Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: implant sets

implant sets

lets start with some explanation but u can skip this part if u r lazy

so my first char was a MA
    didnt play with implants much with him as i didn't quite know much about them he's now lvl47 and hiding somewhere

my second char is my ENF
    i'm very attached to it now he's going pretty well now wielding ql101 beams at lvl 62

my third char is an MP
    havent had time to play much of it but still a lvl22 in there

its with my MP that i really realized how important implants were as there only chance to solo is to overequip the pets meaning basically 4/5 nano skills so my mp is going fine on implants
    i got medinos at lvl10 and supreme fury at lvl21

--start-reading-from-here-if-u-r-lazy--

however i havent been working on much implants for my ENF
    so i'd like to know what sets do u use

this is what i've been thinking of (but please correct me if u think i'm wrong)

make a good set of str/sta or str/agi to overequip armors
    and some 2hb brawl and dimach to equip beams or hammers (for me anyway)

but after this what to do ?
    probably need bodydev / melee init / brawl for the everyday living
    and maybe some melee ac and i guess i should try and fit in some nano skills in there as they look pretty blue to me

so this is my little thinking for my enforcer

if you have written down the sets of implants u use i'll be happy to get a copy of it
    Path to Enlightenment
    How to Become a Tester.

All the things you've mentioned are candidates for implanting but as you already know there are way more things worth implanting for than slots to implant.

Personally I've implanted for psycho modi, mat cre and bio met, 2hb, brawling and max health.

Str/Sta have been skipped because I've never bother overequipping armour - AC seems to have so little effect that I'd rather have a chunk more essence or mongo HP.

I need to squeeze some evades and some melee init in there somewhere.

There are others I could/should do but I can't be really be arsed fiddling around putting on an omni-med suit, finding a treatment buff, and all the other buffs needed.

I always implant to make my attack rating as high as is possible. This is my bread and butter. For me attack is 100% 1hb. After that, I go for strength, stamina, brawling, multi (since I'm 1h .. skip if you are a 2h) and melee init. Then comes max health, nano stuff, treatment, first aid, and some miscellaneous jazz.

The two things that make me *feel* more effective are those that effect attack rating and those for melee init. Some may disagree but those two things make my enforcer stronger.

I implant

2hb
    brawl
    max body dev

everywhere all three slots.

The rest I choose, but ac is good and nano skills are a must.

I switch out str/stam/agil implants for armor, just put them on long enough to put the armor on.

Max nano pool rocks as we are atrox after all (at least me)

Get your attack up, get the nano's you want, then worry about the rest. They are invaluable tools for me. I can self arm a 200 hammer without challenger due to my 160-170 implants and I have 5600 hp with mongo running thanks to them too. Add a doc buff and I am over 6k hp, and that is always nice on a tank.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Cool An alternate route, for armor

Str/Stam implants are popular, because "everyone" wants to put on 75 elite at 29 or whatever...

But consider Str/Agi armor... +70 str/stam is evil at lower levels, but its not quite so uber later on. Anyway, flowers tech is the best armor in terms of AC distribution, period :P

Agiligy doesn't block any crucial slots (2hb, brawl, max hp, melee evade) and only faded agi blocks a nano, biomet.

"What about Str?" you say..well if you're an atrox you likely have it maxed...and unless you twink a ql30-35 yalm for each new char you probably put in enough ground to use a 30-35 kodiak or more. Well, put in a little more (~200) for a carrier craft. Its a big boost of str, get inside one to put on your armor. Only one very common buff to beg, Feline. No pair of ql10 cushions, IC doc and high enf/agent to get Titan/Garg/etc from.

Also, adding 100 or more to str buffs your 2hb and Brawl If you are 10 points short 2hb/brawl for something, you'll be VERY glad you got one. (~100k in shops, except the last 2-3 days I have not see ANY of ANY QL in ANY shop...nor has anyone I've asked or begged or pestered since tuesday, and I spent a bad evening doing nothing but looking myself)

bah, just switch out your str/stam/agil implants when you need the stat for a new item!

