Thread: 18.7.4.8 Testlive Changes

18.7.4.8 Testlive Changes

Augmented/Total Mirror Shields will add Healing Reactivity and Root/Snare reistance
    Augmented Mirror Shield nanos can reflect back more damage to the target
    TMS 1 to 10 gain 10% root/snare resist.
    AMS 1 to 5 gain 1% extra resist, totaling out a 15% for AMS 5.
    Reactivity added to AMS, not sure if it's supposed to be added to TMS? 10% Throughout all AMS versions. Combined with TCS, and just the base 10% efficiency on our AMS 5, any perks/stims will heal for 25% more when used on ourselves (% health ones not included) and an extra 15% healing done from the outside.

AMS lines reflect 250 damage, scaling up to 500 on AMS 5.

My thoughts? Seems like a very awesome improvement to AMS. Would be nice to see some heal reactivity to lower shields to help out lowbie soldiers.

Removed Remedy Inhibitor from the Complete Healing nanoline
    This means we can Run both RI and One foot on one opponent. If we can get One foot to land.

Added nano-based AoE "grenade" procs, doing moderate damage with a considerable taunt
    These things.

There are two of them, one for TL 4 Soldiers, and one for TL 6. They use timespace and Mat creat, so no worries on spending extra IP. 500 TS/MC and 1200 TS/MC respectively.

The Lowbie one, Fragmentation Grenades, is a 20% proc that will have a 5m AoE taunt for 1k and does 50-250 Fire damage before Add. damage added in (456 to 520 in the UDH's punching bag). Notum-Charged Grenades is a 25% proc that will have a 5m AoE taunt for 2k and does 300-500 radiation damage before add damage added in (about 706 to 811). My test gear doesn't have that much extra damage, but it's affected by dmg procs, reinforced slugs, energize, SH, etc.

Frag Grenades are 1k vp, Notum is 8k.

My thoughts?

They are pretty awesome in concept. Couple problems I see is the proc chance and the taunt values. A 25% chance will leave you with dry spells if you are AoE tanking, and with said taunt values, you'll end up losing aggro. I can understand if it was added to supplement our taunts, but the value would need to be increased to 3-5k OR have a 100% chance to proc. Perhaps split up the components? Make a 100% proc chance 2k taunt to keep the aggro going and not run into dry spells and a 25% chance proc to do a bit more damage? Either way, these are pretty nifty and now just need to be fine tuned a bit.

Also a bit bigger radius on both nanos would help. Maybe 8-10m?

Still no AR changes, a bit more AR granted to Assault rifles, but still lack in comparison by a large margin to SMGs, especially with these two grenades getting more procs from SMGs.
    Last edited by Spartanx9; Jun 1st, 2015 at 21:51:23.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Looks fun. Range seems a bit low on the AoE effect, especially if it is supposed to make AoE tanking easier.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Where's engy grenade procs?!!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Not a huge deal but if you look at ams 5 it got at one point nerfed from 82% to 81%
    Might want to look into that :-)
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Not a huge deal but if you look at ams 5 it got at one point nerfed from 82% to 81%
    Might want to look into that :-)
    It was changed in 18.7.0. Not sure why it was, but it was.

Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    It was changed in 18.7.0. Not sure why it was, but it was.
    I need to confirm this but it might be because advs can now cast a 1% aura. :P
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

18.7.4.10 Patch

As noted, 18.7.4.10 changes include 10% heal reactivity for all TMS versions.

Also, one thing I didn't tally up. 18.7.4 included 4hr durations to some nanos.

These include:

Improved Precognition
    Improved Soldier Clip Junkie

Would like to see Improved Total Focus, Total Combat Survival, Improved Ranged Energy Mastery, and possibly Riot Control/Offensive Steamroller as 4 hours.

All these changes while I'm on vacation. Even more damage for my SMG/PDKP setup can't wait to test.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

AMS lines reflect 250 damage, scaling up to 500 on AMS 5.
    I am not sure if this is a good change: Sure, attacking soldier in BS at Tl5/6/7 will be suicide (if this change apply to TMS line aswell), but in duel its easier just to /sit and wait for it to end. Atm most professions are tanking me anyway due lack of AR compared to defensive stats you can gain (DoF/Limber for 4 professions, drain from Trader, big evades for MP/Crat). This may lead people even more to avoid our defense and me to rage press useless perks.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

It's a bit of a tough sell trying to complain about a defense that is so good that people won't even try to attack you for 80s.
    The sitting&waiting mechanic is stupid though.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion, but the huge reflect damage on AMS/TMS is retarded.

As far as my experience with soldier goes, soldiers don't need more "do not attack me during AMS" they need more consistency of play.

I would much rather prefer some of the older suggestions such as having higher reflects during AMS DT and lower reflect during uptime than the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I would much rather prefer some of the older suggestions such as having higher reflects during AMS DT and lower reflect during uptime than the opposite.
    Ref my suggestion that AMS and TMS should instead override the reflect value of the soldier so that items and perks etc that adds to reflect does not get added. This will effectively put reflect values at a maximum of 81% for AMS V and 75% for TMS. It would open soldier up for new perk lines that add reflect or new items that do the same. We would also loose those combinations that give soliders 100% reflect for certain damage types.
    General of First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    Ref my suggestion that AMS and TMS should instead override the reflect value of the soldier so that items and perks etc that adds to reflect does not get added. This will effectively put reflect values at a maximum of 81% for AMS V and 75% for TMS. It would open soldier up for new perk lines that add reflect or new items that do the same. We would also loose those combinations that give soliders 100% reflect for certain damage types.
    aye. That's way more sensible.

But tacking on a stupid damage shield amount doesn't help soldiers at all.

I like the idea behind the grenade proc, but it really makes me sad that, like so many other things, it favors dual wielding over single weapons. And then by extension it favors a lot of weapons more than it favors grenade, which seems really silly to me.

Maybe it should have some combination of additional damage, range, taunt and/or proc chance when you're actually using a grenade weapon? Or perhaps grenade skill could cause it to scale and grow more powerful? Alternatively an entirely different skill and flavor could be chosen, for example it could be called "high explosive rounds" and scale on weapon smithing, or a skill that soldiers have use for but don't always raise could be chosen, to give it more value.

A more general thought, I wonder if it's possible for the game to check if someone has a two-handed weapon equipped, checking the off-hand slot for that "empty but in use" flag that shows up as "0x1" in Auno. If so this could be used not only to make this work better with two handed weapons, but also to give two-handed weapons improvements across the board, giving them better proc changes and other changes to help them stand up to dual wielding.

And of course, it would still be great to see something added for grenade engineers, as well as something for other people who want to use grenades, but that's for another thread I think.