Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Testserver] Feedback on patch 18.7.0.20(21) changes

From Psikie:

"
    ***I think I see the fundemental difference of opinion on MP's developing here. Honestly I am not opposed to any type of increase to MP's as a whole. I just don't like suggestions to nerf anything (zset) primarily for purpose of increasing pvp builds.

On the one hand there is the school of thought that the MP should be buffed up to crat-eng-Nt attack ratings or something much better than they are.

On the other hand is the school of thought that our Pets should be increased exponentially instead.

I readily admit being of the second school of thought. Since before notum wars i've played MP. Fundementally I have always played with creation weapons, and as an extention I look at pets as "creation weapons" also. So to me MP's have always been about creating the right weapon for the right time and place.

You can see how creation weapons and quest staffs have been increased in usefullness and power. It's only fitting our pets (which is supposed to be our MAIN WEAPON) should be the focus of improvement at this time that we have the current GD making changes in our favor.

Idea 11
    Make our pet be the only pet with range attacks like service towers! Or even use cyborg template that switch from melee to ranged.

This alone could alleviate the snare/root/kite and ignore tactics.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Idea 11
    Make our pet be the only pet with range attacks like service towers! Or even use cyborg template that switch from melee to ranged.
    "
    Once they gave engies a ranged pet. I was not around back then, but the wispers said it was... problematic (something about doing so much damage it killed a GM). May can be possible when New Engine. I may also poke Michi and ask if it is still... problematic.

Indeed a great idea. Not sure if it has been asked for aeons though
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Once they gave engies a ranged pet. I was not around back then, but the wispers said it was... problematic (something about doing so much damage it killed a GM). May can be possible when New Engine. I may also poke Michi and ask if it is still... problematic.

Indeed a great idea. Not sure if it has been asked for aeons though
    I don't recall if the Kamikaze pets were ranged - pretty sure they fixed that just before I started playing the game. But the problem with Ranged pets from what I recall has something to do with working the code so that having Ranged weapons on a pet actually makes "sense"; i.e. they don't default to running in melee range and they don't just stand stock still.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I don't recall if the Kamikaze pets were ranged - pretty sure they fixed that just before I started playing the game. But the problem with Ranged pets from what I recall has something to do with working the code so that having Ranged weapons on a pet actually makes "sense"; i.e. they don't default to running in melee range and they don't just stand stock still.
    If I can ask a dumb question, couldn't they just give pets a melee weapon with like a 30m range? World's longest claw or something?

Like the old sanc 2he wep!
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

25m range on that sword. One of the worst patches when they changed that imo.

About "Idea 8"...

Rather have it proc an AAO debuff then puny DoT.

And what's with added pet snare proc? Duration, amount, break chance, nano or pet's default ability, removable or not?
    Last edited by -Klod-; Mar 5th, 2015 at 15:48:50.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    About "Idea 8"...

Rather have it proc an AAO debuff then puny DoT.

And what's with added pet snare proc? Duration, amount, break chance, nano or pet's default ability, removable or not?
    Pet proc sounds like Frostbite from Dshark, 1k RS i believe.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Pet snare proc is nano from LE booth. Nano Crystal (MP: Induced Apathy) https://tl.aoitems.com/item/301889/

10% chance for -1,8k RS and its up for few seconds only. For example enfo rage removes it, not sure about others.

PS. WTB longer duration than 10min on this nano!

So... Since flying ain't gonna happen in SL, like, ever.

How about squeezing in additional QW update in this patch as well - increased run speed, additional evades (or AAD), while keeping the same "flying" stance, while in SL? Ofc, keeping the same flags "not able to command pets, do damage, etc."

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    So... Since flying ain't gonna happen in SL, like, ever.

How about squeezing in additional QW update in this patch as well - increased run speed, additional evades (or AAD), while keeping the same "flying" stance, while in SL? Ofc, keeping the same flags "not able to command pets, do damage, etc."
    it be so nice to fly in some areas in sl, i always wanted to see shadowlands from the air, specialy some places in ely. its nice but we tend to forget all the nice created places devs once made becose we kite from 80-160 then move to inf.

Oh, yeah... WTF is with NM genome Sword perk having only 1m range now? O.o

It is much better now (probably usable on agents only, to some point - nonoc.init. debuff could use a boost, -150 is laughable), but 1m range? C'mon.

Makes sense, a short sword of 1m
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Mar 23rd, 2015 at 23:00:11.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Yeah, right...

Anyways, Soli again got its genome perks awesomly OPd. -.-
    Stun (5 sec), root, snare (20 sec) immunity? And that HoT they got, become even better?

things is not so good for mps anymore after professional suggest and somehow convinced the director that our sacrifice sheild should have 4 min cooldown.
    the professional found it wrong that our sacrifice had same cooldown as mongo rage.

insted of letting us have that becose there barly excist a trox mp they desided to nerf that and not the mongo rage cooldown timer if any nerf would been given.
    thou i am tierd of mp anyways so whatever
    but for those who didnt know this is exactly what happend if you wonder why we got nerfed with the sacrifie shield.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Apr 1st, 2015 at 23:49:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    things is not so good for mps anymore after professional suggest and somehow convinced the director that our sacrifice sheild should have 4 min cooldown.
    the professional found it wrong that our sacrifice had same cooldown as mongo rage.

insted of letting us have that becose there barly excist a trox mp they desided to nerf that and not the mongo rage cooldown timer if any nerf would been given.
    thou i am tierd of mp anyways so whatever
    but for those who didnt know this is exactly what happend if you wonder why we got nerfed with the sacrifie shield.
    Err... no, that is not what happened at all. I said that the nano cast by the Mongo Rage perk action should terminate SS and should be in the same nano-line as SS, with MR having the higher stacking order. This would have left both Mongo Rage and Sacrificial Shielding with the same lockout, but would not allow Trox MPs to use Mongo Rage and Sacrificial Shielding at the same time to negate the AAD penalty of Mongo Rage.

Instead, Michizure just nerfed SS. I don't like this a bit, did not ask for it, do not believe it to be balanced (we need the 3 minute cool down to defend against MR) and have complained about it. This doesn't even really fix the problem - Trox MPs can still use MR and SS at the same time, that's still crazily overpowered at once every 4 minutes rather than once every 3 minutes. But now all MPs are defenseless against the second MR alpha in a fight.

To be fair to Michizure, he's got a terribly difficult job to do. AO is a complex game, and asking any single person to handle all development is asking too much. I know I couldn't come close to balancing such major changes as 18.7 will bring, and I don't think any one person could, but Michizure is doing a better job on the whole than any one person could or should be expected to do. We also have a couple TL patches to go before any of this hits live, with the next patch being notably sweeping, so it's a bit early to worry too much about this. I personally have confidence (though not inside info or anything) that Michizure will fix it somehow before it hits live. Also, could be worse - at least we're not Traders .
    Last edited by JustinSane4; Apr 2nd, 2015 at 05:01:27.

then i asume you will bring up the conversation with him about giving back the orgignial timer. even before the sacrifice nerf i found it difficult and could wish the cooldown was even a little bit shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    • Meta-Physicist
      • Two new tiers of the Riwhen can be summoned, based on the stats of the Meta Physicist
      • Popshot/Clearshot should land more reliably
      • Spirit of Purity will correctly display a cooldown
      • Creation weapons will find their target more often
      • Mind Quake-style nukes will inflict poison damage
      • Added a +40 Bow/AS buff, "Eye of the Tigress"
      • Xtremtech's ring adds Bow skill
      • Increased evades provided by Improved Anticipation of Retaliation
      • Reduced Sacrificial Shielding's cooldown back to 3 minutes
      • Slightly improved heals provided by Spirit of Blessing
      • Lowered the recharge of MP heal pets' heal
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

We can no longer double-proc +dmg or +evades. Ego Strike changed to Type 2 and Anticipated Evasion changed to Type 1.

So the changes to MP's in general seem okay, though mostly focused on bow. Procs are a definite nerf. That seems to be the goal, though I'm not sure why (except for crats' nuke proc, that definitely needed a nerf)

Initial impressions of 18.7.0.24, based on preliminary Test Live testing. To Michizure:

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Err, I mean, good work on the MP changes.

Postscript: No copy/paste was used in the making of this post.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast