Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Graphics Engine NOW available on Testlive!

WOW, can't wait to see this now to fiigure out how to get back on test ...after 10 months being gone
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    WOW, can't wait to see this now to fiigure out how to get back on test ...after 10 months being gone
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...74#post3504074
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

installing Anarchy Online Beta...taking defaults, hope that doesn't mess up live.

also...GIGGITY!!!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Wow... I guess it's time to return.

Thanks for finally making this real!
    Okay, so wolf.

We’ll see what? You don’t mean… you can’t mean… the new graphics engine? That mythical beast of legend, widely discussed but rarely seen and usually dismissed as a fairy tale?

To all those doubters

BOOO YAH xD

As anyone who has talked to me, mostly on IRC, on game , or on stream will know that I've been quite optimistic, and continue to be optimistic. And what, I'm right... at least so far.

And yep, downloading and well hell just streaming it even as I download it xD

All working fine, want this at live as soon as possible

mine won't update

"could not find the requested patch on any of the specified patch servers"

edit ver. ID maybe?

^I swapped to 18.7.4.11_EP1 it started the update, for about 30 seconds...

then got this "an unrecoverable error occurred during patching. ou may have to reinstall Anarchy Online to play."

d'oh!

reinstalling...
    Last edited by RedWatr; Jun 20th, 2015 at 08:06:35.
    T O O N Z:

gg wp.

i like it
    Proud member of Spartans

Here is sweetfx that I use....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh9uoxsnpa...Skuly.zip?dl=0

Screens- http://imgur.com/a/D7yiJ

Guide: Place the files in the game folder.

If you want to change presets you can edit the file "SweetFX_preset".

Whichever preset doesn't have the // in front of the # will be the preset used.

If you play in borderless mode and edit/save the preset file you can see the changes in-game right away.
    Last edited by Enforser; Jun 20th, 2015 at 19:29:08.
    Ninja Turtle Soup.

All working great here, vid to follow in 2560 x 1440 oO (icons are making my eyes squint though... it's probably age)

Last edited by Caloss2; Jun 20th, 2015 at 09:36:38.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

is anyone else noticing that on the new engine everything seems white washed
    also does anyone have a UI that will work on this the default is giving me eye cancer

My feedback:

+ all works smooth on old rig around 45-60 FPS
    + Lights, shadows, grass - this looks amazing (comparing to old AO)
    + EBM on many textures makes feel of real world
    + 400m range visability adds great experience in all areas, and in Shadowlands especially!
    + Blurr effect on distant buildings (ie: shadolands long range view) gives great effect!
    + Difference betwean lighten areas and those in shadow are superb!

And some minuses, unfortunately:
    - unlit textures loss effect of EBM, which creates effect of waving ground when sun/shadow are casted in real time.
    - some textures doesnt support light at all (Jobe harbour, Tir, VW) and none shadow is cast on them, they are "outcasts" in enviroment
    - NPC dont apply long range view: I cans ee hecklers from 400m in Ely, yet guards are poping at 80 or so - this feels odd.
    - Trees are nightmare now - they look like taken from other game, 3 decades ealier when comparing what is on ground...
    - Character models definately need new polygon count, since they look ugly now. Also, I have noticed due low poly count there is big problem with proper lighting on them, becasue in starting window (login) they are lighted perfectly, and light cast is much lower in game.

Overall, this look fantastic! Few minor tweaks and we have it! YES YES YES!!!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

How do you install? I ran the installer twice now. Each time, the directory filled with the install.exe and some bin files. After a while, the installer is gone and the directory is empty except for "current.txt".
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

this is really good news...

Quote Originally Posted by Luuv View Post
    How do you install? I ran the installer twice now. Each time, the directory filled with the install.exe and some bin files. After a while, the installer is gone and the directory is empty except for "current.txt".
    I got this same problem on Win Vista here (the other machine)....
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Vid is up if you want something to watch while downloading (2560 x 1440)

Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

So.. anyone have this running on Wine (Linux/OSX) yet? I tried briefly but no luck, have to keep playing around with it..

So I actually downloaded the whole beta thingy, but where does it get it's .Exe placed?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    So I actually downloaded the whole beta thingy, but where does it get it's .Exe placed?
    Is your download dir emptying itself as well? Kinda sucks.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast