Thread: >> Solo XP --> What could be learn from E&B <<

>> Solo XP --> What could be learn from E&B <<

Earth and Beyond developped an xp system where you can gain :

- Combat XP, well, just by killing stuff around.
    - Trade XP, by selling with profits items to vendors / players or doing tradeskills.
    - Exploration XP, just by discovering check points in zones that you never visited before.

I was very supportive of something along these lines a few months ago, and now know that it's really something fun that let you develop your character XP-wise, while you're having fun, not doing over and over the same repititive thing.

I keep up my suggestions for AO :

- Let Adventurers get some XP the first time they discover some places.
    - Let Engineers get significative XP when creating stuff.
    - Let Fixers get significative XP when hacking stuff or pick-locking doors and chests.
    - Let Crats get XP when saying "Your call is very important to us, please hold on the line" if their team request some urgent mezzing.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Let Doctors get significant EXP when healing
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Heya, intersteing idea

Its kinda like what you said, but multiple xp bars

Think of it, tie map nav to amount of the world explored, not a skill thing. Give a bonus to run speed for those who have explored more. It would make sence that you get more maps as you explore more. It would only make sence that you have a map for something you have run over many times.

Tradeskill Xp, This would solve one major problem with tradeskill people. As it stands, you have to use IP, which are common, and can be used anywhere to funnel into tradeskills. This means my engie who can build things is terrible in combat. If there was specialized XP, then I could build things to my hearts content, with the goal of building better things. It means that I would not have to make a decision about should i be able to build x or stay alive.

The same could be said for healing xp, or most major buff lines.

While this would make the game more complicated, it would make a tonne of role play sence. In real world, making a weapon does not improve your ability to use that weapon, but to make another one like it. Conversely, killing something does not teach you how to build items.

While this change could not be implimented without tonnes of complaints, its a level of complexity I would deeply enjoy. Perhaps if at some point as well.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

And Star Wars: Galaxies has an experience bar for every single skill in the game. Like 200 skills and you raise whatever skill by using that skill and then when that skill is fully learned you can do a mission or take a test or make a new robot and open up a few more specialized skills. When you dance in a cantina in range of people who have been fighting, you help heal their war minds. And then you have helped enough warriors you considered to learn the skill complete and can learn something new that you haven't before. And you can learn whatever you want as long as you have the requirements. They don't tell you you aren't allowed to learn or do something because of a choice you made at startup.

I think AO could learn to not make everyone have to be identical.

Well we have to reckon with some core rules in AO.
    We won't see any separate xp bars.

But significative bonuses that are profession-specific could be really nice.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Wait for AO2.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Well we have to reckon with some core rules in AO.
    We won't see any separate xp bars.

But significative bonuses that are profession-specific could be really nice.
    This would be perfect