Thread: Veteran Shop - Please Review !

Veteran Shop - Please Review !

Hello,

I'm returning from a long break, seeing all the changes going on is a good thing.
    Im a bit desesperated to see change coming for Veteran Shop.. When I start a new toon, i got 253pt and.. well after buying the beacon/tokens , items i care of, I still got 93pt left.
    And then, there is a problem.. because I wish I could buy other items, like the itemshop you have put in the game years ago. I feel bad that I cant buy stuff like the seasonal items you give with account renewal, and those items by example can be added in the veteran shop for your old customers that missed the deal.
    That's an example but after doing a search on forums, I saw 4 pages of the sames peoples saying "please review the veteran shop", with good ideas , and there is no official statements on it, that's not good..
    As you FC dev's are in a good mood, could you please take a look at that damned veteran shop for once?

Thanks for the reply,

Abdo, a dear customers since dec/01 !
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Couldn't agree more, wtb Horse (actually deer) helm in vet shop :S It's just so damn sexy.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Get rid of the current vetern bp.put in a pbp soicail one with color changing with screw driver. get some more vetern social back capes or armor option and sholder pads. hey vets are bored..we need more dress up options ^_^
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I'm not sure how well this would go over with Funcom, it might be more organization and involvement than they'd be interested in undertaking, or technical issues might get in the way, but a potential option would be to essentially outsource social veteran items to the playerbase. Let us know what their in-game model format is (or have us submit in a format that can be easily converted to it by them later), give us access to the basic player models, give us a polygon limit, and then hold competitions. People would model (or even just texture) social items, the players could choose some finalists, and the devs could choose a winner or winners from them. Then release it in-game with the next patch and charge veteran points to buy it.

This sort of thing has been done several times by other teams. Probably most notable is TF2 which did it with pretty massive success. The AO playerbase might be small, but I bet there'd be at least a decent turnout for this kind of thing. I know I'd give it a shot, and I'm awful at modelling and texturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    Get rid of the current vetern bp.put in a pbp soicail one with color changing with screw driver. get some more vetern social back capes or armor option and sholder pads. hey vets are bored..we need more dress up options ^_^
    /signed

I've been asking for access to the rigging info for AO character models for years, C'mon Mich, let me populate the game with awesome new characters! you know you want me to!
    Last edited by Uaintseenme; Apr 14th, 2015 at 23:14:39.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Are the changes to the way Vet points and the Vet terminal coming in 18.7 then? It'd been proposed that Vet Points become a thing managed account-wide through the item shop. But if that means reducing VPs to one single pool then that means fewer items for each character, and good luck any new characters you roll. Also what about veteran linked accounts that have Sloob and froob accounts attached, neither of which can accrue vet poitns but do, at present, recieve the vet points count from the paid account with the highest total?

Or is that not happening in this patch?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Are the changes to the way Vet points and the Vet terminal coming in 18.7 then? It'd been proposed that Vet Points become a thing managed account-wide through the item shop. But if that means reducing VPs to one single pool then that means fewer items for each character, and good luck any new characters you roll. Also what about veteran linked accounts that have Sloob and froob accounts attached, neither of which can accrue vet poitns but do, at present, recieve the vet points count from the paid account with the highest total?

Or is that not happening in this patch?
    You're thinking of phasefront points bub
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Some quality-of-life items could definitely be added to the vet shop, like the Dust Brigade Parasite Helmet, Overheated Light Tank Armor/Overheated Shoulderpad and Hiisi Warrior/Runner/Charmer Practice Blades etc.

Could the Freelance Inc. Beacon be added to the Veteran Shop? All the other Beacons are in the Veteran Shop .... iirc the original Beacons were in the Veteran Shop first.

Emma

^ Bump for this. Absolutely bump for this. New Engine client + Omnis = crash risk every time you try and go to or from the agency in Rome Blue. THE single biggest and most screamingly frustrating bug in the new engine.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Could the Freelance Inc. Beacon be added to the Veteran Shop? All the other Beacons are in the Veteran Shop .... iirc the original Beacons were in the Veteran Shop first.

Emma
    ^ Bump for this. Absolutely bump for this. New Engine client + Omnis = crash risk every time you try and go to or from the agency in Rome Blue. THE single biggest and most screamingly frustrating bug in the new engine.
    Bump for Michi's list .....

Emma

Where can you currently obtain this item?

I see it on aoitems.com, but I am unable to search for it on auno.org (Blocked site at work).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    Where can you currently obtain this item?

I see it on aoitems.com, but I am unable to search for it on auno.org (Blocked site at work).
    Auno.org is not up-to-date, aoitems.com is ...

The Freelance beacon is an item you can buy with real money from the item store. The other three beacons are in the item store And the veteran shop.

Emma

Which, ironically, has been evident since the early Beta...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup