Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop patching live for beta engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Headthumpa View Post
    I guess I just live in a different world, as a sysadmin if my 24/7 servers went down as often or as long as AO's do I wouldn't have a job.
    Indeed, different worlds. MMOs (and other online games, for example PoE and the like) have expected downtimes, usually on a weekly or monthly basis. It's just a fact of life. Very few games have the ability to do live hotfixes and patches for most issues - apparently Heroengine games in theory do, but there really aren't a lot of games using that engine in it's default state, and even those do go down for patches.

Online games aren't 24/7 servers, nor do they have any guarantee of uptime. I'm going to take a wild stab and guess that your MMO experience is limited to AO - trust me, the downtime in AO is significantly less than many other games with larger teams, larger budgets, and larger player bases. They could take down the servers bi-weekly for 6 hours and still have higher uptime than most.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Star Trek Online ... 3-4h allmost every thursday, and sometimes emergency DT's to fix issues in weekly patches. In other words, AO's 1-2h about twice a month or even less freguently is nothing. And anyway , the "beta" client for live works way better than some games(single and multiplayer) that are fresh and just released. I'm so happy i can use the new client on live ^__^ .... All thanks to Michi

Keep patching often! I love it!

Much better than before with patch every 3 months.

Weekly updates? Yes please. Daily updates? Yes please. Gif gif!

Whatever you are doing right now do it, bring it live, New engine over last two patches became noticeably better. It is now as playable as old one for me, hard to pick what one to choose. Keep it up, so new one is remarkably better in every way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

i for sure dont mind downtimes for patches, i will never ever get mad for such. playd this game for almost half of my life.. so anything to improve it makes me happy

Keep it up Michi ur doing a great job. We love patches and new things...finally we got more then "words".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12