Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - August 2015 (Pyramid Scheming)

It's on testlive right now

Zomg, so few days to go... Dat is gonna be fun...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I am sick of spamming assist macro in the 50 vs 50 tower battles. This will make huge battles that much more interesting. Forget the multiboxers, they will be dealt with eventually. This change is not to deal with them.

Ah sorry, I forgot to mention that case. It will still be possible to pull the target data if a NPC being assisted. If this change does nothing but benefit cheaters, we do have alternate and additional options available...this is only the first stab.
    Assist changes won't affect MB at all. It only hurts team pvp. Sorry Michi this will only benefit MB.

Im amazed all the game experts have not figured this out yet, especially since they are always telling people to L2P the game roflol.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Well he said there are ways to deal with cheatssisting....

So multiboxing is OK.... Just fire will be less controlled in a real mass scenario. Other than that.... I hope clans come to tara... It is gonna be a massive brawl.
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Upcoming PvP Changes
    In an upcoming update (some time after 18.8.3), changes will be made to how the /assist command and Target's Target functionality work. Specifically, this command and GUI feature will not work if the Target's target is a Player. While this will drastically change how certain PvP venues operate, we feel this change will make PvP feel more engaging and less automated.
    :rip:

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

It'll make mass PvP so awesome.

Jeez.
    My prayers are finally coming true.

Srsly thinkin about resubbing now.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Jeez.
    My prayers are finally coming true.

Srsly thinkin about resubbing now.
    Do eet. I'm starting to think us RK2ers are actually being outnumbered now
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Upcoming PvP Changes
    In an upcoming update (some time after 18.8.3), changes will be made to how the /assist command and Target's Target functionality work. Specifically, this command and GUI feature will not work if the Target's target is a Player. While this will drastically change how certain PvP venues operate, we feel this change will make PvP feel more engaging and less automated.
    I suggested this in like 2004
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Nice we get to see behind the hidden door. How do we enter the Piramide? or do we need to complete Beast first to get inside?

Could you also create a hidden door with stuff to do inside, the Subway (behind the ugly boss), ToTw (Behind the main boss), FO (behind TIM?) and CoH (behind the Cirubin?)... perpahs derive it from what you currently are making ans scale it accourdingly to lvl? with a few twists?

This won't stop multiboxing in PvP, infact it's a buff to multiboxers at towers for certain reasons people will see after the patch. Also there are other ways to still be on the same target legally if you know what you're doing. I hope FC is ready for the influx of petitions claiming "amagad he has teh expl0itz" every time someone dies in pvp. I suggest multiboxers get a good fraps type program and record everything if they are legit. (And also yes there are illegal programs out there that can /assist without a macro, I hope FC will be able to police that better than they have with certain other client manipulation progs).

There's probably better options than removing the assist macro, pretty much every MMO has assist/target of target. Just remember it's always the few whiners that are the most vocal, as much as some forum pvpers think they know every person that plays the game, the majority of paying players wouldn't even know what multiboxing is let alone care about it.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Foob View Post
    This won't stop multiboxing in PvP, infact it's a buff to multiboxers at towers for certain reasons people will see after the patch. Also there are other ways to still be on the same target legally if you know what you're doing. I hope FC is ready for the influx of petitions claiming "amagad he has teh expl0itz" every time someone dies in pvp. I suggest multiboxers get a good fraps type program and record everything if they are legit. (And also yes there are illegal programs out there that can /assist without a macro, I hope FC will be able to police that better than they have with certain other client manipulation progs).

There's probably better options than removing the assist macro, pretty much every MMO has assist/target of target. Just remember it's always the few whiners that are the most vocal, as much as some forum pvpers think they know every person that plays the game, the majority of paying players wouldn't even know what multiboxing is let alone care about it.
    Well Mitchi doesn't want to make it easier for cheaters as he already said.
    Ah sorry, I forgot to mention that case. It will still be possible to pull the target data if a NPC being assisted. If this change does nothing but benefit cheaters, we do have alternate and additional options available...this is only the first stab.
    So it may not even happen.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Well Mitchi doesn't want to make it easier for cheaters as he already said.

So it may not even happen.
    I understand he doesn't want to make it easy for cheaters and I know he would love to get rid of all cheaters, but most endgame players know how rampant aomh use is. How will policing 3rd party assist software be any different?
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Foob View Post
    I understand he doesn't want to make it easy for cheaters and I know he would love to get rid of all cheaters, but most endgame players know how rampant aomh use is. How will policing 3rd party assist software be any different?
    Simple answer is "boots on the ground" man-power, GM observes situation, given cheaters are very easy to spot. And start swinging the ban hammer.

I can't think of an automated system that couldn't be bypassed, that could effectively deal with it.

So given the company's current situation; I can't see that happening anytime soon though.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

By the way Michi. Can I clarify 1 moment?

So, when assist will be removed - does it mean that getting attacked by a group of players in same millisecond is bannable offence now? Because it can only happen when someone using 3rd party software. Regular situation when totally different players (especially 6 of them) will hit all specials same millisecond on same target is nearly impossible and won't practically happen.
    G.F.B.D.
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

By the way Michi. Can I clarify 1 moment?

So, when assist will be removed - does it mean that getting attacked by a group of players in same millisecond is bannable offence now? Because it can only happen when someone using 3rd party software. Regular situation when totally different players (especially 6 of them) will hit all specials same millisecond on same target is nearly impossible and won't practically happen.
    Unless, of course, they're agents (or any other prof but agents are the most likely offenders) in stealth and pre-target you before you can see them. In which case both a multibox using 6 seperate binds (1 per character) or a group of players coordinating via voicechat will likely still hit you within a few milliseconds and be 100% legal in both cases.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Unless, of course, they're agents (or any other prof but agents are the most likely offenders) in stealth and pre-target you before you can see them. In which case both a multibox using 6 seperate binds (1 per character) or a group of players coordinating via voicechat will likely still hit you within a few milliseconds and be 100% legal in both cases.
    Of course, but after petitioning such activity - GMs can easily check IP addresses and other things to determine if its MBer or not.

I really doubt 6 players within same LAN network with one external dynamic/static IP and same idents that are being logged on login will use voicechat, play AO and act that perfect

And I really really want to hear an official answer on this one because it can affect things greatly.
    Last edited by Artyomis; Sep 2nd, 2015 at 17:08:42.
    G.F.B.D.

Of course, but after petitioning such activity - GMs can easily check IP addresses and other things to determine if its MBer or not.

I really doubt 6 players within same LAN network with one external dynamic/static IP and same idents that are being logged on login will use voicechat, play AO and act that perfect

And I really really want to hear an official answer on this one because it can affect things greatly.
    Yes but, as I said, the MB'er may still be within the rules if it's a case of either tab-targeting due to proximity or just pre-targeting on all toons. Executing all the specials/etc on 6 toons quickly can be done legally still and it only takes up 6 keys on a keyboard.

A clear policy is needed to avoid technicalities.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

This is going to be an absolute nightmare for CS to 'police'....Best of luck with this one Michi, I have a feeling you're all going to need it.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast