Thread: Why same with me breed mobs have triple more hit points?

Angry Why same with me breed mobs have triple more hit points?

I'm level 110 Opifex fixer and have 2'500 hp, well with maxed Stamina it will be 2'700 hp. Did count few times total damage i deal to yellow (meant to be average same level with me) opifex mobs till they die: 7'500 - 8'000 hp.
    I guess if 'somehow' i got that much hp at my level i will be banned for exploiting and cheating.
    I don't complain on monster mobs, noone knows how much hp Mantezes or ummm... Beetles have in 'real', but same breed... same level... and triple more hps?

Mobs != players.

Cope.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

You do 3 times their damage...

Ohh really? Didn't notice that. You sure man? 3 times their damage? LOL

It could easily be fixed.

Do : Your damage now/3
    Do : Mob HP/3

There you go!

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Mobs are not as intelligent as most players (now...I said most...not all...)

Mobs don't use nifty tools, like first aid kits, and such. Taunts to keep the weaker in HP folks alive, etc..

Mobs don't use thier nanoprograms to thier best advantage (root/calm, run away, heal up, etc.)

When was the last time you saw a Crat mob calm the entire party, sit down, use a treatment kit, then procede to beat down the party one member at a time while everyone else just stood there drooling? Or a Fixer Mob actually do anything other than root you and stay standing next to you while your melee character just shrugged and kept pounding on it. An Enforcer mob Fear your Doc and then wipe the floor with the rest of the group.

Over all, if the mobs we fought were equal to us in HPs, there would be no challenge since the AI is very simple, and players are expected to be using the tools available to them.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

So let's have vastly improved Mob AI.

I for one am sick of human mobs from being identical to each other (there is no variance aside from 1-10% on minimum damage).

Mobs do not know how to use nanos effectively.

Mobs all use the same weapons.

Mobs have no concept of team work.

This is the cause of the tedium of missions post level 120. You enter a room and gang bang a single mob who has no hope of survival. You get 30-60k XP.

Please improve Mob AI, adjust damage and HP/NP appropriately. Give them stat equivalencies so they are susceptible to debuffs. Make mobs more team oriented (especially human mobs).

At least cyborgs have random weapons. Why can't human mobs have the same?

Because at one point back in beta they did, and due to the large amount of crappy weapons in the DB, the mobs were almost no challenge at all.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

They also had "run for help" worked up for mobs as well. You know, mob gets low on health, it runs away. They realised that this was death for any profession that did not have roots/snares. This made the entire concept of solo missions, which was a main attraction of Anarchy Online, an impossibilty for many professions.

So they took it out. That's why nothing runs.

I would love it if they could improve mob AI, and I think they are working a bit of that in. For example, mobs are going to summon pets in the next patch. Eww...

Hopefully they can get mobs using thier other nanos for effect. Perhaps give Crats the ability to Mes whomever is causing massive damage, then realize to ignore a messed player and continue fighitng/messing other players. Perhaps add something in to when a Fixer roots a player, it decides to back off so many meters before contiuing combat. Aggo caused by heals triggers a Enforcer to run a Fear prog on said healer. I dont know...just ideas...

Edit: In any case, that's why I realised that the best mobs to hunt are the little Clan ones that run around 2HO with funny names. They are tough as %$#@ and talk smack, but its a challenging fight.

Last edited by Jypsie; Oct 24th, 2002 at 06:30:27.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

roflol

When was the last time you saw a Crat mob calm the entire party, sit down, use a treatment kit, then procede to beat down the party one member at a time while everyone else just stood there drooling?
    I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read that!

thanx!!!!

I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

BREAKING NEWS !!!!

Funcom, the company behind the popular Anarchy Online (tm) massively-multiplayer role-playing game, is now hiring 5,000 dedicated professionnals, to play with the players. This team, nicknamed the "Smart NPC Task Force" will be playing all non-players characters that populate the game. Mr. Gaute Gautamer from Funcom gave us some inside news about the whole recruitment :

"See, NPCs were not a challenge anymore to our players. Now, each individual NPC in each mission will be played by a Funcom employee. We estimated that an average of 3 to 6 persons is enough to handle most of the Team Missions. We have a little more trouble in populated outside zones, but hey, I think that a large epidemy brought by all the Roller Rats *wink* is about to wipe all the outdoor fauna of Rubi-Ka. Haha !! This project is great, it also adds to the storyline see ?"

During our interview, we insisted on the fact that this whole project was probably economically very... challenging. Mr. Gaute Gautamer was very clear about that aspect :

"OMG you right !!"
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)