Thread: APF NoDrops

Thumbs up APF NoDrops

I know the Visible Light Remodulator, Energy Redistribution Unit, Dynamic Gas Redistribution Valves are now yesdrop.
    I was wondering what the reasoning behind keeping the Action Probability Estimator, Notum Amplification Coil and Inertial Adjustment Processing Unit NoDrop was. I feel at this point all of these items should be yesdrop. Buying the lootrights and buying it off the GMS are essentially the same thing anyway.

I could kind of see the justification if it were in order to keep the weapons they make out of the hands of lower-level players, but even that doesn't hold up, the weapons/belt all have level restrictions and several weapons can be made with the already-yesdrop items.

Either I'm missing something or there's really no reason to not just make all of them yesdrop.

As for the belt, if anything I've been seeing more of them being sold since the patch, and the screwdriver to upgrade it will still be nodrop.

I'm guessing the reason is so there will still be someone other than multiboxers going to apf. Yes in principle there is no difference between buying lootrights and buying something off gmi. But in practice gmi is both more convenient and likely cheaper (due to the the increased competition)

I would think the token boards, bounties, hacker ice, AXP, daily missions, items to sell, and fun & friends would be enough to draw people in, but maybe I'm just crazy. I do see an awful lot of people who run the APFs religiously and never even bid/roll on anything, though.

I think there would actually be more people running the APFs if everything were yesdrop. There are essentially three groups. Those who run the raids to sell items, those who run the raids to get the items for themselves, and those who buy the items for themselves or off GMS. Right now the first group is composed largely of those "multiboxers" you seem to be opposed to, farming and selling nodrops like the inertial adjustment device. The people running the raids for themselves will frequently stop when they have everything, and the people buying the items won't run the raids at all until/unless they want the token board or s42 access.

If on the other hand the items were made yesdrop, the first group would inflate rather dramatically. Everybody and their dog would be running the APFs because the already-good profits would get quite a bit better. This competition would cause a lot of the current farmers to go find greener pastures since prices would tank very quickly. The extra numbers will come from the second group, who will hang on and keep running the raids after they have everything, because they can make some decent credits for what is often a rather quick and fun raid. The third group, those who just buy the items, likely won't change much. While more people will buy the items, more of those people will also go on to raid anyway because of the increased profit potential.

In general it'd mean more runs and more evenly distributed credits, at least that's what I believe would happen.