Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veteran / Item Shop Beacons

o_O You guy are serious? This is a great QoL life change to the recall beacons....Jees
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    I also consider adding these negative terms to these items as a breach of contract since I paid cash for fc points to get some on my toons though the shop... I demand a refund if this will be the case.....
    Don't be absurd. You agreed to EULA, and by EULA they can modify anything they want in the game, including making everybody wear tutus and ride pink unicorns.

Besides, aren't you being a little overdramatic? I'm pretty sure everyone will agree, that some form of evac beacon absolutely needs to exist, especially after outdoor cities where removed. Its not about deleting the beacons, its about adjusting them so they don't open possibilities for endless harassment.

Not everybody cares about towers, and I totally get that, but some of us do. Live version of beacons has been poisoning lowbie towers for far, far too long, just as Fixer evacs have been on endgame level. There's a solution out there that will suit everybody.

This game is dead to me anyway after my current subtime is over I'm done with this crap forever. EULAs are trash and easily contested.

Quote Originally Posted by lufa1982 View Post
    I don't know what beacons you've been using, because mine lock either 10 or 5 minutes. Meaning by the time attacker:

1. finds Fgrid
    2. runs to the field, which takes a while on lowbie
    3. takes a tower down for you to see attack message

His beacon is unavoidably already up again.

In other words, you have zero, ZERO chance of responding unless you're literally standing there for 6 hours, scouting your field for possible incoming. And yes, there are people who will make you do that, sad as it is. So unless the idea of healthy gameplay is glueing people to the screen for hours, because previous devs have been lightheartedly handing in-combat evac to everybody, this needs to stop, pronto.

And no, solo score doesn't matter. Killing people does, because if they're towerflagged, 99% of time they'll give up.
    This still fails to address the fact that the only difference between this scenario and actually killing him is your PvP score. If you kill a person, he only has 6 minutes of resurrection sickness to deal with. If there's a fixer anywhere around, he'll grab a runspeed buff, hot and fgrid, hoof it out to the tower field, and be ready to take out a tower before those 6 minutes are up. I can't think of any tower fields that would be more than a 6 minute run from the nearest fgrid exit even for extremely low level characters.

I can see an argument for making the insurance terminal a 6 minute recharge. I can also see the argument for making these grid items have some sort of token skill expenditure, perhaps 81 vehicle air since that's a very traditional one, which would make them harder to use before resurrection sickness is up. But instead of taking these approaches or any other reasonable argument you've decided to go with the whole-ham approach, which makes no sense at all when you look at all the other mechanics in the game.

And here's the real kicker, Keepers are getting a resurrection sickness removal nano, and resurrection sickness removal is otherwise being toyed with. Why are you worried AT ALL about a 5-10 minute meep when people could dual-log a fixer and get back into the action within seconds? Rather than complaining about specific items like this, I believe it would be a much better use of time to try to convince people that mechanics should be added to separate the tower PvP gameplay from some game mechanics. Specifically, give an alternative "pvp flag" nano when you attack a tower or engage in PvP within a tower field, which could then be used to prevent teleport beacons, resurrection sickness removal, and other mechanics that are fantastic for the game elsewhere but make tower PvP more constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerigo View Post
    Some quests give you a pvp flag without you actually being involved in pvp. In such a situation I'd rather be able to meep away, so I'd prefer it to be kept to tower fights alone. Same goes for open pvp zones
    As far as the dailies like graffiti and shop hacking, I think this would actually be a good idea! They included the PvP flags because they wanted that to be the main risk of the mission, simply popping a beacon kind of trivializes the whole thing. Not that there's much of a risk of getting ganked in the first place, but I still don't see much of an issue here, especially since the flag gets cleared as soon as you finish the mission. Then again I could be forgetting a mission that flags you and DOESN'T handle it as well as the dailies do, if I am, ignore this!

And of course open pvp zones are still a big issue, that's specifically why I mentioned above that getting them to add another flag when you smack a tower or a player in a tower field might be a good idea. I've actually been screwed over a number of times as-is when I have characters out of PvP range with one another doing something unrelated to PvP near a tower field that happens to be active. It's really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    This still fails to address the fact that the only difference between this scenario and actually killing him is your PvP score.
    Nah. I already addressed that point all right, you just failed at reading.
    Last edited by lufa1982; Mar 2nd, 2015 at 06:07:33.

Yeah this idea sucks greatly. Why is there so much emphasis on ruining the enjoyment of so many so a few pvpers can still get their kicks. I can understand that pvp system gets broken because of certain mechanics offering a loop hole in the system but change the system not the quality of life items brought in to make everyone happy. If they are used for griefing stop there access in hot tower sites or add a tag that remembers how often they are used in that situation and if that number hits 5 delete the account. Stop allowing antisocial behavior to change the game in detrimental way and stop allowing the demands of a few to change the whole thing for everybody. Some of us are happy with the game the way it is. Its bad enough you are cutting up and rearranging things into o an almost unrecognizable form without destroying perfectly legit things enjoyed by everyone.

Nah. I already addressed that point all right, you just failed at reading.
    You brought it up, but you didn't actually say anything at all relevant to it, which is pretty funny since it undermines you whole argument.

You brought it up, but you didn't actually say anything at all relevant to it, which is pretty funny since it undermines you whole argument.
    Nah mate. I explained precisely why killing people makes huge difference over just making them beacon out. That explanation is up there for everybody to see. Pretending it doesn't exists, only proves you can't come up with a coherent rebuke.

We're done talking, I have better things to do with my time then write more responses you can conveniently ignore.

the pvm is strong in this game these days it seems.

Nah mate. I explained precisely why killing people makes huge difference over just making them beacon out. That explanation is up there for everybody to see. Pretending it doesn't exists, only proves you can't come up with a coherent rebuke.

We're done talking, I have better things to do with my time then write more responses you can conveniently ignore.
    I actually humored you both times and read over the thread again. Literally the only thing you posted which applied to one situation and not the other is

And no, solo score doesn't matter. Killing people does, because if they're towerflagged, 99% of time they'll give up.
    Maybe you meant to post something relevant but accidentally deleted it before submitting the post?

Or are you trying, in an extremely roundabout and indirect manner, to complain about the tower flag system? If so, this kind of implicit argument combined with digging in your heels and becoming incredibly defensive and obstinate makes you incredibly hard to sympathize with, even though I made this very same complaint a few posts ago. That issue would warrant direct complaints on its own, and its own thread, rather than trying to derail existing threads and yet refuse to explain your actual motives or thoughts.

Ditto on emma post. I agree and support her
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I agree with Emma entirely. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    Ditto on emma post. I agree and support her
    Thank you,

Emma

I'll have to say I agree with Emma on this one as well. Litestrider made it fairly obvious the PvP disadvantages aren't really that big.. or even fixed like this.
    If there's a better solution that actually will help tower PvP, let's hear it. But let's also make it not disrupt people who use beacons in PvM situations as it's only fair.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Yeah I didn't explicitly say it on my post but I agree with Emma. Change it back please.

Kirk: Kirk to enterprise,Scotty beam us up!
    Scotty: I can't do it captain you can't be in a fight.

RIP Kirk...

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    I'll have to say I agree with Emma on this one as well. Litestrider made it fairly obvious the PvP disadvantages aren't really that big.. or even fixed like this.
    If there's a better solution that actually will help tower PvP, let's hear it. But let's also make it not disrupt people who use beacons in PvM situations as it's only fair.
    This right here - even aside from the fact that it's a huge QoL of life issue, it's also a completely pointless change. Thus, there's no reason to implement it.

...especially since the flag gets cleared as soon as you finish the mission. Then again I could be forgetting a mission that flags you and DOESN'T handle it as well as the dailies do...
    Thought I'd pop in and say that I did find a quest like this I'd forgotten. The "interception" daily has you kill a roaming guard, which PvP flags you. However the quest completes immediately after killing the guard which leaves you flagged. Still, I'd argue that this is an issue with the mission itself, and they should change it from an insta-complete to a "report to the agency" completion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12