Thread: progression from 60

progression from 60

So after the email of what's changed I decided to level new mp, I have heckled teamed to 60.
    Now as teaming won't always be available and I don't want to hide behind a mediocre attack pet and health pet I'm wondering what setup would work to continue, the ideas that have been suggested as I levelled were bow, 2x1hb and using the creation items and being more of a caster.
    considering that I will be doing a fair amount of solo work while I lft for certain groups which setup works best. I assume creation items best Def setup, but will it do enough damage as caster, or would the 2hb after schoel be worth a go. Bow looks cheap ip wise. One person said choose weapon based on breed but as solitus there doesn't seem to be a "best"

Also what's considered best end game setup at moment

Up to level 150ish, it's most effective to let your pet do the damage while you focus on not dying - especially if you are going solo. The usual recommendation is parry stick/red shield, but personally I find twinking a decent parry stick on to be a bit of a hassle for a rather small payoff. Personally I like 1hb creation/red shield. With this build, you stay full def, equip for survivability (predator armor is fantastic, even if it's around 110-115 million for a set these days), and can add to your pet's damage with nukes and, in a few levels, nano-feast. Perks are easy: You want soothing spirits, channel rage, and champion of nano combat. 1hb also has perk support now - we've got the full blunt mastery perk line open, and it can be used with creation 1hb weapons.

If you can't afford predator armor, apocalypse leather is great if you can find it. Blackshirt of Zuwadza is good. If you are NM, Shades of Lucubration, De'Valos Sleeves and the Expensive Kevlar Vest of Professor Jones are good, though the latter two aren't cheap. There's nothing wrong with Carbonum armor either. It's decent stuff, as is Newcomer's armor (which has the advantage of being free).

2hb is a bad choice honestly.

Bow isn't awful, but doesn't really shine until endgame with a full crit setup. Bows tend to have slow attack/recharge, and it's dangerous to move from full def, especially if you draw agg off from your attack pet. IMHO, up until about level 200, you just don't do enough damage with bow to balance out how much harder the whole "not dying" bit is compared to shield setups.

Pistol IMHO is under-rated and pretty cool. The big problem there is IP. Pistol requires fling, burst, pistol and multi-range, and none of those skills are cheap to IP for MPs.