Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixer Emergency Grid Nanoline - Fast Meeps

Fixer Emergency Grid Nanoline - Fast Meeps

Fixer Emergency Meeps (self & team) were given a 15 minute & 20 minute cooldown with 18.7.0 in order to make PvP'rs happy & theoretically to reduce tower harassing.

Many fixers use the emergency self meep in order to blitz missions ... well they used to, they can't now. What if the emergency meep lines had a "not Pvp enabled" instead of the cooldown? At least for the self emergency meep. Leave the team one with a cooldown since it would be hard to check Pvp status of the whole team.

Emma

Did you check out the regular grid nanos? The cast time on all of them has been significantly reduced. Grid Phreak in particular only takes 20 seconds. That's really not very much, especially when you consider waiting out the crippled debuff. Sure you have to snare the mobs or step outside, but I've blitzed quite a few missions already and it actually feels faster and easier than when using the emergency meeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    Did you check out the regular grid nanos? The cast time on all of them has been significantly reduced. Grid Phreak in particular only takes 20 seconds. That's really not very much, especially when you consider waiting out the crippled debuff. Sure you have to snare the mobs or step outside, but I've blitzed quite a few missions already and it actually feels faster and easier than when using the emergency meeps.
    I checked Grid Excursion and it says it takes 60 seconds to cast ... with no cooldown.

Grid Phreak does say it takes 20 sec to cast but it has a cooldown of 2 m 30 sec ... although that is much shorter than 15 minutes. The point is why does PvM have to suffer when the issue is with PvP?

Emma

Legitimate point Emma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

The ofab store has new self only Meep (insta-cast) 3k VP for this one, 60 seconds cool down is fine for blitzing etc https://tl.aoitems.com/item/301859/
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Looks fine, but why is it 205+?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I checked Grid Excursion and it says it takes 60 seconds to cast ... with no cooldown.

Grid Phreak does say it takes 20 sec to cast but it has a cooldown of 2 m 30 sec ... although that is much shorter than 15 minutes. The point is why does PvM have to suffer when the issue is with PvP?

Emma
    Because pvpers have high pitched whiny voices which they employ constantly until they get their own way
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Because pvpers have high pitched whiny voices which they employ constantly until they get their own way
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    The point is why does PvM have to suffer when the issue is with PvP?
    pvpers aren't happy with this change either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    I think their complaint is more leveraged against the fact that the emergency nanos were perfectly fine in a PvM context from the start, it's entirely because of PvP (the whiners, which likely constitute a minority) that the cripple effect got implemented in the first place, which negatively impacted PvM for the sake of PvP. And now it feels like it's being "canonized" in a further change and rebalance of the profession, which isn't really an issue in and of itself, there really isn't much if anything being lost, but it brings the existing issue to light, and the issue is still there and annoying everybody.

Personally, what I would like to see happen is the same thing they did with beacons when the PvP whiners got them to overnerf those on test. Get rid of the cripple and get rid of the lockout, and let us use the emergency nanos willy-nilly, unless we're flagged. If we're flagged then give us a lockout. Since attacking towers, engaging other players, and doing pretty much anything PvP related gives you some form of flag (or should if it doesn't already), this neatly solves the problems for both sides, PvPers don't get harassed by constant fixer hit-and-runs, and PvMers are free to blitz missions at their leisure.

Has anyone brought this to Michi's attention or gotten his opinion? Typing it out, it seems like just the sort of thing he'd give the thumbs up to and slate for 18.7.0.1 or .2

or just remove the lockout altogether.

I think their complaint is more leveraged against the fact that the emergency nanos were perfectly fine in a PvM context from the start, it's entirely because of PvP (the whiners, which likely constitute a minority) that the cripple effect got implemented in the first place, which negatively impacted PvM for the sake of PvP. And now it feels like it's being "canonized" in a further change and rebalance of the profession, which isn't really an issue in and of itself, there really isn't much if anything being lost, but it brings the existing issue to light, and the issue is still there and annoying everybody.

Personally, what I would like to see happen is the same thing they did with beacons when the PvP whiners got them to overnerf those on test. Get rid of the cripple and get rid of the lockout, and let us use the emergency nanos willy-nilly, unless we're flagged. If we're flagged then give us a lockout. Since attacking towers, engaging other players, and doing pretty much anything PvP related gives you some form of flag (or should if it doesn't already), this neatly solves the problems for both sides, PvPers don't get harassed by constant fixer hit-and-runs, and PvMers are free to blitz missions at their leisure.

Has anyone brought this to Michi's attention or gotten his opinion? Typing it out, it seems like just the sort of thing he'd give the thumbs up to and slate for 18.7.0.1 or .2
    That exact suggestion has been made over and over again, on BETA and on test live by many players, myself included. Wait and see now it's on LIVE and far more people are affected and aware of it is about all we can do.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

It seems like a perfectly reasonable request to me - I know it's been kicked around a lot, but if the problem is PVP then fix it in PVP. The change is inconvenient and moderately irritating on my 220 fixer, but she has dozens of ways of getting places. It's ridiculously irritating on the 165 fixer, and flat out insane on a level 60.

I'm sure non-fixers will say that it's not a big deal in the scheme of things, but the whole point of being a fixer was to get in, get what you want, get gone. Thankfully, I'm not likely to roll a 4th one and have to do the fgrid quest with a 3 minute (cast + cooldown) meep between each location. Good thing that quest was extended to 30 minutes, because it's back to being tough now -- and not because the fixer isn't fast enough, but because the tool necessary has been nerfed.

I love the whining about inconvenience. What you actually mean,about inconvenience, is that traveling for Fixers is still more convenient than for everybody else? First world problems, I guess.

Meeps should be removed from the game completely, its an awful game design when one profession can travel through entire playfields significantly faster than everybody else. Fixers still have fgrid so that's unique enough as it is.

As for blitzing, use RK beacon when your meep is on cooldown. Complicated, I know.
    Tinfoil hat makes me bald and it really is a pain
    I feel it every morning when I see the shower drain.
    That being said, it wasn't all in vain,
    At least the aliens aren't probing my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Only those who never actually pvp because they were too busy meeping. They will have to actually participate in pvp to pvp. Sounds like a good change to me.
    Tinfoil hat makes me bald and it really is a pain
    I feel it every morning when I see the shower drain.
    That being said, it wasn't all in vain,
    At least the aliens aren't probing my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by lufa1982 View Post
    I love the whining about inconvenience. What you actually mean,about inconvenience, is that traveling for Fixers is still more convenient than for everybody else? First world problems, I guess.

Meeps should be removed from the game completely, its an awful game design when one profession can travel through entire playfields significantly faster than everybody else. Fixers still have fgrid so that's unique enough as it is.

As for blitzing, use RK beacon when your meep is on cooldown. Complicated, I know.
    Yes the pvp NW game design is awful; and lets not do it in this thread but NW Multi-boxing+insta-meep is the root of that problem and why the issue has been so poorly addressed; fast traveling for fixers is a class defining trait, there are exclusive quests to run to enable lots of it.
    Nerfing some of that ability will NOT actually change the grief-ing it is intended to do, it will mean MB's rotating fixers or simply only griefing every 20 mins instead of the usual what 8?

So it IS a poorly received change, that DOESN'T even serve it's purpose, and you cry first world problems? Take a look in the mirror.

Because it looks like this :- "WHAAAA class complaining about a class/game change that serves no practical function? , I must do a redditer impression and post my meta-condescending opinion at least, and I'll throw some flame bait in there while I'm at it as I'm a bit of a narcissist anyway... WHAAA"

Here's 2 creds, so you can buy a better clue.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f8/f8cd...</span></font>
    Last edited by Caloss2; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 18:46:14.

It only makes sense that using instant meeps finally comes at a cost (previous 15s debuff was just laughable), it gives a meaning to using regular grid nanos again. Although I'd like to see numbers tweaked a bit. Cooldown times on lower instant meeps are too long while they are too short on new 205+ meep nanos. Also I don't see any point in having a cooldown on non-instant meep nanos.
    Last edited by Scottik; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 19:04:59.

Quote Originally Posted by lufa1982 View Post

I have to assume this is trolling, because anyone taking the time to deride or denigrate comments on a game forum is practically the definition of a first world problem. But I do appreciate that you complain that one profession travelling too fast is unfair, and then suggest using beacons (which aren't even available to everyone) as the solution. So the complaint you have here is that fixers can do it more than other professions? I suppose that would be justified if that hadn't been an integral piece of the profession for 11 years, complete with quests, storylines, etc., to encourage that.

And yes, it's only an inconvenience for a 220 fixer. But it's a heck of a lot more than that for a sub-200 one.

Before you DO use a meep/Beacon, you will need to complete this simple quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tvQ5wWmnEo

You're welcome.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 21:26:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Nerfing some of that ability will NOT actually change the grief-ing it is intended to do, it will mean MB's rotating fixers or simply only griefing every 20 mins instead of the usual what 8?

So it IS a poorly received change, that DOESN'T even serve it's purpose...
    This is dead on. The current solution fixes nothing, it punishes people playing a single fixer "as intended", and doesn't phase those who are actively kiting up whole groups of fixers and shelling out cash to get them all beacons and whatnot.

The whining about this patch as if it's something new is uncalled for in my opinion, but the underlying issue is fundamentally flawed and needs to be addressed.

this is what happens if you blindly do everything people want you to do.

there is a difference between crying and constructive criticism. this change (and the cast time changes) is due to crying. welcome to "whatever the nonsense, we'll do it if you shout loud enough". granted, its better than the "i'm not listening to anyone" we had before. but in this case its just as wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast