Thread: Teleport for Engineers

Teleport for Engineers

You all know that Engineers can warp team members to his location, but I want to see a new addition to this. What about making a tradeskill item that makes it possible for the Engineer to warp himself to the location of the trackeritem he have dropped off somewhere (he's the master of technology?)

He can drop the trackeritem in front of the mission before the teams starts and when they are finnished he can warp himself to the mission entrance or somewhere else (but only to the trackeritem). When he have warped himself he can start to warp the others if they want to.

You will use the current Beacon Warp, but when you are trying to warp yourself you will be warped to the trackeritem instead of your current spot.

To prevent exploits the trackeritem will dissapear when the Engineer dies.

kinds of hitting fixers area of expertise (getting people to a place fast), but a fun idea none the less.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

hmm, fixer have that ability (fixer grid and gridding), and this isn't fast for engineers, the warp takes 1 min...

I see fixer's as the master of the grid. They can take people to the grid faster than anyone and they have their own version of the grid. Engineers have to ability to warp people to themselves. Now having the Engineer warping to another location could be interesting. I like your idea Krabbus, it could potentially add lots of gameplay.

I had a similar idea, allowing the eng to warp to the location of other team members. Say for example you have a very large chasm that only fixers could cross. The engineer could warp himself to the the fixer and then proceed to warp the rest of the team over.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Sorta like a idea i posted about a couple weeks ago. Except mine was just for missions. Make some teleporter tradeskills item. You(and your team if you want) grab a mission. Insert the mission key into the teleporter device and it warps you to the first room in the mission.

From there you can warp in the rest of your teammates

Hopefully it would also be able to be used to warp you to your appartment if you want as well as your org base when they are implemented so you can warp org mates in to defend your tower.

this would still leave fixers as the best in area to area transport through the fixer grid so they would be best for most outdoor stuff but would make the engie the best point to point transporter for missions and stuff.
    Last edited by Intrepid; Oct 22nd, 2002 at 20:48:24.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix