Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oldschool Players Thread [NOSTALGIA]

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I always wonder what constitutes oldschool nowadays.
    Probably depends on when you started and who you looked up to in-game. Starting in 2005, those few 220 toons that I saw, especially the ones in my org where the ones I thought of as oldschool. One of them is still Prez of our org and was one of the founders of Core (one of the original six that came from the older org Endless Limits). I am not sure when Glad started, but he had been in game some time before me. I also used to see the folks from WY hanging out in the Rome Blue superior shop and it seemed like all of them were high level toons. Somewhere I have a screen capture of their 3rd or 4th b-day party on the roof of Reet's Rretreat. I should post that and see who was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadadvyy View Post
    I'm never on no ones list!
    List of folks who are not on anyone's list.

Deadadvyy
    Liamboru (I even put your name first)!
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Well after 4 (?) years I decided to log back on once again to see all the changes 18.7 bring. I'm a bit dissapointed for now in the engi changes (I was hoping for more focus on TS skills for offence) but other than that it looks AO is still alive and kicking!
    I got a wife now so much less time to play and no real gamepc anymore (work laptop is all) but I plan to log in from time to time and slowly continue to improve the engi and some alts as well as try some of the new content.

I was sad to see I somehow lost all the friends in my chatlist and the demise of DF but I found a new org that welcomed me almost instantly (Evil Empire <3).

See you on the battlefield! (or in Bor to create blood plasma)...
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Alphaforces = Corrupted? If not than that's another legendary player that sadly passed away.

Also there's list of other players that forgot to mention, mostly MA's tho, since that's profession I've always loved the most:

Moonsorrow - pretty skilled MA player and hot girl IRL
    Hameleon - he's considered to be the best MA back in 2006-7 iirc
    Danielka - the only player with Grand Champion title
    Vlainstrike - skilled MA player and author of current MA solo titles
    Intake - British trash-talking kid
    Drimachus - another skilled player and my buddy as well
    Luiza - loved her videos
    Danielka = Toxicmen I believe?

Edit: as cOrnfl3X said in page 2..
    Last edited by Ventor; May 13th, 2015 at 10:05:49.
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)

Wai?!
    Uniiden
    Drsabej00

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    Woo, finally I get mentioned in one of these threads. And yes, clearly RK1 is the superior server, I thought that's why the RK2 people joined us, they'd finally come to their senses. (Yes I know we're on RK5)
    The only guy in ao whose full time job was to spam gsf/HnQ on anyone with ncu space.
    = Clan Storm Meatshield =

Oddgrim - lvl220 AI:30|LE:70-Enforcer |- Teh Bat-trox! : Equipment
    Kilmeister -lvl220 AI:23|LE:70-Soldier |- Cannonfodder! : Equipment
    Art gallery
    Ao wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Oddgrim View Post
    The only guy in ao whose full time job was to spam gsf/HnQ on anyone with ncu space.
    ...And then team you for NCU buffs, if you didn't.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    ...And then team you for NCU buffs, if you didn't.
    He teams me for team GSF because MP's new evade buff has a higher stacking order than GSF!

I take anything with a higher stacking order as a personal insult.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Uniiden View Post
    Wai?!
    Unii, we must teach you a second word this year!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Don't remember when i last touched the game, but once a year or so nostalgia brings one back to check up on the forums to see some familiar names still hanging about. Hi lads!

edit: holy **** my signature is corny.
    ManiaC DivinE DeluxE
    Divine001 - 220/30/70 - Master

Yoshaï Div!
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Omg divine. I spent most of my time in educational school reading and learning your martial artist pvp guide!

-Hurjaroope
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Thanks to Hurj and Div, I went for a whole 2008-2010 rewind there.
    So many good memories though! Such a sick ride playing AO with people who came up about the same time as Divine.
    Including Div himself, well of course, to a certain extent! ah ah. ;p
    Great PvP, countless duels, pvp jams, even tourneys, mass PvP - PvE... gnarly raids with enthusiastic fellas!
    I'll also always treasure my "let's argue & flame e/a on forums" times too. Neccoz if you read me! Hope you're doing well.

I wish Nozan could read me too, thanks to you and Alphaforces for vouching for me so I could enter Genesis and consider TL7 PvP even more seriously (as a 215 AI 22 at the time, in 07). Eight years ago and I'm still grateful!

Too much love I guess! can't be helped, silly game.
    Last edited by Soliartist; Jul 25th, 2015 at 00:35:16.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

I remember the first day the ring quest in Tir was available, and only one player could talk to him at a time, if a second player tried it would interrupt the npc chat. So players formed a huge line to talk to the npc.

I remember
    Punk
    Fixer/Enf/NT/Soldier/Doctor/Agent/Crat/Keeper/Engi

#remembers as the old AO forums are getting replaced
    Vassilis - lvl 220/30 Adventurer (RK2)
    Perasma - lvl 207/xx Enforcer
    Martingale - lvl 150/20 Fixer
    Gouryella - lvl 114/12 Trader
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234