Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixer Emergency Grid Nanoline - Fast Meeps

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Because pvpers have high pitched whiny voices which they employ constantly until they get their own way
    You nailed it and thanks for a new line in my Signature
    Last edited by Dollcet; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 02:57:20.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

So much over reaction, considering how quiet the fixer forums have been lately, not even slightly surprised. 3 minute cool down on expeditious evacuation and 1 minute on vanish into the digital void seem reasonable enough to me. The level lock and needing vp to get them? Not so sold on that.

Neutral fixers are the nerfest.
    Last edited by Notadoc; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 04:15:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Notadoc View Post
    So much over reaction, considering how quiet the fixer forums have been lately, not even slightly surprised. 3 minute cool down on expeditious evacuation and 1 minute on vanish into the digital void seem reasonable enough to me. The level lock and needing vp to get them? Not so sold on that.

Neutral fixers are the nerfest.
    To be honest, it's come up with fixers over and over again. So it's not like anyone is having a new reaction; pretty sure it's mostly the same people as hardly any of the (very) few people I know with fixer mains bother with forums. Seems most people only use fixers for blitzing and transport.

I'd actually be okay with the 1 minute cool down on the solo evac if that was in place for all levels. 15 minutes for the lowbies for emergency evac, or 2 minutes, 50 seconds cast+cooldown, on the regular one doesn't make sense -- particularly as a non-solution to the stated problem of fixers evacing in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Notadoc View Post
    So much over reaction, considering how quiet the fixer forums have been lately, not even slightly surprised. 3 minute cool down on expeditious evacuation and 1 minute on vanish into the digital void seem reasonable enough to me. The level lock and needing vp to get them? Not so sold on that. Neutral fixers are the nerfest.
    I have been very vocal on this issue as my post history shows. Sadly the voice if one pvp fixer professional doesn't mean anything and gets drowned out by carebear pvmer tears

I'd be fine with fixers able to insta meep themself at none or very little cost. Single fixer doesn't overtake your whole field. But it's just wrong when they can meep whole team (of MB) in an instant and come back within 2 minutes or less, depending on how far the fgrid exit is. And it's very hard to deal with, specially if fixer has blockers (and they do 100% of the time if MB).

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    fast traveling for fixers is a class defining trait
    Yeah. its a class defining feature. Its a class defining feature that ruins gameplay for everybody else, that's why it needs to die in fire. Hate to break it down to you, but your class doesn't exist in a vacuum. Changing features so the entirety of population can actually enjoy the game is normal and expected in MMOs. If you have a problem with that, play Minesweeper, I'm sure no one will ever nerf your mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrajayne View Post
    I have to assume this is trolling, because anyone taking the time to deride or denigrate comments on a game forum is practically the definition of a first world problem.
    I have to assume you can't come up with coherent counterargument, so you decide to whine about trolling. Original, never seen that before.

I suppose that would be justified if that hadn't been an integral piece of the profession for 11 years, complete with quests, storylines, etc., to encourage that.
    Just because stupid mechanic is around for 11 years doesn't mean its not a stupid mechanic. But then we've already established that you can't come up with a sensible defense. so I guess you have to resort to "oh but its been around for a long time".

Funcom is slow at making changes, that's how they operate. That doesn't mean that 12-year old nonsensical content automatically becomes untouchable and and never be a subject to change.
    Tinfoil hat makes me bald and it really is a pain
    I feel it every morning when I see the shower drain.
    That being said, it wasn't all in vain,
    At least the aliens aren't probing my brain.

^ found the carebear

Quote Originally Posted by lufa1982 View Post
    Yeah. its a class defining feature. Its a class defining feature that ruins gameplay for everybody else, that's why it needs to die in fire. Hate to break it down to you, but your class doesn't exist in a vacuum. Changing features so the entirety of population can actually enjoy the game is normal and expected in MMOs. If you have a problem with that, play Minesweeper, I'm sure no one will ever nerf your mines.
    Hate to break it do you, fixer is not the only class I play; just because another class and other players are better than you are and it makes you cry, doesn't mean you and your petty opinion represents the entirety of the population, you're the fool who's existing in a vacuum here, boxing in NW is the problem; nerfing meeps won't change that problem; but you're clearly too short-sighted to realise that.
    And you absolutely don't represent me, you're far to cretinous.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 16:43:40.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by lufa1982 View Post

I have to assume you can't come up with coherent counterargument, so you decide to whine about trolling. Original, never seen that before.

Just because stupid mechanic is around for 11 years doesn't mean its not a stupid mechanic. But then we've already established that you can't come up with a sensible defense. so I guess you have to resort to "oh but its been around for a long time".

Funcom is slow at making changes, that's how they operate. That doesn't mean that 12-year old nonsensical content automatically becomes untouchable and and never be a subject to change.
    The only argument I've seen is that it makes tower wars more aggravating than they already are. Which means that they "ruin the game" for a small percentage of the population, not all PVPers and none of the PVMers. Fine; if that's is the problem, and it's truly game-breaking for those PVPers, then make emergency evacs match the same restrictions as the beacons.

My point, which was ignored, is that to take out an integral piece of a profession, when it doesn't fix the underlying problem, is a poor choice. Instead of preventing fixer meeps in tower wars, this simply encourages people to roll additional fixers just for meeps. Or use engis. Or whatever other griefing mechanic people come up with - and they will.

The only argument I've seen is that it makes tower wars more aggravating than they already are. Which means that they "ruin the game" for a small percentage of the population, not all PVPers and none of the PVMers. Fine; if that's is the problem, and it's truly game-breaking for those PVPers, then make emergency evacs match the same restrictions as the beacons.

My point, which was ignored, is that to take out an integral piece of a profession, when it doesn't fix the underlying problem, is a poor choice. Instead of preventing fixer meeps in tower wars, this simply encourages people to roll additional fixers just for meeps. Or use engis. Or whatever other griefing mechanic people come up with - and they will.
    It will not stop griefing at all, which is the design, as we've both said MB griefers will just grief at a different rate or rotate fixers. so PVM carebears with tower fields they don't want to actually defend, or could ever have won without the help of pvp groups and players, but just enjoy the stats from those conductor farms will still be crying.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    ^ found a carebear
    ftfy. one would hardly get your trox bottom moist. it has been a collaborative drowning effort. very much like a witch hunt.

speaking of which: witcher 3 is coming!

Easy enough to fix, just add the "if self not running pvp enabled" you already added to beacons to the teleport template (such as https://aoitems.com/item/301862/), not the nano itself, and remove the cooldown.

What will happen is :

A fixer is in team with several characters attacking towers, the fixer uses meep and is sent to the grid (getting a pvp flag on the way), the rest of the team stay where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerigo View Post
    Easy enough to fix, just add the "if self not running pvp enabled" you already added to beacons to the teleport template (such as https://aoitems.com/item/301862/), not the nano itself, and remove the cooldown.

What will happen is :

A fixer is in team with several characters attacking towers, the fixer uses meep and is sent to the grid (getting a pvp flag on the way), the rest of the team stay where they are.

This actually sounds like a good Solution *Thumbs up from me *
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

From Michi - Test Live Patch notes 18.7.1.0

Fixer:
    •Lowered cooldowns on meeps
    •Energize RK Tunnel added to Pandemonium nano shops
    •Restock Special Ammo added to Fixer Nano shops

-----------------------------------------

Emma

Came back from a break and my 200 fix couldn't grid anyone... Grid Excursion where to get this nano?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirulina View Post
    Came back from a break and my 200 fix couldn't grid anyone... Grid Excursion where to get this nano?
    You need to do the grid quest. Speak to the guy standing next to the Grid terminal in ICC, Brandon Plush iirc.
    The quest is very quick.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    You need to do the grid quest. Speak to the guy standing next to the Grid terminal in ICC, Brandon Plush iirc.
    The quest is very quick.
    The Grid Quest requirement was removed by Michi before 18.7 went Live.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    The Grid Quest requirement was removed by Michi before 18.7 went Live.

Emma
    Maybe it was removed in 18.8, but I do remember after the change happened, being in S42 and not able to meep anyone until I did the quest.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Erm did the quest and it did nothing. Logged out also just to be sure before testing. Reckless Digitization didn't grid my team like it used to do. That's why I asked where to buy/get the nano "Grid Excursion" which should be the team grid.

"Reckless Digitization" always has been self only - you probably want "Instantaneous Encoding" (shop buyable) for fast team meep.
    "Grid Excursion" (rollable in missions) is the normal long cast time team grid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast