Patch Notes: 18.7.0. 20 - 24 [Testlive]

Stuff is tested and on Test live:
    Testlive-Patch-Notes-18-7-0-20
    Testlive-Patch-Notes-18-7-0-21
    Testlive-Patch-Notes-18-7-0-22
    Testlive-Patch-Notes-18-7-0-23
    Testlive-Patch-Notes-18-7-0-24

Nano's
    In general good stuff is done for most professions and it looks like most professions a better balance in maintaining debuffs and easier/ more appropriate buffing them selves. Not sure how every change will effect our tools/ and roll in teams but I guess that will be minimal (as of yet).

Perks
    The rework of the Breed perks. I’ll leave this out of this post (see: Testlive-Patch-Notes-18-7-0-20 - Breed Perks Thread)

Advies:
    So nothing much and nothing much to complain about (yet?)

• CH is usable now because it will heal a lot at an instance, however long cool down (Haven’t tested the cool down yet but I guess still 60sec on the CH line) Not sure if I like this or not. For PvM a very powerfull heal assist, in PvP a one time bonus I guess. I’ll let you vent comment first.

(And no more Ely heck pocket for Yo!! Absolutely no loss there (imho))

• Bestest thing ever… Return from any morph back to normal nano. (This is not to be confused with the idea that people do want the morph buffs but not the morph visual) This nano will just cancel the Morph.

Weapons:
    AS pistol is toned down further (recharge is made slower).
    Personally I didn’t like the route FC is taking for Advies (AS route) was good, and further crippling that route is even worse. I understand the pistol is some sort of demand for PvP however if that pistol is also to be considered your Endgame special, and a toolset is build around that pistol, the toolset it selves is up for discussion.

If FC goes the AS route for Advies there should be proper support for weapons along the (entire) level range/ line. Which also means that the Advy should have equal or better (profession locked) items to complement that toolset (again for the entire level ranges).
    If FC doesn’t want to continue the AS route for Adventurers it’s (imho) no loss eitherway but we’de like to see or keep a third special viable for both PvM and PvP. (Make up a new one?)
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Apr 3rd, 2015 at 10:17:43.

So the stuff from the previous 18.7.* testlive patches is staying then? Want to make a summary of it all for those of us who... like to conserve our energy.

The old adventurer Weird nano crystals Friend of the Wild, Zephyr from the Grove, and Blissful Calm seem to have been deleted from the current 18.7 Test Live database. The Improved nano programs were listed as deleted back in August, but I thought then that the weird nano crystals were still around.

There are new 18.7 Adventurer Crowd control nano crystals with Leet-speak names.

It was my understanding that the old Weird friend of the wild, zephyr, and blissful were going to Upload to the three new Leet-speak named crowd control nano programs. Rather than being thrown out.

If you look up the Leet-speak named crowd control nano programs on Demoder's db they have patch history way going back ... but they do not say that they upload from the missing adv weird nano crystals.

Could someone clear this up?

Emma

What are the attack and recharge time on the un-morph nano? Any cooldown on it?

Edit: Ah, I hadn't checked tl.aoitems in a few days, which is now up to date: https://tl.aoitems.com/item/301835/
    Last edited by Scum; Feb 17th, 2015 at 23:21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    The old adventurer Weird nano crystals Friend of the Wild, Zephyr from the Grove, and Blissful Calm seem to have been deleted from the current 18.7 Test Live database. The Improved nano programs were listed as deleted back in August, but I thought then that the weird nano crystals were still around.

There are new 18.7 Adventurer Crowd control nano crystals with Leet-speak names.

It was my understanding that the old Weird friend of the wild, zephyr, and blissful were going to Upload to the three new Leet-speak named crowd control nano programs. Rather than being thrown out.

If you look up the Leet-speak named crowd control nano programs on Demoder's db they have patch history way going back ... but they do not say that they upload from the missing adv weird nano crystals.

Could someone clear this up?

Emma
    Are Friend of the Wild & Zephyr gone altogether? Both the RK version and the Weird nano's?

Are the Weird Tranquility, etc. now the re-named Tranquility? And the RK Tranquility now the Leet-speak named Crowd control nano's?

I know something my Adv previously uploaded has turned into the Leet-speak crowd control nano's. Unfortunately she had both RK and Weird versions uploaded of the surviving nano's and the deleted ones.

Please clarify,

Emma

Are Friend of the Wild & Zephyr gone altogether? Both the RK version and the Weird nano's? Are the Weird Tranquility, etc. now the re-named Tranquility? And the RK Tranquility now the Leet-speak named Crowd control nano's? I know something my Adv previously uploaded has turned into the Leet-speak crowd control nano's. Unfortunately she had both RK and Weird versions uploaded of the surviving nano's and the deleted ones. Please clarify, Emma
    This is correct, the weird nano's will now upload, the currently on live known, weird nano's but with the old RK name... And the old RK nano's will become proper calms, however only be able to be casted in Leet.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    What are the attack and recharge time on the un-morph nano? Any cooldown on it? Edit: Ah, I hadn't checked tl.aoitems in a few days, which is now up to date: https://tl.aoitems.com/item/301835/
    Not sure why, but it's been suggested before, I think, that this unmorph nano part could also be build-in within each morph so that switching from Wolf to Cat would just be pressing the "Cat" morph. Now we still have to press the unmorph nano first. (Still a huge improvement from miss clicking your NCU all the time). This would also make it possible to "refresh" a morph without unmorphing first. The only morph lasting stain "Poisonous bite" should be recasted but that isn't a problem because we already have to in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    So the stuff from the previous 18.7.* testlive patches is staying then? Want to make a summary of it all for those of us who... like to conserve our energy.
    Putting me to work :P I'll write something up when I have more time. But if you like a start just check: https://tl.aoitems.com/nano/prof/adventurer/ and you soon figure out what's missing and what we have gained.

Hm. If we're going to have to be fast-switching between morphs to get everything done then it'd better actually be FAST. If I'm fighting mobs and then new ones join the fray, I will have to drop from Wolf to Leet in order to calm the new mobs, then go back to Wolf to continue killing the mobs still beating on me. Frankly, if I'm expected to have to do that then I expect to be able to do it with an instant New morph overwriting old morph cast (assuming some nano init ofc), and 1sec recharge.

Otherwise, if we're going to remain with the long cast times on the morph nanos, and having to manually unmorph beforehand then removing the ability to multitask within morphs will just kill our usefulness and flexibility completely unecessarily. I make heavy use of being able to calm (in the finicky shade-dance manner) new adds whilst fighting my existing targets in wolf when I solo.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Not sure why, but it's been suggested before, I think, that this unmorph nano part could also be build-in within each morph so that switching from Wolf to Cat would just be pressing the "Cat" morph. Now we still have to press the unmorph nano first. (Still a huge improvement from miss clicking your NCU all the time). This would also make it possible to "refresh" a morph without unmorphing first. The only morph lasting stain "Poisonous bite" should be recasted but that isn't a problem because we already have to in any case.
    I take full personal credit for the fluid morph-to-morph swapping by simply casting a new morph meme. If "Return to Form" is the closest we can get to that (for now?), then so be it, I guess.

I should probably post here instead of continuing to derail the Update thread

Anyway, the changes being done regarding morph limitations seem to me to be fundamentally altering how I always saw advies, and one of the reasons I enjoy mine. I always saw Advies (and played mine) as the ultimate flexible reactive profression, able to adapt to any changes in situation pretty much instantly. They're not the singular best at any one thing, but they're damn good at several things and can switch focus between those things quickly as the group needs - in line with their supporting role theme. Doc went splat? Adv can have a go at healing with a couple of item swaps and tree. Crat went afk? Adv can fill in for calms and xp for a bit. Tank d/c'd? Backstab agg-steal and dance about until they return.

What I'm seeing here is the removal of that ability to switch on the fly to adapt to the situation by slapping big fat lockouts and cooldowns on things, as well as nerfing the calms. Yes it'll be easier to land them on agged mobs, that's the ONLY benefit I can see, the rest of the calm changes are nerfs. Wolf and cat losing instaheal makes little sense to me. Are we supposed to be using Pit Lizard to solo now? It's a tanky morph but poorly suited for soloing. Wolf is much better for that, but now it's being made less good for it and for what purpose?

Maybe I fundamentally misunderstood whart the vision was meant to be for Advies in the first place and I saw them as more fluid than they were supposed to be. I'd draw an analogy to TSW deck switching mechanics and waiting out skill changes because of cooldowns, and how moving in that direction feels like a step backwards for Advies but I'm not sure enough people would know what I'm talking about.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post

I always saw Advies (and played mine) as the ultimate flexible reactive profression, able to adapt to any changes in situation pretty much instantly. They're not the singular best at any one thing, but they're damn good at several things and can switch focus between those things quickly as the group needs - in line with their supporting role theme. Doc went splat? Adv can have a go at healing with a couple of item swaps and tree. Crat went afk? Adv can fill in for calms and xp for a bit. Tank d/c'd? Backstab agg-steal and dance about until they return.

What I'm seeing here is the removal of that ability to switch on the fly to adapt to the situation by slapping big fat lockouts and cooldowns on things, as well as nerfing the calms. Yes it'll be easier to land them on agged mobs, that's the ONLY benefit I can see, the rest of the calm changes are nerfs. Wolf and cat losing instaheal makes little sense to me. Are we supposed to be using Pit Lizard to solo now? It's a tanky morph but poorly suited for soloing. Wolf is much better for that, but now it's being made less good for it and for what purpose?
    I'm not sure it's going to be that bad. It's easier to switch morphs now (1/1 attack/recharge on the nanos rather than 25/5, and you've got the switch back to no morph nano). It's a lot easier to replace a disconnected tank with Pit Lizard's taunts and aggressiveness buff. You've got better healing thanks to a true complete heal, instacast and 1 second recharge, on a one minute line cooldown. Pit Lizard should be quite good for soloing. 12k ACs is going to make a difference against most everything that's a challenge to solo, and you'll have about 17k more healing/minute (thanks to the CH) over what you've got in wolf currently. And you can quickly switch to wolf if needed and pop the 18 second +500 AAD buff for extra survivability. Picking up the Ferocity of Nature attack perk should make up for the damage lost from current wolf add all damage, too.

Any words about a new heal pre 201?

Quote Originally Posted by StuckedInHell View Post
    Nop there is no real news on the healing front. But the Tree is made a bit more useful now (not sure if froobs would be able to as well). The aura the Tree morph is able to cast adds Heal reactivity (and more stuff that is usable in combat) which makes the person effected, more susceptible to the heal. Ergo, it will heal for better on that person. But many other things are being pushed to test now and might I say WOW...
    Update of the patch list
    or
    Testlive-Patch-Notes-18-7-0-24

I'll certainly test this weekend on a few toons to see how they workout. One minor problem is that I currently have no low and midrange Advy on test (might creat one and will test on froob as well). So if people want to post there findings in the Advy section I'll happily compact them in one post. (all data is welcome)

@Scum, Love you (but mainly the idea) forever. Now we have Morph 2 Morph transition

And the team Aura is back !!!
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Apr 3rd, 2015 at 10:35:37. Reason: Text and more...

Quote Originally Posted by StuckedInHell View Post
    Or, giving us back our self-heal while in Wolf form? What is the logic behind the change so we can only self-heal if in lizard form?

Emma

What is the logic behind the change so we can only self-heal if in lizard form?

Emma
    I would assume because they finally decided the form with the highest runspeed, evades, and damage shouldn't also have the best self healing. Or something.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Well .24 wasn't quite what I was hoping for... I'd kinda hoped the aura would depend on the form of the morphed team mate. But it looks like team/other morphs are still going away..?

The problem with having the aura based on the adv is if the adv is tanking in lizard, it gives tanky benefits to everyone which is something of a waste. If the only one tanking is the adv why would everyone else want tank buffs instead of dd buffs? It looks like it's nice if the adv is in cat or wolf, but the others seem to be a waste. It really should be dependent on the form of the person the aura lands on!

Also Rocker, tree has best self healing technically Wolf doesn't need the best self heal - lizard can keep the best one. But not having any self heal..?

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Also Rocker, tree has best self healing technically
    Actually Lizard/Dog/Cat all come in ahead of tree, 9% healeff can't beat instant heal every 25s!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Louderer, this thread is discussing the changes to advs that are currently on test.

I should have put 'will have', doh.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union