Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: EU Consumers, VAT changes, and FC billing

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    [..] and a "solution" that gets tossed around is to raise the USD cost if they won't lower EU cost.
    Link?
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

really Fun Com?
    EUR 18.54 ‡
    (Including VAT)
    until you get down you aberant price to lets say ...14.49 EUR,no more cash from me.

Be glad its not 20 euro/months guys, i quote the chinese shop lady from dont be a manace "joo dong laik joo dong bye "
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

im glad 2 not even thinking to come back with this enormous price.

Funcom employee

Hello everyone. I admit that it has taken too long for me to reply to this thread, but given the nature of this situation, I did not want to misspeak.

The monthly cost of 18+ EUR, or any kind of surprise price increase, was not something we had intended to inflict, especially without any forewarning. Despite what the account page previously said, the monthly price should not have increased January 1st, 2015. It is my current understanding that we will continue to charge the same amount as we did in 2014, absorbing the price difference, to comply with the VAT changes.

If you *have* been charged the previously, incorrectly advertised price of 18.xx Euros, please contact help.funcom.com where we can investigate your case further.

I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. I have been informed that our Billing Team has corrected the price on the account page to reflect what was actually being charged.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

There we go. Thanks for the info, Michizure.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

B00m, thanks for replying/taking the time to look into the matter Michi.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Wow this is really great. Didn't expect this! Or an official statement at all. Thanks heaps, Michi!

Is there also a tiny chance that we could get a statement on the exchange rate Funcom uses? Because this is something a lot of people would like to understand.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Imagine if Michi had been in charge earlier....Just imagine!!

OT; Thanks for the response Michi, I'm sure this is going to please a few people
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Thanks for clearing that up!

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Hello everyone. I admit that it has taken too long for me to reply to this thread, but given the nature of this situation, I did not want to misspeak. The monthly cost of 18+ EUR, or any kind of surprise price increase, was not something we had intended to inflict, especially without any forewarning. Despite what the account page previously said, the monthly price should not have increased January 1st, 2015. It is my current understanding that we will continue to charge the same amount as we did in 2014, absorbing the price difference, to comply with the VAT changes. If you *have* been charged the previously, incorrectly advertised price of 18.xx Euros, please contact help.funcom.com where we can investigate your case further. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. I have been informed that our Billing Team has corrected the price on the account page to reflect what was actually being charged.
    17,19€ isn't still good enough to be competitive. You should get them reconsider entire pricing model of the game. Now we are just back to same complaining we have done for past 10 years.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Price of euro droping ninja fast these days.. soon it will be 1eur for 1 dolla, so equal price + local taxes. Eu central bank finaly fixing AO pricing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Been a long time since I perused these forums, but was thinking of coming back to AO only to see the current sub price tag.
    It got me thinking about how a specific game reseller has solved the price discrepancy between US and other parts of the world, maybe it could be something for FC?

"Fair Price Package
    Since the price in your region is almost €1.70 higher than in the US, we’re giving you €1.70 back in store credit..."

The price in 2014 is just as disgustingly high as it is now. Decrease it to 10 bucks an month, period.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

It is hard to justify the price for a slowly developed and really old MMO. That and I personally do not think the engine will ever ship leaves me hesitant to sling any more credits FC's way.

Sorry for necro'ing thread.. but the monthly cost of AO is probably why most people flee from this gem of a game. I have 4 accounts with running subscriptions, but with the state of the game and the never ending promises of engine upgrade I stopped paying for all of the accounts a few years back. I love the game, miss it too, but its not worth it. Still got froob account though. Cut the monthly fee in half and I would think a lot of players like we would consider paying again. It's better to have a bunch of players paying less, then a few overpaying, and eventually quitting too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234