Thread: Settings does not recognize my Geforce GTX 850m graphics card

Settings does not recognize my Geforce GTX 850m graphics card

I am trying to play the game on my new laptop. The following options appear on the select display driver.

Primary Display Driver - RGB Emulation
    Primary Dispay Driver - Direct3D Hal
    Primary Dispaly Driver - Direct3D T&L HAL

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 with the same endings as above and they are listed twice.

Regardless of the option I choose, it says combination can not be found, and says something about resorting to default.

I am also using Windows 8.1.

Same problem here, too.I've never had AO recognize any ATi nor Nvidia card. Direct3D T&L HAL would be the one you want.
    Try this also. Youtube video # ULQeBDvRzE8 "ANARCHY ONLINE Are you running it correctly ?" by user Cark Tinker
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ead-this-first

If possible disable the Intel graphics from the bios, if you don't know what the bios is, then leave it well alone and perhaps take to somewhere that may be able to help.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutfrau View Post
    Same problem here, too.I've never had AO recognize any ATi nor Nvidia card. Direct3D T&L HAL would be the one you want.
    Try this also. Youtube video # ULQeBDvRzE8 "ANARCHY ONLINE Are you running it correctly ?" by user Cark Tinker
    Thanks, that's my video and channel, but the name is actually Carl
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Same problem. Except mine is an 840M. I've tried disabling the Integrated Graphics from Device Manager and that doesn't work. When I do it, the Integrated Graphics option is gone leaving on the "Primary Display" one. I think that's using the GPU but it forces me to max settings 1920 x 1080 x 32 and the FPS is terrible. I looked at the BIOS and I don't see an option to disable the Integrated Graphics from there. It's very frustrating.

I am getting the same problem. In the settings option all I get are primary and intel display options and not my Nvidia card specifically (I am on a laptop with windows 8.1). I tried the bios thing and I couldn't find the option to change anything. I disabled the intel graphics card via device manager and ran AO on the primary display but the lag is totally insane. When I re-enabled the intel card it made AO crash. Even in general when I try to log on to AO I crash. I get a "display driver has stopped working" error message via desktop.

Still LF help on this issue.

Is there no option, when you right click the shortcut of AO, to run with a specific GPU?

That's usually the fix on dual GPU laptops.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

I tried that, but it worked once and it was extremely laggy and then when I tried again I crashed.

iv got exactly the same problems iv been going through all the glitch threads to no success.

It appears that whatever you do the chipset forces the graphics through the intel 4600 as its the only one attached to the screen on the laptop.

im just trying a reinstall of client to fresh partitian to see if it helps then i think if that doesnt work ill have to cancel both accounts as in its current state it will be unplayable for me. Shame as was really looking forward to playing again after few years off.

You can either download an older intel driver set, or you can disable the onboard graphics in the bios; however these days laptops are shipped with vanilla bios's that don't let you change much so it would involve flashing the bios to a version with the full factory functionality; this is not recommended if you've never done it before; the bios is set to lock you out of it's built in features.

Have you tried going into the Nvidia Control Panel and having Anarchy.exe run with high performance graphics rather than "default" which is the Intel graphics?

http://i.imgur.com/2hXNGUl.png
    Image of my control panel
    Last edited by Legendfluf; May 26th, 2015 at 14:36:00.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

The issue is most propably in Windows 8. They seem to have compability issues with some old dx9 and 7 games. This is what I found from Microsofts page DirectDraw Emulation Is Broken In Windows 8/8.1

The solution at the moment is to install Windows 7. I have the same issue and nothing has worked to fix it.

I explored the solutions a bit more and I found something that may benefit all of you who are experiencing with this problem. It's a bubblegum solution called WineD3D. It is a wrapper that emulates d3d through openGL (or something). Using this I was able to get ao recognize my GTX970m and run much more smoothly. It's not perfect but it's a lot better. I would say that it could make ao playable on these machines.

Where to get it?
    -http://sourceforge.net/projects/wined3d4win/ < Clicky
    -Hit download button on the top of the page and save the .zip file

Installation
    -Extract ddraw.dll, libwine.dll and wined3d.dll in Anarchy-Online's executable directory(root of ao).
    -Start anarchy.exe and go to settings. Now you should see more options when you change rendering device.

I tried the Wine D3D T&L HAL and it seemed to work ok. Fps is a lot better now.
    Results may vary on different systems. Try it out and post how it works for you.
    Last edited by Piili; May 26th, 2015 at 18:36:52.

Hey very interesting I tried it this morning but it just crashed for me, and seemed to slow down all my other applications. Did you follow the instructions for the dx7 as in needing to use a hex editor or simply copy the above files into the folder?

Hey, I just copied the said .dll files and it started working for me. So far everything seems to be working except application settings for the game which are made in NVidia control panel. It takes a bit longer to start the game but other than that it's all good, Even fullscreen works. Only drawback is when I close ao client.exe keeps running in background and I have to close it manually from taskmanager.

Did your game crash when you tried entering the settings? I haven't selected to run ao in compability mode. The only thing I have is force NVidia GPU for the game .exe files from NVidia control panel. But it might not make any difference.

Well problem solved I had to go and install windows 7 quite drastic but after falling through the floor to my heckler death one too many times its best in the long run!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrers View Post
    Well problem solved I had to go and install windows 7 quite drastic but after falling through the floor to my heckler death one too many times its best in the long run!
    There are a huge number of end users that have uninstalled win8 and replaced it with win7 for reasons that had nothing to do with AO, just that win8 was awful.

Microsoft do seem to follow the bad os/good os pattern, so win10 is looking good so far.

Latest WineD3D just tested by an orgmate under W8 that was stucked with primary-crappy drivers. Issue solved !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE