Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - August 2015 (Pyramid Scheming)

What they should do is make it such that everyone can only be hit by one special of that type every X amount of time. As in, you can only be hit by an AS once every 5 seconds, FA every 5 seconds etc etc for all the specials. That would kill off the multiboxers just insta-gibbing anyone with a team of 6 agents and what not, however it would hurt it in normal pvp where it ties into multi-person pvp.

However good show Michi.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Nah nah nah, nah... nah nah nah, nah... hey hey hey...goodbye!
    Seriously? Bad taste and a fail. This change only hurts regular players and does NOTHING to hamper MB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    Ty for assist changes.
    This quote alone should tell you it won't affect MB's if Soju isn't worried.

I will give you a day or 2 to figure out the work around I instantly thought of and I don't even MB.

You can not curb MB without destroying team pvp PERIOD. It is not possible. As long as aimed shot or any special caps 30% you will never eliminate MB's. You guys are so worked up about MB's yet you ignore the easiest way to defeat them, instead you ask the gd to change the rules instead of adapting. This change does nothing, a simple TAB and all the MB toons standing in same spot are targeting the nearest player ANYWAY omfg. You are cheering the removal of any chance for a TEAM to defeat a single MB tower defender before getting insta ganked. Hilarious
    Last edited by Psikie; Aug 29th, 2015 at 04:40:06.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

does this mean we wont be able to use assist macro in mass pvp? so whole raid will tab + q? This will be bad...what if we have 2 RIs and omni+neuts r fighting vs clans?
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Seriously? Bad taste and a fail. This change only hurts regular players and does NOTHING to hamper MB's.
    Nah, this is bad taste and fail.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Canibaal View Post
    does this mean we wont be able to use assist macro in mass pvp? so whole raid will tab + q? This will be bad...what if we have 2 RIs and omni+neuts r fighting vs clans?
    We'll take the neuts if you don't want em.

What's the intended raid lock timer for the Pyramid ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    What they should do is make it such that everyone can only be hit by one special of that type every X amount of time. As in, you can only be hit by an AS once every 5 seconds, FA every 5 seconds etc etc for all the specials. That would kill off the multiboxers just insta-gibbing anyone with a team of 6 agents and what not, however it would hurt it in normal pvp where it ties into multi-person pvp.

However good show Michi.
    Because no multi boxers are using NT nukes.

---

5113 days would be awesome for the lock. Every 14th anniversary.

Well, I better start looting armor in Pande

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Ah sorry, I forgot to mention that case. It will still be possible to pull the target data if a NPC being assisted. If this change does nothing but benefit cheaters, we do have alternate and additional options available...this is only the first stab.
    Has the tide turned on FC's stance on MB then ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

does this mean we wont be able to use assist macro in mass pvp? so whole raid will tab + q? This will be bad...
    Yeah.....

............. IF YOU SUCK

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    That is exactly the part I took from Michi's posts. Finally they're given the right name. Nothing against people with two hundred accounts (hey, actually, thanks!). But MBing, nah.
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

I am glad multiboxing is getting a nerf on the PVP aspect.. Imo it's fine to do aslong as it doesn't ruin other players their gaming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    This is exactly what I was going to post about...looks like a very firm answer on the MB in pvp matter.

Ah sorry, I forgot to mention that case. It will still be possible to pull the target data if a NPC being assisted. If this change does nothing but benefit cheaters, we do have alternate and additional options available...this is only the first stab.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Finally, with assist gone people might finally learn how to play this game.

They will work around the assists issue in days if not hours. Then what?

Omg, being bored at work, yeah... What do I see.

Blizzthz! Assist remove for pevpev... Sheeeiz...

Second line of defense... Aha people cheating with third party assist software? Yes... Depploy bannhammer.

Yeah.

Very welcome... Also incoming pyramids.. On RK m m m.

Enough of this funboying.

Reads right all this.. Reads as AO dev team, after years now listening to community and seems to be behind community desires.

All good, make it so...
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

In an upcoming update (some time after 18.8.3), changes will be made to how the /assist command and Target's Target functionality work. Specifically, this command and GUI feature will not work if the Target's target is a Player. While this will drastically change how certain PvP venues operate, we feel this change will make PvP feel more engaging and less automated.
    Awesome!
    Don't forget to nerf /follow in 25% zones too. It's still possible to make movement "automated", but its much harder for MBers compared to selecting target.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Finally, with assist gone people might finally learn how to play this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    I don't know, maybe the masters of hypocrisy and internet mind-reading can shed some light on the matter.

Trust in DarkerThenPafpuf to deliver the lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxizor View Post
    Well, I better start looting armor in Pande
    I knew I had the right idea grabbing an entire set for social years ago!

This is why ao pvp is retarded. It's either /assist + q or tab + q.
    selecting your targets manually and based on encounter is for those lesser games that doesnt need 1 person to tell who the sheeps are going to spam aimed shots at.

disabling /assist is one of the biggest steps towards modern pvp where individual choices matter.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

So.. when will this assist change happen? I wanna try it out.
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast