Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - September 2015 (To the Dark Pyramid Below)

Michizure you are the best thing that has happened to AO in years! Thank you! Truly.

Also I agree with other posters kind of, there should be more stuff to do at midgamelevels (and this includes froobs, if you keep them busy you get more subscribers). Because the game really stops at level 130 for froobs. This applies to paid members too. Only meaningful level for PVM in the 100-200 range is 150 for S10.

So basically, a new dungeon to progress. Currently we have:

Subway (maybe add some more boss gear, weapons like in totw?)
    Totw
    Foremans

and then it stops. Its just borgs and team missions/dailies.

There could be another dungeon to fill in the 100-200 grind.

Also dungeons with storylines are cool. Such as totw and foremans. And I dont mean quests necessarely. I never did any of the foremans quest despite playing AO for 10 years~. I mean the "atmosphere", item descriptions and whatnot.

Edit:

Logged in to AO since ages. Haven't seen borealis that empty since awhile(On a saturday night no less). I dont know, buy some facebook ads or something, this is not good.
    Last edited by Winning; Oct 3rd, 2015 at 22:49:39.

Well, there is Dark Ruins still, but the entirety of... pretty much all SL zones are messed up for leveling in.

If you never did the missions for Biomare, you were missing out on a good +treatment item on the neck, with no level lock, for anyone who could get their comp lit to 400.

Quote Originally Posted by vitriolic-v View Post
    Well, there is Dark Ruins still, but the entirety of... pretty much all SL zones are messed up for leveling in.

If you never did the missions for Biomare, you were missing out on a good +treatment item on the neck, with no level lock, for anyone who could get their comp lit to 400.
    dark ruins is good, but you know.. the issue with it is its location.
    evrything to have a succes depends on location in mmo, easyer it is to get there the higher chanse it is for succes of any dungeon/raid place.

would be nice if ao could follow other mmo with press ( key ) and open a raid planer whatever where you can sign up for certain dungs / battlestations.. i belive low lev battlestations/dark ruins for example would get active if people could just press a key and they open this option menu where you can sign yourself on diffrent things and get zoned in from your current location.
    becose running to the place to sign up etc doesnt work anymore for evryone, pure lasyness maybe but it is how it is.. why not just adapt to the lasyness to keep stuff active is what i wonder.

Some of AO's mechanics are very dated, but, doing it with raid finders and stuff would bring some of fixer/engineer toolsets into disuse, which cuts into the uniqueness and team-oriented nature of the game. Ideally, we would have enough players that you could get beacon warped or fgridded to wherever, whenever. I know you can't fgrid in SL, and I think that applies to beacon warp as well, but I'm not and never have been an engineer, so...

Beacon warp and fgrid don't make much sense in Shadowlands, lore-wise, but maybe it could happen that the syndicate or somebody had some source-tapping machinery that allows rapid arbitrary transit through a new SL fgrid you hack into at teleport statues and a new SL beacon warp, with lore-friendly naming and explanations. It's a convenience that the structure of zones like Scheol makes into a necessity (when it comes to having a fun game rather than a stressful one). Lore-wise, I guess metaphysicists would be the profession that controls whatever this new transit system would be.

That would still rely on a bigger population, to have the professions that have access and can share it with others actually be available to share it. That's the biggest problem with most of AO's mechanics, as far as why they aren't compelling. I would rather we fix things by fixing the population, but FC has always done this in a too-little-too-late kind of way and it'll probably just get worse in spite of anything they do at the pace they tend to work. That leaves changing mechanics, breaking toolsets or distributing them to all players -- almost tending toward making every character into some kind of super-profession, removing profession locks and level locks on anything, and greening the IP on every skill for everyone, so that everyone can do everything any time they need to so that the game can be fully soloable by everyone, because the alternative is oldschool MMO inconvenience that is far from attractive to new players (and old blood rots) and won't keep them playing.

We're in a weird stuck place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I need to raid Beast more I don't have a full Pandemonium set...
    wat
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    i'M SO EXCITED!
    Let me guess, you just can't hide it?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    wat
    Srs though trox mp, neither do I. Not for lack of trying, however the beast social came to the store.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Michi, you becoming GD has been an unexpected but excellent turn of events and I'd like to echo all the sentiments thanking you for what you've done for AO. Grats on the one-year anniversary.

I have one question. Is it possible that you'd consider helping to set up some kind of new/returning player hub channel similar to what TSW has in #Sanctuary? I've considered repeatedly whether or not to post in LoRK but always ended up not, partially because any player-run channel in AO relies on a chatbot being hosted somewhere and someone to keep an eye on it. In TSW people can just type /chat join #whatever, and I think it would be advantageous to find something that has a similar resilience against particular people being around to host bots or act as moderators or whatever, because life happens and people might be away from the game for a while sometimes. I don't however know if this is possible from a technical point of view in AO.

And yeah, some of you on these forums will probably accuse me of turning into a carebear or whatever, but I honestly have no ****s left to give: I just want some damn people to play a game I'm increasingly excited about with. I'm tired of soloing and hearing of other people in similar situations for whom the usual "just join an org" or "use the raidbots" responses don't work because of timezones, factions, irregular working hours or whatever else.
    :E

We're going on Steam (soon tm) (<--note, that's a Michi "soon", not the more common nebulous one ) which will bring the local barbarian horde population briefly up to unmanageable levels:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming

It'll be epic and painful but ultimately good for the player population.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Let me guess, you just can't hide it?
    I feel like Jesse on her caffeine pill fix XD!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED...
    I'M SO EXCITED...
    I'M SO EXCITED...
    .... 'tears?'

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    {edited} You're the only one on the forums who's stated they have 7000+ tokens {edited}

{edited}

Up until the time when this patch is live, there has NEVER been a reason to collect in excess of 2500 tokens. My advy? about 2500 tokens. My doc? about 3k. My MA? about 4k (interestingly this is my oldest toon, but the reason I have a lot of tokens on him is because I used to farm tower guns religiously), my enf has about 3500.

I am not sure about my crat, trader, engi, keeper sold, other enf or fixer nor do I care. {edited} read through the replies on this thread. You're the only one with such a bountiful stack.
    my NT have 47k tokens :/
    Ciassene

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    wat
    Never spent my lootrolls, wishlist slots or bot points on them, most of those pieces were kind of nonsensical for NT after all. And I guess I just left them if they were there FFA because I figured someone else would want them, I didn't enjoy the helmet's look. I lack the sleeves and helmet only though.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Oct 4th, 2015 at 18:40:28.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Account now paid to 2017 January 14th .. If all goes according to this i'll be happy with game until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Ciassene View Post
    my NT have 47k tokens :/
    I can't.. even.... how in.... 47000 tokens?

what is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Never spent my lootrolls, wishlist slots or bot points on them, most of those pieces were kind of nonsensical for NT after all. And I guess I just left them if they were there FFA because I figured someone else would want them, I didn't enjoy the helmet's look. I lack the sleeves and helmet only though.
    Same, I think I'm still missing a second shoulder as I had no use for it aside from cosmetic, and 1 covered that.
    Last edited by Krause; Oct 5th, 2015 at 06:40:34.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Shoulders are unique thankfully so you don't need a second. Would hate to have to wear 2 beast shoulders given the mods.

A question Michi, does this perk action require all beast armor pieces or is there any optional pieces like neck since you only stated "full suit".

And is this perk action an attack or a buff? If its the later you may want to make sure it checks for the beast armor pieces every few secs since truthfully the first thing I would do is retwink my Agent in a way to abuse the buff as others might think to do with their own toons.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I can't.. even.... how in.... 47000 tokens?

what is that from?
    This reminds me that, in AO, you get the extremes (cue the scene where the guy guy falls from the roof top, then gets run over by a truck, then run over by a steam roller, then stomped by a marching band for good measure).

7k, wow, that is some good stuff...15k, stop, your killing me...25k, damn man, just stop...47k...seriously man, for the love of all that is good and right, stop!

With that said, how about a once only item for whoever has the most tokens? Social straight jacket (with no mods) for the back slot or maybe a pet therapist that follows you around and says things to you like "I wonder if there is anything fun going on...outside"!
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    This reminds me that, in AO, you get the extremes (cue the scene where the guy guy falls from the roof top, then gets run over by a truck, then run over by a steam roller, then stomped by a marching band for good measure).
    I remember this movie, what on RK was it called ? Spy hard or similar ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    So basically, a new dungeon to progress. Currently we have:

Subway (maybe add some more boss gear, weapons like in totw?)
    Totw
    Foremans

and then it stops. Its just borgs and team missions/dailies.

There could be another dungeon to fill in the 100-200 grind.

Also dungeons with storylines are cool. Such as totw and foremans.
    Well... there is a place called Crypt of Home. With a little searching you could also stumble upon smugglers/mantis den, and also lets not forget Inner Sanctum. They all do have story lines.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

they should up CoH to 150ish and buff the mobs to match. Makes no sense to have 2 dungeons with similar level requirements

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast