Thread: graphics update

graphics update

or should I say what new engine? Been waiting since 2008.
    Last edited by robjl; Apr 6th, 2015 at 13:32:17.
    Refractal ~ Nano Tech
    Sunless ~ Shade

They don't talk about the engine any more.

it's the first rule
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

My best bet is :

- They dont have the qualified person to Finnish the project, and are looking for a candidate.
    - Or the predevelops made a mess out of the engine and now they need to fix all the spagethy keyboard flopping.

Worse case: Funcom see no quality if finishing there products and skipping AO as a whole, to save money..

would be nice to see the night skies in higher definition.

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    My best bet is :

- They dont have the qualified person to Finnish the project, and are looking for a candidate.
    - Or the predevelops made a mess out of the engine and now they need to fix all the spagethy keyboard flopping.

Worse case: Funcom see no quality if finishing there products and skipping AO as a whole, to save money..

I'm going for option #1: they don't have someone that can work on the engine atm owing to developer numbers and distribution of workflow across all 3 non-lego MMOs. From my experience it's nearly ready to go in a basic way. Don't get why they don't just finish up the optimisation for it's current form, release it, and then if there's devtime in the future to go and add in the extra features...

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

The same question was discussed on Reddit today. People obviously want info but so far nothing is being said.

http://www.reddit.com/r/anarchyonlin...he_new_engine/

Since I know how a mmorpg is put together I think I know what is missing.

Every mmorpg have "Rooms" or instance if you like, this are like small separated games, where global rules, 3D models and other things can be different from other zone (by the room/instance code).

Now, they have probably finished all the zonefields in Rubi-Ka. There are still fields that needs to be put together. ShadowLands was a huge expansion, I remember very well how long it took to develop does fields.

So what i am saying is that, even if all the mechanics and architecture codes are in place, they still need to reprogram all the instance codes for every thing in Shadowlands/Xan/APF/DB like Quests, NPC, LootTable, AI, Events , and Bones and mesh conversion to DreamEngie etc. .. I am not sure if Shadowland is accessible in close beta at all? any one?

So, if they lack the qualified person to understand c++, this processes might been put on hold. Since the current stab only seems to be able to work with scripting and the current AO manager tool..

I really hope they get the engine done, because i cant play AO at full screen atm (2560x1440) the client just crashes.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Apr 9th, 2015 at 10:24:11.

Read the reddit post, at least one of the comments knows first hand what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    Since I know how a mmorpg is put together I think I know what is missing.

Every mmorpg have "Rooms" or instance if you like, this are like small separated games, where global rules, 3D models and other things can be different from other zone (by the room/instance code).

Now, they have probably finished all the zonefields in Rubi-Ka. There are still fields that needs to be put together. ShadowLands was a huge expansion, I remember very well how long it took to develop does fields.

So what i am saying is that, even if all the mechanics and architecture codes are in place, they still need to reprogram all the instance codes for every thing in Shadowlands/Xan/APF/DB like Quests, NPC, LootTable, AI, Events , and Bones and mesh conversion to DreamEngie etc. .. I am not sure if Shadowland is accessible in close beta at all? any one?

So, if they lack the qualified person to understand c++, this processes might been put on hold. Since the current stab only seems to be able to work with scripting and the current AO manager tool..

I really hope they get the engine done, because i cant play AO at full screen atm (2560x1440) the client just crashes.
    There are several issues with bones / meshes of old AO engine and new engine that result in crazy things happening with the models in new engine in SL. Old engine supported way more bones than new one, and a lot of stuff needs to be redone as you post.

And yeah, I would love to see the ability to play full window at 2560x1440 :| current AO only supports 2048x1536.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    There are several issues with bones / meshes of old AO engine and new engine that result in crazy things happening with the models in new engine in SL. Old engine supported way more bones than new one, and a lot of stuff needs to be redone as you post.

And yeah, I would love to see the ability to play full window at 2560x1440 :| current AO only supports 2048x1536.
    Looks like your right on that one, what they should do is to convert does extra bones to mesh, that could help strange transformation. Theres plenty of transforms tools. like iClone