Thread: Shield of the Honourable Warrior

Shield of the Honourable Warrior

Not to point out the obvious or anything...

But these things should raise deflect to maximum - and lets just cut to the chase, we're finally looking at these shields being usable by one profession, and there's even the potential for enforcers to go 1HB or 1HE + shield since they've lost the dual perkline bit.

None of these shields are worth using yet with the possible exception of the defensive one but really, honestly, it's going to lower damage output considerably and it just doesn't do enough to make it a valid tradeoff, the others? Not a chance.

https://aoitems.com/item/263285/shie...rable-warrior/

https://aoitems.com/item/263286/guar...-noble-knight/

https://aoitems.com/item/246023/snake-tamer-guard/

https://aoitems.com/item/246021/snake-tamer-shield/

So, lets hear some ideas.

My feeling is that the split between the defensive shield and the offensive one is good - it offers a difference in stats etc. So lets make them usable.

Considering the 125/126 shields are questable by low levels I think we should have a lower shield that is broadly meant for and usable by TL3 but twinkable by low TL3maybe even high TL2, and the other higher shield should be something that is more TL4/5, and then the snake tamer should take over for twinked TL5-TL7.

So here's some stats that I think are more in line for the QL 125 shield:

100-200(250)
    att 1, rech 1

To equip:
    riposte 375
    deflect 569

check 100% deflect vs 100% EC
    MBS 1300

Modifiers:
    Deflect: 845 <-- this will bring shield up to MBS and provide a "low" deflect rating for a lower more offensive shield
    Max health: 500
    Melee Energy:50

And here's some stats I think are good for the QL 126 defensive shield

100-250(350)
    att 1, rech 1

To equip:
    riposte 600
    deflect 900

check 100% deflect vs 100% EC
    MBS: 2000

Modifiers:
    Deflect: 1280 <-- this will bring shield up to MBS and provide a "medium" deflect rating for a lower more defensive shield
    Max health: 1000
    Evade close: 100
    Dodge range: 100
    Duck Exp: 100
    AAD: 120

Snake Tamer guard should scale accordingly and boost deflect up to 3k
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Jun 15th, 2015 at 00:08:59.

My thought on shield where that they could have been a 3rd weapon line and be dual wielded by either range or melee.. There are a huge range of shields in game and would love to see these more used.
    The idea that these should raise deflect by a huge amount I think is a very nice and proper fitting the roll of a shield. However in addition I think you should not be able to use Full Auto, AS, Sneak or Backstab because Sneaking or Stabilizing for these specials is utterly impossible due to shields size and weight.

I think the shields are designated "melee" and use multi melee so they block out ranged weaps to be equipped with them... however, I'm not 100% certain.

I do agree on the ranged weapons.

imo evades don't really belong on a shield. I lthink it should be made up out of deflect, AC, hp, shieldAC's and a possible proc.

example:
    On User:
    Modify ShieldProjectileAC 500
    Modify ShieldMeleeAC 500
    Modify ShieldEnergyAC 500
    Modify ShieldChemicalAC 500
    Modify ShieldRadiationAC 500
    Modify ShieldColdAC 500
    Modify ShieldFireAC 500
    Modify ShieldPoisonAC 500
    Modify Max Health 1000
    Modify Melee/ma AC 2000
    Modify Energy AC 2000
    Modify Chemical AC 2000
    Modify Radiation AC 2000
    Modify Cold AC 2000
    Modify Disease AC 2000
    Modify Fire AC 2000
    Modify Imp/Proj AC 2000
    Defensive proc (10%): Shield Bash

Shield Bash:
    Target Cast Stunned 1s

I'm not fussed. I want more ideas. Many people have different ideas about what shields do in battle. I mean, if we're really on the quest for truth, we could say that shield bearers should always be teamed, and anytime two+ shielded members are grouped in a team/on the battlefield (i.e. do 1-2m pulse check) then large defensive boost is awarded to all those in "formation"... Think roman legions.

Re: evades, ya I agree Solams - but I was just looking at the current shield incarnations, and clearly there is some methodological stipulation that shields = defence (note MP's?, Also melee energy buckler things). I also agree on the shield damage - it's plausible. If you hit someone (think captain America) with a shield, and they know what they are doing it could cause more damage to you than to him.

I just don't that shields should function as a melee weapon that you swing to do damage hence the shieldAC's. Tho I do think if they ever implement shields that they never should be able to be dual wielded (mp shields - fail).

I like the idea of shields, but I agree with you that the implementation in AO is very bad. Here's a few ideas for you to play around with, they would probably require additional code being added to some behind the scenes workings.

I like the idea of a Defensive and an Offensive type, though I would see all shields should be able to push past the 10/15% deflect cap (not sure what the cap is) given that you would potentially be sacrificing half of your weapon DD.

So a defensive style shield I would see pushing the deflect % up by 60-75 points, this would add to your deflect gained by the deflect skill. It might also increase some AC's but not a lot else. I think this one is pretty self explanatory rp/lore wise, concentrating on blocking/deflecting with the shield means you sacrifice half your weapon damage(by only using a single 1 handed weapon normally) and gain a very high chance to deflect.

Offensive style I would see adding 20-35 on the deflect % similar to the defensive, however would increase your weapon damage (think heal efficiency applied to weapon damage) by 25-50%. rp/lore wise this might equate to only half concentrating on blocking/deflecting, and concentrating more on doing damage with your main weapon.

How this all might affect/be affected by perks or nanos I haven't had chance to think about.

And I totally agree they shouldn't be able to be dual wielded. I like the idea about formations too, that would be cool.

I personally just wear Snake Tamer Guard because it looks cool. Isn't that enough? In all seriousness, it would be nice to see some desirability given to these weapons.
    Raise your hand \o if you want to pay lots of attention to Veebz!