Thread: Do you love your Meta more after this patch?

Do you love your Meta more after this patch?

I have to say yes. Actually with the 18.7 patch, the weakness from MP are now some what gone, and the overpowerlessness somewhat balanced. (PVM wise).

Metas in Anarchy Online are a unique , you wont find there mechanics in any other games. (though some WOW/Warclock simularety) Warlocks are boring thought
    and so is wow..

My solo list so far with 223 Pet and Bow/AAD setup:
    - Albtraum solo all bosses. (I could not before)
    - LoTV (easy)
    - Some Dust Brigade Generals (tricky)
    - Chief Aune
    - Nerveta bosses
    Last edited by ByLogic; Apr 30th, 2015 at 18:12:42.

Dont like that it's gone from "Wow he's doing good for a MP" to "Ofc, it's a MP" so fast :S
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    Dont like that it's gone from "Wow he's doing good for a MP" to "Ofc, it's a MP" so fast :S
    LOL. Yeah. That's a problem. And nobody wanna duel me anymore to get my duel score positive :/
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Hi. Long time no post.

I mothballed my MP shortly after dinging 220 and leveled a doc instead, because I became so disenchanted with the lack of value the overall population attributed to what an MP can contribute in team content. At the time it was built -- no, make that played, it didn't used to be hard at the time to come near or at the top of parsers if you equipped something that did damage and nuked once in a while -- to rebut the population's collective belief that MPs were terrible DD because they had the stereotype of the shield MP on /follow stuck in their heads. After the doc leveled I rolled a bazillion other things and rarely logged the MP again, because whatever it was I wanted to do I had some other prof that could do it better. What was the point? I never even finished gearing it.

It's been about a week since 18.7 went live and my MP still hasn't done anything productive combat-wise. But it's in PR and I'm staring at a near-fully blue implant panel in my equipment window. Just need 2 intels to complete the set (there's 2 wrist implants in that setup as well). I also went ahead and used the excuse to avoid farming/buying supple by making CS instead of going with my original plans all those years ago and making CSS.

I won't have any idea what I'm doing for a while because I'm still getting my head around all the changes (a process made longer by my severe altitis) but I look forward seeing how far I can push that toon now.

TLDR: MICHI. Look what you made me do. You made me finish my MP. You magnificent b*st*rd. I LOVE YOU. :E
    :E

First off, respect to ByLogic. I would never have guessed most of those were possible for a bow MP - notably, the Eremite boss in Alb, Keeper in Alb, DB2, and LoTV with bow. Actually, except for LoTV, I'm surprised any MP can solo that list.

To your question: Yes, I love my MP more now. It had gotten very frustrating to have put so much time and effort into a character that could never perform as well as actually good professions, and before the 18.7 changes Michizure made were announced, I'd been leaning towards letting my account lapse. Now? AO is fun again and I even picked up a veteran account. So I'm very, very happy with where MPs are at.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    First off, respect to ByLogic. I would never have guessed most of those were possible for a bow MP - notably, the Eremite boss in Alb, Keeper in Alb, DB2, and LoTV with bow. Actually, except for LoTV, I'm surprised any MP can solo that list.

To your question: Yes, I love my MP more now. It had gotten very frustrating to have put so much time and effort into a character that could never perform as well as actually good professions, and before the 18.7 changes Michizure made were announced, I'd been leaning towards letting my account lapse. Now? AO is fun again and I even picked up a veteran account. So I'm very, very happy with where MPs are at.
    Thanks, I died a few times dealing with the keeper thought. I soloed him before on my doc so i know how tricky he is. MP now has higher NR and that does work well in PVM (not sure if NR mechanics where changed?Good if it did) I manage to kill him after some time, and got my terror ring..

With bow you have more procs, evade procs (fully i have 2200 evades with does procs) also the 2000+ heal proc from helmet helps. All of deF i have around 1500 without shield. I dont even have all my alphas inn yet. Sacrificial Bond + Desecration of Wil really makes a difference. And the trick is to keep the aggro on your pet. (dont use nuke)

Its really nice to hear peoples storry on Metas, MP was the class that made me fall inlove with Ao back does 10 years ago. This game is taking my attention again, that is nice, other games are boring.
    Last edited by ByLogic; May 1st, 2015 at 09:36:13.

Really Eremite boss in Alb? And WITHOUT dual shield? Holy hell that's impressive, that thing is a beast
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Really Eremite boss in Alb? And WITHOUT dual shield? Holy hell that's impressive, that thing is a beast
    The Mutant Shadow Eremite was really not that tricky, you should try it and be amazed (not sure if they nurfed mobs in there, some init was changed i think). just sty out of his AoE stun range while your pet is on him.. Despair was a harder challenge
    because i got fully nano drained.. Viral Larvae + Regain Nano saved me thought. Same thing with Overwhelming Horror, out range his nuke and you be fine. I dont want to steal the "what can you solo thread" so i am sure we will see more soloing stories there.

I would like to add that all of this is not recommended to solo, with a group it is allot faster, i did spend the whole day in there and had outsides buffs, learning the weakness and strength of my "new" MP.
    Last edited by ByLogic; May 1st, 2015 at 10:03:26.

Haven't been in alba in about a year, but i remember the gigant worm hitting really fast and hard.
    I'll have to put alphas on mp and farm some gauntlet later on.

It's always good to tr some really hard stuff on your toons, it usually results in a huge frustration or you learn how play better / utilize your toolset to the max
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

tip for bylogic, MIGL has no taunt value on it so you can nuke
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    Thanks, I died a few times dealing with the keeper thought. I soloed him before on my doc so i know how tricky he is. MP now has higher NR and that does work well in PVM (not sure if NR mechanics where changed?Good if it did) I manage to kill him after some time, and got my terror ring..

With bow you have more procs, evade procs (fully i have 2200 evades with does procs) also the 2000+ heal proc from helmet helps. All of deF i have around 1500 without shield. I dont even have all my alphas inn yet. Sacrificial Bond + Desecration of Wil really makes a difference. And the trick is to keep the aggro on your pet. (dont use nuke)

Its really nice to hear peoples storry on Metas, MP was the class that made me fall inlove with Ao back does 10 years ago. This game is taking my attention again, that is nice, other games are boring.
    I supose you also had ****lots of bombs to deal with Keeper's minions, right? And, I think it is great to hear you soloability as a Bow.

P.s.: I can really see how to solo Aune after I easilly soloed Kaehler Jr., since they have almost the same damage output debuffed and has the same massive HP xD
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Yeah bow is very viable , the whole fight was a kiteing fight, the minos are low level so evadeable. I died a few times due to aoe nukes. I used the bombs after the keeper was dead(finacial intrest)

aune is different storry. There are some weakness in the network mechanics in ao. The instance of your pet is not the istance of you, so aune becomes no instance to you. Face to face its just afk realy. I havnt tryed kaehler yet but i am sure your right
    Last edited by ByLogic; May 2nd, 2015 at 00:15:07.