Frees up ALL those slots.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Str/stam/agin should be swapped as has been stated here.

Leave 2hb and brawl in, not just for putting on hammers, I mean -- higher attack = less misses = more crits = dead mob.

I have a full set with nearly every slot filled that these guys (Obitus most notably) helped me build. I love em. If nano nanny wasn't braindead, I'd copy and paste the config here. I'll try to do that tomorrow.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Bgumble can you detail the implants you've done with the Q and Treatment required ? Since we are around the same level and I didn't upgrade anything for a long time I am curious.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Sure (give me a shout and I'll send you my nanny file).

I implanted QL90 implants in: (key is Shining,Bright,Faded)
    Head (PsyMod,-,-)
    Chest (Max Health,Bio Meta,2hb)
    Ear (-,-,PsyMod)
    Eye (-,PsyMod,MattCre)
    Left Arm (Brawl,2hb,-)
    Right Arm (2hb,Brawl,-)
    Leg (-,-,Max Health)
    Right Hand (-,MattCre,-)
    Waist (-,Max Health,Bio Meta)

i got: PsyMod +98 MaxHealth+390 BioMeta +48, 2hb +98, MattCre +48 Brawl +78

Treatment was all 429 (Gen Buff, +80 and Medsuit)

Secondary Skills were Agil 184, Sta 184, Int 184, Str 184)

Max NP was 450.

shame you can't copy from the nanonanny screen

Medsuit is OT only right ?
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

i dont think so
    Path to Enlightenment
    How to Become a Tester.

Oh that's good news - How muh do they add to Treatment ?

Cant remember exactly but its about 80 if you get the whole set - cheap too.

Med suit parts can be found in clan newbie stores in backyards at times.

I personally have a level 2 atrox crat named clanshopper with about 400k creds on him (OT). Got my full suit in about 15 min of shopping.

Pants dont work by the way, so dont bother with them. They are bugged. Apparently some races (dont know which) or classes (dont know whitch) CAN use them, but most people cant.

ROFLOL

My Full set

This is what my full set of QL50s consists of. When making 125s I will most likely NOT implant SI, as I will already have thug and should be able to do SI on my own (use the slot for something more useful). Comp lit will go bye-bye, as will sprinting, most likely, to save $$, as I'll be able to pay in IP by then because of level cap. I will look for more ways to cut $$ corners as well, I'm sure.

Like BGumble, key is (Shining,Bright,Faded)
    * means was added to change skill requirement

Head (Biomet, Dimach, Sense) Intelligence
    Chest (Life, Matter Met, 2hb) Stamina
    Ear (-, Air Nav, Psy Mod) Sense
    Eye (Rifle*, SI, MC) Agility
    LArm (Brawl, 2hb, MM) Strength
    RArm(2hb, brawl, -) Strength
    LWrist(-, runspeed, Nano resist) Agility
    RWrist(runspeed, nanoresist, gunslinging*) Agility
    Leg(dodge-rng, stamina, life) Agility
    LHand(Fast Attack, -, First Aid) Stamina
    RHand(Trap Disarment*, MC, Comp lit) Agility
    Waist(-,life, melee init) Stamina
    Feet(melee init, Dodge rng, duck-exp) Agility
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I am already tired by the sum of work that these implants will require. Not to mention the creds.

Implant are easy now, I have yet to go into a store and not find everything I am looking for.

ROFLOL

A question about implanted stats.

I have with my Enforcer Othar 76 agility with current implants. You can buff agi by Gen +12 and Feline Grace +25. This leads me to a total of 108 Agi. Now with nano nanny i deduce that i can wear ql 52 agi based implants.

Now comes my question. If i try to swap out one implant that is already giving me agility with another that gives me more, will it work? Should you always use your base unmodified stats + buffs when calculating wearable quality??

/me hopes he is making sense...

- Khayne
    Bane 43 NT
    Othar 18 Enf

i see what u mean but i would not be able to give u the answer
    Path to Enlightenment
    How to Become a Tester.

Umm dunno. Doubt it would work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast