Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: thank you for the good work Michizure <3

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    People complaining about new shop buyable things making AO easy. People complaining about huge prices in new shop buyable things. C'mon, use your brains. It was probably designed to be credit sink! Too expensive for normal people to buy, so they just farm like we have always done. In meanwhile the richy kids just buy then and becomes less richy.
    I think lainbr has a good point. A big complaint about AO was enconomy inflation wasn't it? (If i'm wrong im sorry. Im no expert).

That being said .. FC needed more ways of destroying credits.. I wonder if the cost @ vendor is higher than cost of creating via tradeskills (if there was any significant cost other than time). So maybe its not a bad thing having these items being sold in vendors because it deflates some of the air our of the inflated economy.

Are the items available at the vendor mostly "Entry" level high end gear? If so then this could be a good thing for returning and new players.. removing a barrier of entry that was quite large (for returning/new players, aka a major revenue stream vital for the future of AO).

And btw.. I'm a software engineer.. so I completely understand the pressures Michi. :-) I also understand the "flame storm" that comes from change. I think that people this day and age are terrible at accepting change. I think this is emphasized especially in online communities because people now have a forum (pun intended) to vent there gripes.

Overall, 18.7 is good because it means change.. good/bad doesn't matter.. change means fresh new approaches to existing problems and pain points.

People tend to forget about hindsight bias... the mentality of "everything was so much better before xyz" is inherently unbalanced. Because back before "feature xyz" people had different circumstances in life... they enjoyed the game more because the circumstances in there life allowed them to do so. There perception was different.

Now those same people play AO now and don't feel the same because they have changed.. there lives have changed.. there perception has changed.

The truth is .. change happens .. in AO .. in life .. in everything. Its up to us as individuals to view it positively or negatively.
    ~~~~~~~~~~--~~~~~--~~

Quote Originally Posted by dkomega9 View Post
    /snip
    Well said indeed.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Agreed.

Like it or not, something sweeping and drastic had to be done. The alternative would likely be expecting a shutdown date any month now, then playing on a little longer, living out the game's death sentence. That is definitely not ideal. Not for us, the players, and clearly not Funcom either.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by dkomega9 View Post
    I also understand the "flame storm" that comes from change. I think that people this day and age are terrible at accepting change.
    People probably always were and yes, working with software makes you appreciate this much more than anyone else as you're inherently required to be extremely accepting of change. I can attest to our customers being constantly perplexed by the fact that the webapps we make today are completely different beasts to the ones we made 5 years ago.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    People probably always were and yes, working with software makes you appreciate this much more than anyone else as you're inherently required to be extremely accepting of change. I can attest to our customers being constantly perplexed by the fact that the webapps we make today are completely different beasts to the ones we made 5 years ago.
    Totally different .. even tougher trying to explain that to the first generation web developers. :-P
    ~~~~~~~~~~--~~~~~--~~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123