Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - August 2015 (Pyramid Scheming)

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Of course, but after petitioning such activity - GMs can easily check IP addresses and other things to determine if its MBer or not.

I really doubt 6 players within same LAN network with one external dynamic/static IP and same idents that are being logged on login will use voicechat, play AO and act that perfect

And I really really want to hear an official answer on this one because it can affect things greatly.
    As stated earlier there are other legit ways of targeting the same player on mutliple accounts without using assist. He is not banning people from playing multiple accounts he is just removing a macro command, they won't ban players for playing thier accounts.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Foob View Post
    they won't ban players for playing thier accounts.
    Tell that to the countless other players banned for abusing particular PvP mechanics.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Tell that to the countless other players banned for abusing particular PvP mechanics.
    I said legit ways though, not abusing mechanics. I'll probably have to make a video showing other ways at some point to defend myself I'm guessing...
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer

I said legit ways though, not abusing mechanics. I'll probably have to make a video showing other ways at some point to defend myself I'm guessing...
    So, what you're saying is, you can still use your box in PVP, in the way you want, but you don't {care} what the GD is attempting to do, so you'll just keep on utilizing your kill box to the extent that is feasible, using every advantage you can get, regardless of whether or not it's legal, semi legal, intended, unintended or a downright exploit. But to further incriminate your own processes, you're going to make a movie of yourself doing it?

wow.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 4th, 2015 at 15:25:10. Reason: Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    So, what you're saying is, you can still use your box in PVP, in the way you want, but you don't give a rat sh*t what the GD is attempting to do, so you'll just keep on utilizing your kill box to the extent that is feasible, using every advantage you can get, regardless of whether or not it's legal, semi legal, intended, unintended or a downright exploit. But to further incriminate your own processes, you're going to make a movie of yourself doing it?

wow.
    No what I'm saying is that removing /assist will not stop people playing thier multiple accounts in pvp, and people that get killed will petition after this change.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer

No what I'm saying is that removing /assist will not stop people playing thier multiple accounts in pvp, and people that get killed will petition after this change.
    As they should.

The GD said:

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure
    In an upcoming update (some time after 18.8.3), changes will be made to how the /assist command and Target's Target functionality work. Specifically, this command and GUI feature will not work if the Target's target is a Player. While this will drastically change how certain PvP venues operate, we feel this change will make PvP feel more engaging and less automated.
    Michizure hasn't explicitly stated that he's trying to make multibox PVP more difficult, but he's certainly trying things that will shake it up.

You've said this won't work, I'll just use 'X to retain multibox functionality'; without reading between the lines, you're simply stating that you're not on board with the changes that the GD wants to make. So, are you joining NKB next?

And you want to film yourself doing it?

Sure, it's not in contradiction with what Michi has explicitly stated yet, because Michi hasn't explicitly said that his intention is to limit MB functionality in PVP, but clearly the motive is to make PVP enjoyable to all players which means directly limiting the trivialization of making kills in PVP. So all you're doing is announcing that you intend to retain functionality, which inherently means you are already trivializing PVP encounters, and you intend to keep doing so.

Recall that several players were permanently [removed] for "trivializing encounters", and that was in PVM... I'd be very careful how you intend to promote your position.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Sep 3rd, 2015 at 02:38:19. Reason: removed text which is not allowed on forums

I'm saying I won't stop playing my 6 accounts that I've just bought a year sub for all on, that is correct.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer

Oh, sure, me either.

But there's a difference between trivializing encounters where you're directly impacting a person's game experience by use of questionable mechanics and deliberate use (misuse) of actable specials/attacks, and adopting a balanced or staggered system of attack.

For example, there's nothing that says you can't have 6 chars logged at the same time, and execute a gank while the others are idle, then swap while your perks and specials recharge.

Or, you could utilize team heals/team buffs to ensure that your leader is well defended which again, since you're not making an offensive trivialization and denying participation of a paying player is a far more virtuous utilisation of your six accounts.

Anyhow, be careful, from one MBer to another

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    So, what you're saying is, you can still use your box in PVP, in the way you want, but you don't {care} what the GD is attempting to do,
    Whoa , its a bit presumptuous to assume what the GD is doing other than removing a macro command. That aside I find it laughable to remove assist from the common team player.

All I see is a lot of high horse comments about manual mouse targeting or tabbing being the "right way" to play. SMH I suppose it makes much more sense that a futuristic game with clone technology and space travel resorts to archaic manual targeting. WOW The last time manual targeting was used was back in WW2 roflol. I mean it makes sooo much sense that nanobots can automatically target players in a team for team heals in combat, but can not assist team members. I suppose it doesn't have to make sense it's just a sci-fi game that resorts to pre-nanotechnology for future combat.

Its a shame the majority of players in AO (leveling pvm players fyi) don't have time for forums QQ because they are busy actually playing. Instead of worrying about how something affects 220 pvp. its also a shame the most vocal forums users dont give a rats ace about the majority of AO players game experience.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 4th, 2015 at 15:26:43. Reason: fixed quoted text, removed derogatory reference
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Any attempt at making pvp more dynamic and less like 'rover rover send rolfor right over' is encouraged.

Simply put, any attempt at me being able to participate in tower wars shouldn't have a barrier of entry that costs me 5 additional accounts.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I guess youcan do the same with 6 froob agents... For free.

But i like pvp assist removal, for singleboxing issues... Sitting in field and spamming assist and damage...

Pretty much improvement... Boxing will be fixed when pvp becomes even more involving to play... Potentially removal of tab targeting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I still think we should open up a cheese 'n whine shop...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Nahh, enough of cheasy whining as it is...

How many days yet? 1 month? 5 Weeks... Daydreaming of assistless pvp... Maybe classic box brawl at Tara.. Do you clanz intend to come there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

this is very great news, mich is such a good Gd.

WoW. Another soon to be empty DB3 instance.
    PvP changes can be very usefull, not sure to whom since no one is into PvP anymore, not sure if Funcom realised it yet.
    Game almost empty, but yeah keep up the good work, whatever that work might be.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Slynn View Post
    WoW. Another soon to be empty DB3 instance.
    PvP changes can be very usefull, not sure to whom since no one is into PvP anymore, not sure if Funcom realised it yet.
    Game almost empty, but yeah keep up the good work, whatever that work might be.
    nice reading skills.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    both a multibox using 6 seperate binds (1 per character) or a group of players coordinating via voicechat will likely still hit you within a few milliseconds
    Gaaaaaah! I don't PvP, I don't care (much) about multiboxing, but I have to protest this abuse of "milliseconds". It is close to impossible for a regular, coordinated team (no matter how they are communicating) to fire up 6 specials within a few milliseconds. Hell, it's also not likely that a MB "team" could do that. It may happen in "a blink of an eye" (roughly 70ms IIRC), but let's take a look at the two categories of attack:

LAN party with 6 people:
    - You all target the same person beforehand
    - Leader yells "attack" (T: 0ms)
    - Soundwave of the command reaches your eardrums (T: 6ms) (with few assumptions)
    - Brain decyphers the command (takes ~20ms; T: 26ms)
    - Things start getting funky here - you cannot find a group of people that processes the information in the same time span. Takes approx. 200ms - 800ms even if your finger is already on the key (T: 226ms - 826ms - upward if you're inexperienced)
    As for FC, only the last step matters since that's what they get on their servers, in their logs. Even the most experienced group that's been used to legal group PvP would be off by at least 10s of milliseconds.

Multibox:
    - Player fires up multiple clients and finds the target
    - Decides to attack (T: 0ms)
    - MB sends TCP packets or virtual key commands to running clients. (takes ~5ms (my estimate), T: 5ms)
    - Even if other programs, routers, or anything else on the internet interferes with these, the fact is the packets were sent almost at the same time and will arrive within a few milliseconds to their destination
    Boom, you got a multiboxer.

And in case you're worried about false positives, just let some ARKs follow suspected MBs around. On their next attempt it will be clear as day.
    Last edited by BytEfLUSh2; Sep 4th, 2015 at 02:47:53.

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post

And in case you're worried about false positives, just let some ARKs follow suspected MBs around. On their next attempt it will be clear as day.
    And who is to say that those ARKs aren't keen on multiboxing their own toons, mean if someone is an ARK, they are invested in AO, someone that invested may well multibox.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast