Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Medi-blades?

Dual Medi-blades?

Will this be the go to weapon setup after 18.7??
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

yup, no more deceits for pvm
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Yip.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

With all the changes coming to Shades, which all look pretty amazing, plus the bonus of dual medi-blades .... Shade looks like its going from amazing to just straight up crazy.

In PVM at least. I personally don't care about PVP in AO but thats just me, haha.
    Last edited by Cronosingh; Apr 4th, 2015 at 18:37:52.
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Because the dmg and heal on medi-blade is so OP ? (if that's your argument, I guess shades aren't the ones who are going "straight up crazy"....)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Because the dmg and heal on medi-blade is so OP ? (if that's your argument, I guess shades aren't the ones who are going "straight up crazy"....)
    It's another 100-300 healing every 3 seconds (due to how weapon procs are bugged), on top of the extra healing theyr'e getting from the DD proc... it's a little silly.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Hm, which DD-proc, I did some killing(pvm) on test, didn't notice dd proc healing me... Need to test further I guess
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

The damage line, ala Ceremonial Embrace and lower.
    They now have a leech % attached to the proc hit now.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

The extra healing on top of everything else Shades are getting. Currently on live they can solo most end game encounters. Now with these changes plus deflect and their already powerful defensive abilities coupled with insane damage -- yeah. Medi-blade is also more DPS than Deceit so, ya... thats my argument.
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    The damage line, ala Ceremonial Embrace and lower.
    They now have a leech % attached to the proc hit now.
    Ah, that one, never really use it, guess I will now

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosingh View Post
    The extra healing on top of everything else Shades are getting. Currently on live they can solo most end game encounters. Now with these changes plus deflect and their already powerful defensive abilities coupled with insane damage -- yeah. Medi-blade is also more DPS than Deceit so, ya... thats my argument.
    mediblade has 15 more mindmg, it won't make or break anything... shades are meant to be top dmg, (and they're not on live atm, I can do more dd with my engi in dd setup than I can with shade in dd setup) so this is a good change. Also I believe expansion-professions should have a little more "edge" to them than the rest, that's just me and my opinion though, and of course because my main is a shade
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Ah, that one, never really use it, guess I will now

mediblade has 15 more mindmg, it won't make or break anything... shades are meant to be top dmg, (and they're not on live atm, I can do more dd with my engi in dd setup than I can with shade in dd setup) so this is a good change. Also I believe expansion-professions should have a little more "edge" to them than the rest, that's just me and my opinion though, and of course because my main is a shade
    Hehe my main will soon be Shade so I also agree
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Well well... I was sitting on the fence about which of my characters to take to 220 after I finish my doc and my Shade was #2 on the list. I think with all of the 18.7 stuff my shade will bump to #1

(I don't get the whole 'expac profs should be better at 220 thing' - surely if you're 220 on any prof at all you have already bought SL and are paying a sub! Below 200 is another matter.)

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    (I don't get the whole 'expac profs should be better at 220 thing' - surely if you're 220 on any prof at all you have already bought SL and are paying a sub! Below 200 is another matter.)
    Well, the way I see it, you don't get access to them unless you subscribe, and I am not saying they should be better at everything, far from it, but they should have ONE thing they excel in above all others. In a shades case, this should, again; in my opinion, be damage. (Concerning keepers, I have no idea tbh, because who knows what a keepers role is beside anti-fear in 12m.... :/ (Don't get me wrong though, I love my keeper apart of that))
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I seriously hope Michi will reconsider the current look of the blade on TL.

Should give us the TNMT knives that looks like a trident, that'd be kickass!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

They need to nerf medi if they intend it to be dual wielded... or buff deceit :P
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Well, the way I see it, you don't get access to them unless you subscribe, and I am not saying they should be better at everything, far from it, but they should have ONE thing they excel in above all others. In a shades case, this should, again; in my opinion, be damage. (Concerning keepers, I have no idea tbh, because who knows what a keepers role is beside anti-fear in 12m.... :/ (Don't get me wrong though, I love my keeper apart of that))
    Shade = damage
    Keeper = damage mitigation

If you have any doubt, whatsoever, about the value of keeper in a team, you only need to do two raids back to back of the same content, one with a keeper in team and one with a soldier.

Why soldier? Because soldiers have forever been "REFLECTS" PLX, without any true knowledge of what the value of that damage mitigation mechanism is.

Any idiot can figure out that reflects reduce damage taken, and it's quantified for them in a number they can actually look at: 29% of damage is mitigated. HOW MUCH PLX? 29%. KTHNXBYE.

But when you spend a bit of time to actually quantify the value of watch ward (or better yet quantify and TEST it), it makes teaming any other prof in game engi for raw mitigation power pale in comparison.

The reality is, keeper paired with crat+doc is the best damage mitigation in game, bar none. Crat with all debuffs and doc with enough AR/pistols to hit frequently to induce a reasonable likelihood of init debuff procs, paired with watch ward, can, SIMPLY, mitigate 100% of damage for long periods.

100% mitigation.

The only thing that comes close is an evade tank paired with engineer to max out AR debuffs on target - but imo this is unreliable.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Apr 8th, 2015 at 00:36:18. Reason: Sorry Jihanna

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    If you haven't realized what keeper's are good for yet, you've really got to be cranking the ignorance dial up to full blast.
    I love the humble way you address people on the forums

And I'm not even gonna bother replying further to that here. Read the private message I sent you and take a hint.
    Last edited by Jihnna; Apr 7th, 2015 at 15:27:36.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

This seems like a reasonable place to ask.

Does +DMG affect the healing proc from the Medi-Blade?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

no... the healing proc doesn't do damage to your opponent, it just heals a set amount. I don't even think heal eff modifies it... but I could be wrong on that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast