Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hilfy

22 75.86%
  • Towerblock

7 24.14%

Thread: Clan Representative Voting Thread

Clan Representative Voting Thread

There are two candidates for the Clan representative. I shall be posting their thoughts on why they would make a good fit for the position in the next two posts in the thread. I will leave the voting poll open for two weeks.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

HILFY'S STATEMENT

----------------
    Statement:
    ----------------

I’ve played AO on-and-off since 2004, on both Clan and Omni sides of the story, with my current main on clan side. Currently involved in both player run and ARK Events storylines on my main, as well as maintaining some niche RP characters.

Outside of AO, I’ve been part of RP communities in other games and had the chance to experience the different role-play styles each community develops. That experience is useful in helping maintain open lines of communication and learning the different expectations of RPers as you collaborate with them.

For anyone that needs to get in touch with me, I can easily be found in-game or on IRC in the AO-Events channel. I also live in a handy time zone that makes me accessible to most European and North American players. (Give or take some extra coffee.) This means I can easily act as liaison, getting feedback and passing on information from both EU and NA players.

I’m not that good at developing new story lines myself, but I’m more than happy help others and assist with some of the legwork needed in putting their ideas into play. For that I’d also like to help place more prominence on the open player run stories so people are aware of them and of any part they can play in those stories.

It would also be nice to help organize some smaller happenings as stand-alone stories or tie-ins to other events. That could allow people to step in and RP without feeling like they need to be familiar with or committed to months of backstory. Which I hope would open RP up to people who are new, coming back to AO or just looking to step out of their usual RP environment.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

TOWERBLOCK'S STATEMENT:

I think I'd be good at it because 1: With the short exception of the beginning of my time in AO, I've been pretty much repping the Clan side of things since my choice to swap over. Also, 2: I have been organizing stuff all the time during my stay in game. I often have to address people all the time, get them to understanding certain guidelines and such, and helping people understand and develop themselves in addition to group style activities. Lastly, its always been in my nature to offer help and things even without any sort of expectation of it ever being returned in a direct way. I got quite a bit of pride from seeing the many people I come across in game, go from zero to hero over whatever time it took said player to get their big start. I like that feeling. The community (despite its pitfalls ) has been predominately a source of positive motivation for me, then negative. Its nice to be able to say you or I could be a part of the reason why that statement is true.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

I just wanted to say, that you lot couldn't have picked a better running mate. Hilfy is a great person, a fantastic roleplayer, and an asset the community in general. For those of you unfamiliar with her work, she is the creator and administrator of Sephora's Closet I and II, which are third party websites which showcase the social clothing and fashions of both Anarchy Online, and The Secret World. =)
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Congrats Hilfy! I know you will do very well!

Congradulations
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Congrats Hilfy! Looking forward to seeing what you can do
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Congratulations Hilfy!
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

Congrats Hilfy!
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Thank you!

Hope I can live up to everyone's expectations, and add something interesting to the RP community we have going.
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

Congrats Hilfy!!!!!
    DI "Keslie" Farndale [Investigator-Department of Investigations]
    Dr. "Vikriana" Heinrich [Forensics/Psychiatrics-Department of Investigations]
    "Marsira" Phoenix [Pilot of The Phoenix Fortune]
    Sir Reginald "Hamner" [The Old English Trading Company]

Hurray! *throws confetti and onion rings in celebration*

Thank you, everyone who voted! I honestly did not even think I would get that many votes, but it just shows the power of our community voices.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Congratulations Hilfy. I am sure much merriment and mayhem will ensue.
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

Congo rats, Hilfster!
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Real life and health are putting a dent in my play time, not only for AO but gaming over all, hence I've resigned the position of Clan Representative. It was a wonderful experience acting as Clan Rep, I had a great time planning events and causing a bit of mayhem. Hope it entertained. Will still occasionally pop in and see what new stories others are plotting.

<3

Edit: I was out for a year, but health is on an upswing and I'm frequently in-game again, here to pester everyone as a Clan RP Rep once more.
    Last edited by Hilfy; Sep 15th, 2017 at 18:19:22.
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts