Thread: What Is it I dont get with Mongos Golem?

What Is it I dont get with Mongos Golem?

So, I tried to make a Agent to test out Mongos golem in FP today. After some twinking at lvl 20, I got a wrangle and casted FP Enforcer and Mongos Golem (adding 1000 HP).
    I then went to the subway to get some Ilegaly modified arms, when I notised my HP was only 1k + a tiny bit, and I dicovered that the Mongos Golem was no longer in mt NCU!

How come? Is it playshift req. or something? (says playshift requirements visual prof Enforcer.) So, when I shift playfield, my character is loaded with no nanos for a millisecond, then Im a Agent and Mongo Golem breaks?

Is this a bug, or intended.

Walcaround: get the wrange, enter desired playfield then cast wanted HP buff (mongo).
    Xerfi - 205 Fixer, General of Argentum Astrum

Those HP buffs have always cancelled on zoning, you'll need to cast them every time you zone.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Im prety sure I dont need to recast on my Enforcer, only my Agent in FP,
    Xerfi - 205 Fixer, General of Argentum Astrum

On my Enf I've always had to recast after zoning, will be able to check on him after work.
    I doubt it's changed, but perhaps it has but only on the non-FPable ones.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

On enf i don't have to recast on zoning, this changed with 18.7
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    On my Enf I've always had to recast after zoning, will be able to check on him after work.
    I doubt it's changed, but perhaps it has but only on the non-FPable ones.
    It was changed on 18.7 Now my enfo zones and keep the huge hp buff just fine. Probably the same bug Agents had with Adv morphs canceling on zone
    Last edited by lainbr; May 15th, 2015 at 14:59:31. Reason: on*
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

They did indeed change the nanos with 18.7. If you've got an eye for it you can see that there's something funny going on in the database.

Mongo's Golem has a requirement that most likely causes the problem: PlayshiftRequirements Self VisualProfession == Enforcer. That means every time the character zones the game checks if their visual profession (i.e. false profession counts) is enforcer.

Looking at Mongo's Kraken which most 220 enforcers will likely be using, we can see that there's no PlayshiftRequirements entry at all, meaning you're free to zone however you please. Going back one step in the line, Mongo's Behemoth has a PlayshiftRequirement of Level <= -1, which basically means it will ALWAYS wear off when you zone (since your level is never negative).

So I see two likely problems here. First, the nano is wearing off despite your visual profession being Enforcer, this says to me that the game probably puts you in the new zone, makes that check, and then puts all your buffs (including false profession) back on you, so you're an agent at that instant. The order of the check likely needs to be changed, or some workaround figured out.

And then of course there's the general inconsistency in the SL essence line. I was prepared to accept it if it had a playshift requirement only for the FPable nanos, but the level requirement on Mongo's Behemoth makes me think that there's some big oversight and the line in general needs to be reviewed.

If you haven't already I'd send in a bug report about this. Hopefully Michi also sees this thread and takes a look at these nanos before he's done with 18.7.4

I bet all old Huge HP buffs had the 'PlayshiftRequirement of Level <= -1' prior 18.7 and it was changed, but some nanos were overlooked (as expected with such huge changes).

You should definitely post a bug report.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    Mongo's Golem has a requirement that most likely causes the problem: PlayshiftRequirements Self VisualProfession == Enforcer. That means every time the character zones the game checks if their visual profession (i.e. false profession counts) is enforcer.
    Actually no. False profession does not count for playshift requirements. Playshift requirements are matched during playfield change (and possibly when logging in). It does not include effects of other nano programs. Since False Profession is a group of nano programs which change the Visual Profession stat, this check is broken by design.

Further, there are two playshift requirements for this nano. It's the playshift requirements criteria block, and it's the Use criteria block, because the nano as a whole is set to check playshift requirements.

It looks like a designer either didn't know how playshift requirements work, or they lazied it and set VisualProfession instead of Profession as the effect would be the same.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::