Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - September 2015 (To the Dark Pyramid Below)

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - September 2015 (To the Dark Pyramid Below)

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a nice September. This month has flown by with nearly all focus directed towards the Pyramid of Home dungeon, which I hope to share with all of you very soon. That said, here we go!

The Pyramid of Home

This encounter will start from Number Nine's chamber. You will be able to enter his inner sanctum freely from Broken Shores if you have successfully Shut Down the Terminal.

The descent underneath the Pyramid begins through the large doors behind Number Nine. The interior of the Pyramid is network of somewhat disjointed chambers. While it may seem impossible to move from one area to the next, the secret of moving through the temple is closely guarded by a specific set of guardians; the act of summoning these special cultists will require somewhat precise coordination and timing between teammates.

Between each area is a powerful guardian, each with their own sets of abilities to dispatch unwanted guests. Mobility and battlefield awareness will be needed in these fights slightly more than in some previous encounters. Attempting to simply brute-force through these monsters may be ill-advised. The final fight is one that will, in particular, require careful placement of both the player and boss itself.

With this dungeon, more than anything, I wanted to create a set of encounters that mixed some old and new ideas/designs. The full encounter will present 4 bosses that I hope will provide a fair challenge for everyone who faces them - Good luck!

As for rewards, most notably, it will be possible to create 5k Token boards and upgrade Pandemonium armor. Wearing the full suit of upgraded Pandemonium armor will also offer access to a unique perk action. The other reward items include a set of weapons to use until Xan-upgraded weapons are available, a couple new HUD items to cater to particular roles, and some other varied pieces of armor.

I intend to have the Pyramid of Home on Testlive in the next week or two, to be released to Live before Halloween.

Halloween 2015

Halloween is only a month away! This Halloween will herald the return of Uncle Pumpkinhead, and his griefing brothers. Frankenleet and Draculeet will also make their return to provide Tricks and Treats for everyone who is feeling festive. The Enigma will once again be besieged by the vile Entvined. Finally, the elusive Ganking Pumpkinhead will also be returning, offering some of the rarest loot ever collected by the Pumpkinhead clan.

I will provide dates and update information on this year's Halloween celebrations as we get closer to the event! I hope to see you all during this spooky time of the year.

New Website

A few weeks ago we upgraded the main AO page. We have replaced our old page with a more streamlined version: http://www.anarchy-online.com/. A version of the old page can still be accessed via http://archive.anarchy-online.com/. If you have time, please feel free to check it out.

One Year Later

I will keep this brief:

A little over a year ago, I was given the opportunity to assume this Lead Designer role over Anarchy Online, which I accepted without hesitation. While the past 12 months have offered their fair share of challenges and obstacles, it also allowed for some significant achievements which I am very proud of. There will never be a shortage of work to do, and huge projects like the "Systems Changes" or "New Engine" will never be completely "done," but it has been my honor to have played a part in furthering these initiatives, and more, and bringing some of them to the Live server.

I have my list of goals and milestones for the next year lined up, and look forward to getting to work on these items; improvements to both Anarchy Online and myself as a Lead Designer. Thank you very much to everyone who has provided help and support - You have helped me overcome some of the more vicious obstacles this job has presented, while also making the victories feel even more monumental.

Thank You!

This month has been busy, but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to bring all of you this Pyramid of Home dungeon soon, and then Halloween shortly after that. Thank you for your patience with this update! Have a great October!
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

I'm a fan
    Limefire, The Great White Hope

First..

ah someone got me first.

Happy anniversary then mr Michi. Most satisfying 12 months of development I ever saw in last 7 years in AO. Good job, there is always room to improve and I am glad you are finding it.

Cannot wait to test it on testlive sounds like a hoot! Finally an alternative to AI armor? How stronk is this unique full set Perk Action?
    Last edited by Cratertina; Sep 30th, 2015 at 22:00:37. Reason: Well
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

\o/ Michi!
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

3rd
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

LoL omg.. 5k token board and this beast armor set seems realy intresting.
    Neutral might suffer at tl 7 thou if they cant use this 5k board and neither the 2500 ?

I realy think neutrals should just get full acces to normal token board, neutrals suffers enough with that they never ownt a towersite kinda.
    Also neutrals since the begining never had the pleasure like clan/omnis for the faction gear on top of it except acces to clan/omni keys wich is nothing and barly matters.
    I think its time to move on this stupid ''neutrals has to be trash becose they dont want to pick a side''.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Oct 1st, 2015 at 00:58:59.

FC have always hated Neutrals
    I really hope that Michi will be more "Neutral friendly"
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

5k board is a really awful idea, just another grind for people creating new toons.

If the stats don't increase but you get some nice perks for it (like teleports to certain areas) that would be MUCH better.

It would be nicer to see an upgrade to HI tokenboard, their quite outdated and in some cases worse then 1k boards.. Might be nice to trow some upgrades for them.. Maybe even something for the neuts..

When i saw "One year later" part i was expecting some goodbye mesage....
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'm a fan
    Metal or plastic?

Oh, first page.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    One Year Later

I will keep this brief:

A little over a year ago, I was given the opportunity to assume this Lead Designer role over Anarchy Online, which I accepted without hesitation. While the past 12 months have offered their fair share of challenges and obstacles, it also allowed for some significant achievements which I am very proud of. There will never be a shortage of work to do, and huge projects like the "Systems Changes" or "New Engine" will never be completely "done," but it has been my honor to have played a part in furthering these initiatives, and more, and bringing some of them to the Live server.

I have my list of goals and milestones for the next year lined up, and look forward to getting to work on these items; improvements to both Anarchy Online and myself as a Lead Designer. Thank you very much to everyone who has provided help and support - You have helped me overcome some of the more vicious obstacles this job has presented, while also making the victories feel even more monumental.

Thank You!

This month has been busy, but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to bring all of you this Pyramid of Home dungeon soon, and then Halloween shortly after that. Thank you for your patience with this update! Have a great October!
    Thanks Michi ... I especially like the goals already lined up for the next year ...

hmmm .... youtube video in your smiley face?

Emma
    Last edited by Emma; Oct 1st, 2015 at 00:27:08.

i'M SO EXCITED!

Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    This.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Yes /10char It's happening.
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    5k board is a really awful idea, just another grind for people creating new toons.

If the stats don't increase but you get some nice perks for it (like teleports to certain areas) that would be MUCH better.
    Fail to see how this is adding to grind. Practically every tl7 toon I know has way in excess of 5k tokens just through regular accumulation during levelling

Quote Originally Posted by Nonzo View Post
    Fail to see how this is adding to grind. Practically every tl7 toon I know has way in excess of 5k tokens just through regular accumulation during levelling
    Any oldschool TL7 that was built before dailies were introduced will be far below 5k.

I don't have 5k on any one of my 12 220's.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Any oldschool TL7 that was built before dailies were introduced will be far below 5k.

I don't have 5k on any one of my 12 220's.

This.

Honestly i think there is already enough TL7 action in game. And Michi should focus on other lvl ranges.
    For example i think there is missing action between 150-200. You have only Cultists in ADO and maybe Alapaa in PEN (after nerf).
    Therefore you can see tl5 toons on lft for inferno.

Everyone wants quickly jump on tl7 because there are many things to do there.
    Just imagine inferno, pandemonium, whole LOX instance, DB1,2,3 etc.

And now another tl7 action with requirement of killing Beast in pande .....
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast