <key enter>
             <waitforwin "Anarchy Online - Tyreento" 20000>
    <endif>    
    <if WinDoesNotExist ao2>        
        <open "C:\Users\Aaron\Desktop\AO shortcuts\AnarchyOnline ao2">    
            <wait 2000>
            <key enter>
            <targetwin "Anarchy">
            <wait 3000>
            <key enter>
            <wait 8000>
            <wait 1500>
            <text PASSWORD>   
            <wait 1000>
            <key enter>
            <wait 2500>
            <key enter>
            <waitforwin "Anarchy Online - Budette" 20000>
            <RenameWin "Anarchy Online - Budette" ao2>
        <endif>    
    <if WinDoesNotExist ao3>        
        <open "C:\Users\Aaron\Desktop\AO shortcuts\AnarchyOnline ao3">    
            <wait 2000>
            <key enter>
            <targetwin "Anarchy">
            <wait 3000>
            <key enter>
            <wait 8000>
            <wait 1500>
            <text PASSWORD>   
            <wait 1000>
            <key enter>
            <wait 2500>
            <key enter>
            <waitforwin "Anarchy Online - Isidonka" 20000>
            <RenameWin "Anarchy Online - Isidonka" ao3>
        <endif>    
    <if WinDoesNotExist ao4>        
        <open "C:\Users\Aaron\Desktop\AO shortcuts\AnarchyOnline ao4">    
            <wait 2000>
            <key enter>
            <targetwin "Anarchy">
            <wait 3000>
            <key enter>
            <wait 8000>
            <wait 1500>
            <text PASSWORD>   
            <wait 1000>
            <key enter>
            <wait 2500>
            <key enter>
    I use shortcuts instead of the exe from the folder. Just personal preference. YMMV.
    You can rename the window based on the file path it is running from.. See http://hotkeynet.com/p/renaming.html
    Last edited by Bonicell; Feb 10th, 2016 at 05:06:36. Reason: corrected script typos and : that didn't belong. added delays to wait for login screen as well as characters to load.

Resolutions - Why can't I read my font? Thinks look funny

It's important to know what your window layout will be. If you set the resolution to 1920x1080 then change it to something smaller using hitkeynet the fonts will be unreadable and images will be skewed.

The following settings in the patcher work for me with a screen at 1920*1080. Adjust it to fit your needs.
    In the patcher I set it to run in window with a custom resolution of 1920*850. I do this for each installation so when I later swap a window to be the main, nothing gets skewed.

You will see there is a gap in the bottom left corner when this is run. It allows for window swapping later where every window has a home. ao1 will always be in the main location or bottom left. ao2 will always be in main or middle left etc.

I am not able to do this with the new engine. Something about the way the dx9 works with this game, when a window is resized, it will initially look right, that window will freeze while it gets redrawn to the full resolution while only showing a portion of it. Ie the top left 480*230 of the full screen will be on a small window making it unplayable. This is not the case with ISboxer. I am having isboxer struggles as reported in the OP
    Code:
    //    
    //                RESIZE WINDOW FUNCTION    
    //    Activate with Hotkey Scroll Lock on Shift R
    //                       1920x1080
    //    
    <hotkey ScrollLockOn Shift R>    
        <targetwin ao1>
        <setwinsize 1920 850>
        <setwinpos 0 0>
        <targetwin ao2>
        <setwinsize 480 230>
        <setwinpos 480 850>
        <targetwin ao3>
        <setwinsize 480 230>
        <setwinpos 960 850>
        <targetwin ao4>
        <setwinsize 480 230>
        <setwinpos 1440 850>
    Last edited by Bonicell; Feb 9th, 2016 at 11:46:32. Reason: corrected window positions to prevent overlapping. You may need to adjust depending on if the task bar interferes or not

Window Swapping

Now that we have windows in place at a resolution that makes the main window readable, you cannot read the smaller windows. You may have difficulty trading, accepting team invites, selling, adding skill points or anything else that you need to see the full screen to do.

Code:
    //------------------------------------------------------------------          
    //
    //                 WINDOW CYCLING FUNCTION 
    //  Leaves a gap for each character that has been moved up
    //  Leaves a gap at startup for ao1 when it is background
    //  With scroll lock on cycle windows with CTRL Shift 1-4
    //  The number you press will correspond with its position
    //
    //------------------------------------------------------------------
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl Shift 1>
        <targetwin ao1>
            <setwinsize 1920 850>
            <setwinpos 0 0>
        <targetwin ao2>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 480 850>
        <targetwin ao3>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 960 850>
        <targetwin ao4>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 1440 850>
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl Shift 2>
        <targetwin ao2>
            <setwinsize 1920 850>
            <setwinpos 0 0>
        <targetwin ao1>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 0 850>
        <targetwin ao3>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 960 850>
        <targetwin ao4>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 1440 850>
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl Shift 3>
        <targetwin ao3>
            <setwinsize 1920 850>
            <setwinpos 0 0>
        <targetwin ao1>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 0 850>
        <targetwin ao2>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 480 850>
        <targetwin ao4>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 1440 850>
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl Shift 4>
        <targetwin ao4>
            <setwinsize 1920 850>
            <setwinpos 0 0>
        <targetwin ao1>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 0 850>
        <targetwin ao2>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 480 850>
        <targetwin ao3>
            <setwinsize 480 230>
            <setwinpos 960 850>
    Last edited by Bonicell; Feb 9th, 2016 at 11:45:42. Reason: *corrected window positions to prevent overlap. takes up taskbar area now

Follow the leader

OK, so now you are logged in. You have the resolution set to something that works. You can swap windows with hotkeys. You have your team logged in, you invited everyone and accepted the team invite. Now what?

Since you have a "Leader" which should be the main window (in my examples ao1) we need to follow the leader! To make this work you need to invite the team using the leader. This means it that if main character client crashes you will need to regroup.

Here's your next hotkey. I use Alt-4 with scroll lock on. Set it to whatever you want. Not ALT-F4. Bad idea.

*place holder
    First we need to have a script to identify which windows all the hotkeys go to once we have them launched and resized
    Code:
    // DEFINE MAIL LABELS FOR SENDING KEY STROKES 
    <Label ao1 Local SendWinM ao1>                            
    <Label ao2 Local SendWinM ao2>                            
    <Label ao3 Local SendWinM ao3>                            
    <Label ao4 Local SendWinM ao4>
    Now the magic happens. This is just the beginning of using hotkeys to send commands to windows. Once you get started and playing with it, you might just get lost!

In this example when scroll lock is on and I press ALT 4 (not on the number pad) each window will select the leader I use in the main window then use hotbar 4 which I set to be my follow button. If you lost it, it's in the game control panel or you can type in the game /macro follow /follow

YMMV. Technically you could send <text /follow> to keep a hotkey open but i think I had issues with the / being in there. Something about needing to use <key enter> <wait 150><text /follow><wait 150><key enter> broke it. The game client or hotkey didn't like it and I ended up with a bunch of windows opening related to the letters in /follow or it wouldn't hit enter the second time. Sometimes a window would even jump. Without further ado!

Code:
    pending. Might be able to get the /follow to work without using a hotkey
    Last edited by Bonicell; Feb 9th, 2016 at 10:49:34.

Something missing on your last code box
    EDIT: aaah, placeholder nevermind

I really really hate when ppl use it to pvp, but i can agree that sometime it's fun and usefull to use when farming crap like bracers in albatraum etc.

Something that would be useful to do is auto place 4 windowed screens on top/next to the other to fill the screen when starting them, at least on a 4k screen.
    Also, any good solution to havinf the other toon auto join team on invite besides manually swapping and clicking?
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Feb 8th, 2016 at 19:12:26.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Also, if you delete the anarchy.eula file you don't have to deal with it in the scripts, the gui will popup just fine when it dosenät find the file.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Also, if you delete the anarchy.eula file you don't have to deal with it in the scripts, the gui will popup just fine when it dosenät find the file.
    I had no idea!
    However, I'm concerned with crossing lines. While I realize you can also launch the game by skipping the patcher all together, the EULA something that "should" be accepted when using the software. IT may be something people know how to do, I don;t feel it should be advertised. Although since it's so simple, perhaps it's not as much of an issue as I am picturing it to be.

Something that would be useful to do is auto place 4 windowed screens on top/next to the other to fill the screen when starting them, at least on a 4k screen.
    What's the actual resolution of your 4k? 3600 something by 2460ish? I can give you another script for that size once I have those numbers. Do you want them all the same size or have a main window with smaller ones? How many toons/clients will you be running?

Also, any good solution to havinf the other toon auto join team on invite besides manually swapping and clicking?
    I have not yet played with broadcasting mouse clicks but I can help you with that one once I do. hotkeynet will tell you where you have clicked on the screen once a mouse broadcast is setup. It will show it in the last button pressed area.

3840x2160, i'm not currently playing with mb, i might later with froobs for the fun so if you post something don't do it for me

The idea would be to run 4 clients on that screen at 960x540 if i wanted to see 4+1 (mainscreen) at the same time or something like that.
    you play with the mouseclicks, no need to rush it for me

4k Res 4x1 and window swap scripts

Anything you are looking forward to may also be looked for by others. I'm having fun not even playing the game but playing with hotkey. I mapped out 2 layouts for your setup. One for 1 main on top 4 small on bottom and another for one on the left 4 smaller on the right. I'll throw that in the code placeholder later this afternoon. This can be added at the end of the login script before the next hotkey is defined so that after everything is logged in all windows go to their homes. IF you do that just remember to remove the hotkey line for shift r. I can set up a script for that if anyone has trouble with it. I'll pop up another for the window relocating for a resolution that size. Mostly, it's just copy paste a few times and change which account name is in a few spots.

Oh yeah, and I want a 4k display SO if I script it now, I'll have it ready for later!

3840x2160 Main window top 4 small bottom
    Code:
    //----------------------------------------------------
    //
    //     4k res set game res to 3840x1650 on all clients
    //            This script will give 4x1
    //    1 main window top. 4 child windows bottom
    //     with a placeholder for main @ bottom left
    //             for swapping
    //----------------------------------------------------
    //
    //	 _______________________________
    //	|                               |
    //	|          not to scale         |
    //	|	      3840              |
    //	|              x                |
    //	|             1650              |
    //	|_______________________________|
    //      | 960   | 960   | 960   | 960   |
    //      | x540  | x540  | x540  | x540  |
    //      |_______|_______|_______|_______|
    //
    //	no room is left for the taskbar.
    //	if room is needed take main window to 1640ht
    //	child windows to 530ht 
    //	may need to adjust some to give enough room
    //-----------------------------------------------------
    //
    // *optional - instead of the below hotkey you can 
    //           include it at the end of the game launch
    //           and before the next hotkey
    //
    //-----------------------------------------------------
    // hot key is with scroll long on. Shift+R
    <hotkey ScrollLockOn Shift R>    
        <targetwin ao1>
        <setwinsize 3840 1650>
        <setwinpos 0 0>
        <targetwin ao2>
        <setwinsize 960 540>
        <setwinpos 961 1651>
        <targetwin ao3>
        <setwinsize 960 540>
        <setwinpos 1921 1651>
        <targetwin ao4>
        <setwinsize 960 540>
        <setwinpos 1651 2880>
    3844x2160 Main window left 4 small right
    Code:
    placeholder
    Last edited by Bonicell; Feb 9th, 2016 at 11:08:58. Reason: title and add placeholders for window swapping

Assist

If anyone knows how to make code boxes smaller in height please share your knowledge. I already talk alot, some scripts take up so much space. I'd rather now go to linking to paste bin but I guess it's an option if it gets out of hand.

Code:
    assist/engage will be here My obsession has moved me to 6 accounts. More because I can. Why not level up a group of buff machines to help the community?
    Last edited by Bonicell; Feb 10th, 2016 at 08:58:29.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    <Hotkey LAlt Z>
    <SendLabel toon1, toons2, etc>
    <ClickMouse LButton Window 778 612>

Edit to your tastes

(As a side note, if someone could show me how to make that work with minimised screens, i'd be very grateful. )
    Last edited by Aiken; Feb 9th, 2016 at 08:59:48.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

(As a side note, if someone could show me how to make that work with minimised screens, i'd be very grateful. )
    turns out, hotkeynet doesn't want to work with a minimized window. I assume you found that out already. Tried sendwins sendwinm sendwinmf and a few others. Each report back "<ClickMouse LButton Window 59 673> failed: Specified cursor movement is relative to window but window is minimized."
    Last edited by Bonicell; Feb 9th, 2016 at 11:15:20. Reason: *no go

Quote Originally Posted by Bonicell View Post
    /snip
    It's no real issue to have all the clients up or the team invite, I just keep most of them minimised to avoid system lag as it gets a bit sluggish after the 4th client or so. I was more curious incase i'd missed something simple with HkN really as the few things I'd tried showed similar results.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

working on 6 account multibox right now. I have found some fo the code could be done more efficiently with %1 %2 %3 etc such as window swapping. I'm getting some playtime in while I do this so will have updates early next week.