Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compilation of 18.7 Changes.

Compilation of 18.7 Changes.

So, the question was presented to me about 18.7 and a complete list of changes. I'll list them all out for those that want a quick summary of how NT's will be looking when 18.7 comes to live.

Before I get into our specific changes, here are all the previous patch notes:

18.7.0.17: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-17
    18.7.0.20: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-20
    18.7.0.21: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-21
    18.7.0.22: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-22
    18.7.0.23: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-23
    18.7.0.24: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-24
    18.7.0.27: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-27
    18.7.0.28: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-28

Profession specific changes are as follows:

• Nanos "Greater Nanobot Shelter" and "Nanobot Shielding" have been replaced with a new nanoline that increases the caster's nano damage multiplier by 7% and 10%.
    • Nanos "Nullity Sphere" and "Nullity Sphere MK II" now have a 1 minute line cooldown as opposed to a hostile nano to time cooldown. Durations have been increased to 18 seconds and 20 seconds, respectively. Nullity Sphere has had its recharge reduced by 1 second. Both no longer root the user, but do debuff run speed and concealment.
    • Nano "Izgimmer's Wealth" is now a nano heal, restoring 20,000 of the caster's nano. It has a line cooldown of 90 seconds.
    • Nano "Forget Me!" will no longer de-taunt enemies that are not in combat. It has a line cooldown of 5 seconds.
    • Grid armor nukes have been removed.
    • Only two team warp nano programs remain, one for self with a 5 minute cooldown and one team with 10 minute cooldown. This nano will take you to the city that is controlled by your side. Neutrals get sent to Borealis, Clanners get sent to Tir and Omnis to Rome. The caster's side doesn't affect the destination of his teammates.
    • Nano "Garuk's Improved Viral Assault" has had it's minimum damage increased. It no longer requires a DoT to be running on the target. Requirements to reach upper damage tiers have been lowered. It has a line cooldown of 10 seconds. Nano Resistance check has been lowered to 75% from 100.
    • Cyberdecks can be fired like a normal weapon.
    • AI DoT's have had their cast times reduced by 2-3 seconds. Recharge times have also been slightly reduced. AI Defender rank requirements have been reduced.
    • LE AoE nukes will now cast a 1s debuff that will damage the target on ending.
    • Triple nanos have been replaced by a 3s debuff that will damage the target on ending. Capped cast times have been removed.
    • Double nukes have had their damage reduced
    • Ranged debuffs have had their effectiveness increased, and break chance reduced.
    • Program Overload perk has had its 1% chance to crash NCU removed. It has been changed from 20 to 25% Nano Damage modifier.
    • Nano "Nanobot Guard" has been re-designed. Its values are no longer breed dependent, and fixed at 85% reflect with 150% damage to nano. It will cast a small nano DoT on the user. It will set the user's nanopool to 0 on termination. It will recast Nanobot Shelter / Superior Nanobot Shelter if the user has either, and automatically select the higher level version.
    • Unstable Library LE proc has had its skills increased - 31 AC, 50 HP, 32 Nano Resist.
    • Circular Logic and Source Tap LE procs have had their tick rates increased.
    • Powered Nano Fortress LE proc has been changed from type 1 to type 2.
    • Looping Service LE proc has been changed to a 680 point absorb shield.
    • Harvest Energy LE proc has been changed from type 2 to type 1, and heal amount and tick rate have been increased.
    • Optimized Library LE proc has been changed from type 1 to type 2.
    • Accelerated Reality LE proc has been changed from type 1 to type 2.
    • All Shadowlands nukes have had their cast time capped at 2 seconds, and recharge at 1 second.
    • Some Shadowlands nukes have had their nano cost reduced.
    • Debuff "Offensive Focus" and "Defensive Focus" will last 2 minutes.
    • Nano Heal perk is now a team nano heal. Recharge has been reduced to 30 seconds.
    • Tap Notum Source perk no longer is affected by playfield.
    • Flim Focus perk now provides a specific bonus to Nano Init based on the number of perks invested into Ancient Matrix perkline.
    • All nanos in the Absorb AC nanoline now have 2 second recharge time with a 5 second line cooldown. All absorb nanos now share the same stacking order, and can be overwritten with any level absorb buff.
    • Nano Resistance Debuff nanoline nanos no longer have capped cast time. They have an 8 second line cooldown.
    • Nanos "Teachings of Material Creation" and "MatCrea Mastery" can now be uploaded and used by Nano Technicians.
    • Nano "Izgimmer's Blessing" has been added to the VP shop. It shares the same nanoline as MP buffs (Including Composite buffs). It will buff the user's MC by 180 points.
    • Nano "Optic Plauge" will no longer cast a cooldown on the target. It has a line cooldown of 10 seconds.
    • Blind nanos will no longer blacken the screen of the target.

I probably forgot something in there, but things certainly have shaped up nicely. Everyone should be very excited to see these changes come to live. I know I am!
    Last edited by Vinkera; Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:02:00.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Its obious to us thats tested this on test but the fact that you now can q with the nanodeck for real damage is huge :-)
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I'm really excited to try these things out on Live!

When I read Vinkera's compilation above (thanks by the way, for doing an awesome job as an NT Professional), in the back of my mind, all I'm hearing is "And Michizure saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the end of the month."
    Izgimmy
    [220/30/80 Nano Technician]
    Dellingr
    [220/30/72 Engineer]
    Avalinn
    [220/30/80 Doctor]

Plus many more...
    Tiralinn
    [220/30/78 Bureaucrat]

Thanks for this
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Izgimmy View Post
    I'm really excited to try these things out on Live!

When I read Vinkera's compilation above (thanks by the way, for doing an awesome job as an NT Professional), in the back of my mind, all I'm hearing is "And Michizure saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the end of the month."
    My Pleasure

Depending on how Michi feels about additional changes, hopefully this is just the beginning.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Thanks for the compilation.

My remaining open issues:
    * LE procs: All defensive. Change Looping Services to add %nano dmg instead of -cost and make it an offensive proc. NTs are cost capped @ lvl150 at the latest anyways.

* Itemization: Nanoskills, %nano dmg and +add-dmg are still an issue for NT, especially when it comes to armor. Current itemization is set to support profs using weapons. E.g. CC Armor giving weapon skills, AAO and add-dmg. NTs have very few choices in that regard.

* GIVA. Still gimpish compared to the old DM. A lot better than the initial versions tho. Considering what %nanodmg and add-dmg gear one has to give up to be able to use the highest tiers it could still be better. But since it's dmg probably won't get touched again, how about an additional effect on it? How about -NR, or -AAD, or -AAO, or...?

* Nanobot Guard. Can we please get the DamageToNanoMultiplier lowered from 150? Changing it to 110 would mean a lot, considering most professions could empty our nano pool even with the old Izgimmers Wealth boosting the old Nanobot Guard. Those 20k Nano lost meant 13k of dmg put into nano at the old Guards DamageToNanoMultiplier of 150. If the Mod was changed from 150 to 110, we would regain about half of the old defense boost (i.e. ~7k more dmg eaten by Guard)

* Constant Barrage. Can't say I'm too happy with the lockout, but I suppose that something had to be done. With some of our dd perks getting a lowered defense check, I hope it'll work out.

* Perk Accelerate Decaying Quarks still requires QCF or SQF to run on target as a prerequisite, making it impossible to use in many PvM scenarios. Theoretical Research perk line is still gimp in general.
    * Perk Breach Defenses still impossible to land in PvP without heavy NR debuffing first. Considering this perk should debuff NR.... please revisit the NR check.

Very happy with the def/off focus change. Tho I still think we can remove it alltogether.
    Am also very happy with Optic Plague loosing its lockout. Can we please get the resist removed on (Infused) Ancient Vision Preservation Unit?
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Thanks for the compilation.

My remaining open issues:
    * LE procs: All defensive. Change Looping Services to add %nano dmg instead of -cost and make it an offensive proc. NTs are cost capped @ lvl150 at the latest anyways.

* Itemization: Nanoskills, %nano dmg and +add-dmg are still an issue for NT, especially when it comes to armor. Current itemization is set to support profs using weapons. E.g. CC Armor giving weapon skills, AAO and add-dmg. NTs have very few choices in that regard.

* GIVA. Still gimpish compared to the old DM. A lot better than the initial versions tho. Considering what %nanodmg and add-dmg gear one has to give up to be able to use the highest tiers it could still be better. But since it's dmg probably won't get touched again, how about an additional effect on it? How about -NR, or -AAD, or -AAO, or...?

* Nanobot Guard. Can we please get the DamageToNanoMultiplier lowered from 150? Changing it to 110 would mean a lot, considering most professions could empty our nano pool even with the old Izgimmers Wealth boosting the old Nanobot Guard. Those 20k Nano lost meant 13k of dmg put into nano at the old Guards DamageToNanoMultiplier of 150. If the Mod was changed from 150 to 110, we would regain about half of the old defense boost (i.e. ~7k more dmg eaten by Guard)

* Constant Barrage. Can't say I'm too happy with the lockout, but I suppose that something had to be done. With some of our dd perks getting a lowered defense check, I hope it'll work out.

* Perk Accelerate Decaying Quarks still requires QCF or SQF to run on target as a prerequisite, making it impossible to use in many PvM scenarios. Theoretical Research perk line is still gimp in general.
    * Perk Breach Defenses still impossible to land in PvP without heavy NR debuffing first. Considering this perk should debuff NR.... please revisit the NR check.

Very happy with the def/off focus change. Tho I still think we can remove it alltogether.
    Am also very happy with Optic Plague loosing its lockout. Can we please get the resist removed on (Infused) Ancient Vision Preservation Unit?
    Once 18.7 finally comes to live, I'll be making a thread outlining how I think we should proceed with making further adjustments to NT's.

I think things should be done in a specific sequence, so they aren't done over and over. I agree with pretty much all of your post, however.

If you guys like, I'll post that later about my view for the future so we can start discussion on it. The reason I'm hesitating to do so, is I haven't checked with Michi yet to know what he would be willing to actually change. For now, I've just been trying to back off, and give Michi a chance to put the finishing touches on 18.7 before I start throwing out a giant list of how I'd like to see things change.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

@Vinkera: You've been doing an awesome job as the NT professional. I hope you have a good grasp of that.

I like the way things are going and I was able to get around 300-310k DPM (10min fights) on the high AC dummy on both my crat (peh'wer+lust and alphas) and my pvm dps geared NT (mostly focused on %dmg, wouldn't try soloing things with it as I use evades for that on live..). I'm not a crat player on Live though, should be mentioned
    I do agree with sannz's post too, but I can't be sad about what we have.
    PvP testing pending, since I find it too artificial on Testlive. Proper pvp in BS or Towers with live setups that people use everyday will give us a much better measure of how changes affect us in that area.

I'm pretty sure we actually stand a chance at being called a "DD class" now and be respected for it, especially in the 2600+ MC setups which might now be more worth our time with the changes to DM.

From what I read from Vinkera, his idea on toying about with the two NT "paradigms" (glass cannon vs more stable defenses "mage" type thing) that can be switched around depending on what we're doing (pvp and pvm, solo and in teams/raids) seems to be a fun way of revitalizing this profession.

Love the changes done so far both to NT's and to the game in general that helped us in some way or another and I'm excited about playing this on Live.. and about helping with further changes coming for the future via both testing and blabbing here on the forums.

Good times!
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Apr 17th, 2015 at 20:21:06.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    A hard 10 sec dot would be nice, heck it would even fit into the name Alternative a 10 sec init debuff i guess.
    As usual, scale it for pvm/pvp
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Apr 17th, 2015 at 20:24:00.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Sorry for a stupid question, but does anyone know where the NT City warp nanos are? I can't find them in any shops.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Sorry for a stupid question, but does anyone know where the NT City warp nanos are? I can't find them in any shops.
    They were never shopsold, mission loot/reward only.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Yeah, but that was when they were QL 140+ or 180+, now they're QL 80-90ish.

Are they still rollable?

Oh I thought they just nabbed one of them and modified it.
    The Red Brotherhood

If they did no one has a clue which ones they modified... i lost my meeps and so far don't know where to get new ones :s

Yeah, they nabbed the neutral one and modified it (including a QL change), but clan and omni nanos got removed (poof!).

Luckily I had a team neutral warp nano on an alt, and sure enough, it turned into the team city warp, but I still don't have a self city warp.

Excellent, thank you for the clarification.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Excellent, thank you for the clarification.
    Except the QL's have changed, and QL 125 or lower nanos *should* be in nano shops, but aren't. Anyone try rolling for one yet?

Edit: Ok, I answer my own question. Although these two nanos are below QL 125, they cannot be found in stores, but are still rollable at their new QL (at least the self one), but they don't come up as a reward nearly as often as Engineer's Beacon Warp.

Additionally, it looks like you need to target someone for the nano to work (???). I tried casting the team one after doing the ICC grid quest and I got an error about needing to have selected a target. Now I'm locked out for 9 minutes (in-game time, not real-time) before I can experiment more...
    Last edited by Lliers; Apr 25th, 2015 at 15:47:02.

I have a query. My 165 NT used to have Nanobot Guard as I'd done the Anansi quest line in inferno specifically to acquire it. Where is the nano acquired from now? Please don't say the Greedy Shade because then it will be virtually impossible for me to re-acquire what I had already quested to acquire
    Last edited by Ophiuchus; Apr 28th, 2015 at 19:59:18.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

The original Nanobot Guard was replaced with Superior Notum Overflow Injector.

Nanobot Guard (or Aegis, or whatever its called now) can be acquired from the VP shop in the duel room.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast