Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blade of boltar

blade of boltar

Blades of Boltar and Honed Edge of Tarasque have been sharpened slightly

Amg we had to wait that mishz become a GD to make Dev realise it is the coolest weap of the game?
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

what i missed out on?

2h finaly getting sneak attack or what?
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Dec 15th, 2014 at 14:44:18.

Heot damage was slightly raised on test. Wtb fast attack on blades of boltar.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    Heot damage was slightly raised on test. Wtb fast attack on blades of boltar.
    ah wish they had sneak attack so enforcer maybe didnt ned 1h and Keeper finaly get a special attack as the only profession without one.

this new GD is a good guy and have problabe allot of work to do, i just hope he can improve and make ao more diffrent and change things nobady dared to change before. becose its needed and i truly belive it doesnt hurt to try big changes now and then and just repatch if it seems to be a problem.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Dec 15th, 2014 at 17:26:46.

BoB:

Damage: 260-330(520)

Whats the point of updating it if it gets stats similar to ql 300 kyr chacko? It should be exactly same as tonfa / shen stick so there would be 3 weapons with same stats but different look for visual diversity.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    BoB:

Damage: 260-330(520)

Whats the point of updating it if it gets stats similar to ql 300 kyr chacko? It should be exactly same as tonfa / shen stick so there would be 3 weapons with same stats but different look for visual diversity.
    Love to put my BoB's back on Doc!

Id love to use it also but not at the cost of loosing dmg. Its a shame FC doesnt support weapons with glow effect.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Always wanted to use these on my doc, no reason to have them not on par with tonfas, neither are that hard to get, but they just have different looks. preference thing only.

How about adding sneak attack to BoB?

Then we're getting somewhere.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    How about adding sneak attack to BoB?

Then we're getting somewhere.
    I have been considering something along these lines.

HEoT and the BoB are two of my favorite weapons. Overall, my desire is to create more viable options, be that by raising up some new options and/or toning down existing ones.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

That sounds amazing. If bob got sneak, your reducing buggy swaps and giving docs some kill power without relying on as pistol

ya and MA's suddenly became viable in PVP and PVM without swapping symbs, armour and their entire setup and IPR.

I'll EVEN play my MA again if BoB gets SA.

Hell, if edge of tara gets something frightfully nasty I'll even start ranting about how great our current GD is... which I don't think I've ever done.

you convinced me. we shouldn't do it.

The one thing I'll admit is that just tacking on SA onto a weap without consideration of it's implication could be dangerous.

is a keeper with SA on command in PVP more dangerous? Yes, most definitely.

Will it solve the PVM deficiencies? na, but what about opening backstab to ALL profs?

Now we're getting somewhere.

Imo, all profs should be eligible for backstab...

And then introduce an AS 2ndary special that doesn't require "stealth" that's usable in PVP and PVM called snipe and make it a 75%-100% check DR and locks out AS with a 15k damage cap and 15s recharge

And THEN we'll see some interesting stuff.

keeper with backstab and SA sword to go head to head with shade/advy.

Enforcer no longer QQing about can't do damage in PVM unless tanking, and everyone able to DPS a bit better.

Yes, YES! MA will do really well with that too since it's weapon based and then MA's could actually swap weaps in PVM for increased special damage for fast attack/brawl/backstab/snipe

Ha that could be fun.

ahh I guess if xootch says no then no.

How do you sneak with a big 2he sword, don't make any sense.

it has alien sneak technology us humman ont understand but it works
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    ahh I guess if xootch says no then no.
    finally you have come to accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by meeep View Post
    How do you sneak with a big 2he sword, don't make any sense.
    Actually, it doesn't matter at all what weapon you're using... what matters is the stealth value of the char holding the weap.

Assuredly, this is true. Consider the obvious: What sneak attack are you MOST afraid of?

probably one that would kill you right? So... how about a bomb in a backpack? (used to great destructive effect at the Boston Marathon a few years ago)

We could argue that a sneaking around with a pressure cooker is about the LEAST stealthy weapon, yet, clearly the bomber had a reasonably high stealth (i.e his stealth skill>the victims perception skill).

Lets take another HUGELY successful historic mega stealth attack: The Trojan horse.

This badass Greek motherfueker put together a goddam army of commandos inside a big effin horse. Then that horse done gone and right up crapped out a bunch of Greek commandos while those gift recipients slept. Those commando's walloped the Trojan's so hard their whole city fell.

So, that's a case where the weapon was REALLY big.

Now, That's not all. See, probably the BIGGEST stealth attack in the world, is this one:

Now, if anyone here doubts that a sword isn't a sneaky weapon, all they got to do is remember that the USA got their knackers blowed off by some REALLY sneaky mofo's who trained hard in sneaky arts to sneak the biggest badass bomb loaded with wee little tiny people and a lot of fuel and it done and gone blowed up some bigass buildings, REALLY sneaky style.

Big axe?

NO PROBLEM.

SA is a pvp only toy for non shade / advy. This new BoB isnt a viable option for pvm as its simply worse than shen stick and tonfa. More viable options would mean weapons with exactly same stats.Same goes with other apf weapons. Ive no idea what are the stats of new hellspinner but if it doesnt match xan assault rifle it will still be pvp toy of ar sold vs other sold in duels.

In general, lvl 210 lock made apf weapons obsolete. I havent seen anyone using those since 2008 or so. Whats the point of using SSSS with 300-475 (410) dmg and lvl 210 lock if you can just get Greed that is better in eery single way at lvl 201 (or earlier if WU drops from collector now). Silenced rifle is worse than ql 300 cobra that people use at tl5 or tl6 and so on.

Imho there should be multiple endgame weapons with same stats, so people could look different. BoB is a special case because of its glow effect. The look of it is amazing. Weapon so cool should be viable option to use and this tiny update wont make it. Its simply attractive. My first tl7 character was MA. I rolled it for many reasons but made it up to tl7 because of BoB look. Unfortunately it got obsolete by shen sticks and i had no motivation to level further.

BTW piercing version of BOB looking like Wolverine claws from X-men would attract way more people than current mediblade mesh thats total designers failure.
    Last edited by Ciex; Dec 16th, 2014 at 09:04:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    SA is a pvp only toy for non shade / advy. This new BoB isnt a viable option for pvm as its simply worse than shen stick and tonfa. More viable options would mean weapons with exactly same stats.Same goes with other apf weapons. Ive no idea what are the stats of new hellspinner but if it doesnt match xan assault rifle it will still be pvp toy of ar sold vs other sold in duels.

In general, lvl 210 lock made apf weapons obsolete. I havent seen anyone using those since 2008 or so. Whats the point of using SSSS with 300-475 (410) dmg and lvl 210 lock if you can just get Greed that is better in eery single way at lvl 201 (or earlier if WU drops from collector now). Silenced rifle is worse than ql 300 cobra that people use at tl5 or tl6 and so on.

Imho there should be multiple endgame weapons with same stats, so people could look different. BoB is a special case because of its glow effect. The look of it is amazing. Weapon so cool should be viable option to use and this tiny update wont make it. Its simply attractive. My first tl7 character was MA. I rolled it for many reasons but made it up to tl7 because of BoB look. Unfortunately it got obsolete by shen sticks and i had no motivation to level further.

BTW piercing version of BOB looking like Wolverine claws from X-men would attract way more people than current mediblade mesh thats total designers failure.
    I'd bump damage on it slightly but instead of massive base dmg increase I would like to see crit increased to 600. It is a MA weapon after all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast