Thread: Alien weapons are bugged in the starter area!

Alien weapons are bugged in the starter area!

After the changes to keeper I desided to test out a melee energy Keeper, and stumbled acros this bug:

After equiping two ql 11 Kyr'ozch energy hammers, my toon did 37 damage each hit. I went to the alien ship to get the NCU quest, and noticed I sudenly did 55-56 damage when I came out.

Later I equiped one ql 13 hamer with one of the ql 11s, who now was working fine doing 65 damage each hit, and the new, higher ql one only did 52 damage.

I tryed to recreate the bug by unnequiping the hamers and relogg. When equipping the ql 11s after relogging, they was working fine, and to my suprise, so was the ql 13.

It might seem that newly equiped Kyr'ozch weapons, in the new starter area atleast, dont get the propper bonuses, being it +add damage or aao. after zoning hovever it seems to be good. It also seems that weapons that has never been equiped dont get fixed on Zoning, but weapons that are equiped gets. And weapons that have been equiped gets fixed on relog (might also be fixed on zoning, futher testing needed.)

Edit: did some testing. If you have had a ky weapon equiped, then unequip it, then zone, then equip it again, it is indead fixed.
    Last edited by Gresshoppe; Apr 4th, 2015 at 14:55:27.
    Xerfi - 205 Fixer, General of Argentum Astrum

So did a bit more testing. It seems its not the add damage that is wrong, nether the AAO. I equiped a newly looted kyr'ozch energy hammer ql13 and testet on an alien. With all aao eqipment (+15) and meele energy buffs (30 points) I did 52 damage. I then took off one piece of sundance armour (+2 dmg) and did 50 damage. then I took of all aao eqipment and canceled buffs, and did 50 damage (with the +2 dmg back on). so it was not unafected by attack rating. I zoned and repeated, and when buffing up and reequipping AAO equipment, damage went from 65 points to 68 points.

It seems something is realy wierd here.

I have to make another addition to this tread. After testing alien weapons, I came to wonder if it also affected other looted arms in the starter area. I looted a stabber from a boss, and tested it on the aliens. lvl 12 Cha'Heru. Crit for 52 points, then I zone inn and out of the mothership there. Test it on another lvl 12 Cha'Heru, and it now crits for 62 points, same buffs running.

Next I thought maybe it also affects bougth weapons? And it does. Bought a Dull Blackjhon, tested it on a lvl 10 ChaæHeru, crited for 64 points. Then I rezoned again, and it crited for 71 points!

Made me think, could this be an old bug, just nobody realy noticed becouse we almost alway zone between equipping brand new weapons and fighting annyways?

Preliminary recearch by Duac, who helped me test this bug, seems to indicate this is indeed present outside backyard aswel.

Edit: It might be present on the hole world not just starter area.
    Last edited by Gresshoppe; Apr 4th, 2015 at 16:55:57.

So, this bug afects all weapons on Testlive, so I tought, what about Live servers?

Guess what? Its there too. This might be as old as AO.

I bougt a weapon from a terminal. went to the backyard and equiped it. then I start killing leets. The critical hits were 50 point. Then I rezoned out and inn again, and continued to kill leets, this time the crits was 146 points! this was on live, not test.

This is actually a VERY old bug - when you first create your character your "character sheet" does not properly update itself until you zone or log out. This is why Martial Artists do awful damage with their Brawls for awhile no matter how many points they put into it until they one. This will also sometimes happen upon equipping new weapons and there's no real reason why - I remember making a level 9 Fixer with a 50 Peren and only doing 9 damage each shot in PVP against a target that definitely had more than 30 max health, and the gun was no less than 75% OE.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.