Modify Bow 15
    Modify Add All Def. 10
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Not bad at all! I never did get gauntlet pads, so these will be a nice upgrade for me personally. I'm still using shoulder pads of asteroid calling in one slot - which I've been wearing since lvl 150.

The strength buff is a bit odd though. Only thing it seems useful for is landing freak strength perks - merlin pads are better for buffing strength for alphas. Int would be useful for landing unknown factor and for nanoskill trickle. It's not like extra strength hurts us any though!

Well from what I understand Michi did a big cut and paste from some other shoulder item and just changed the weapon buff and def buff.

Personally I like the str mod it means 1 more item I can focus on agi buffs for symbs. For me neutral Nanomage these shoulders, and now kinetic sleeves and gunships open to neutrals I should have no worries on str much anymore.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

https://aoitems.com/item/245858/ buffs 15 strength instead of 12 and has lower reqs, and so is better than OFAB shoulder for getting symbs on. If we didn't have that available, I'd agree.

Agreeing with Justin a little. The Str buff is odd, useless at most since there is a easier shoulder that gives more str. It should give either intel or some nanoskills (at least mc and pm ), something between Alappaa pads and Gauntlet ones. Id prefer 1000 times Alappaa over this OFAB ones :/
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I liked the idea of Intel on these instead of strength. Not only making them more in line with existing ofab shoulders, but making them not only a stepping stone between alappaa and gauntlet, but a gateway to equipping other ofab at tough levels.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    https://aoitems.com/item/245858/ buffs 15 strength instead of 12 and has lower reqs, and so is better than OFAB shoulder for getting symbs on. If we didn't have that available, I'd agree.
    I probably have 3 sets of these and never paid any attention to str mod lol. That means another round of bank cleaning bleh.

But from what I understand the shoulder were a copy/paste anyway so that mod prob will get changed anyway.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You know Sense wouldn't be a bad buff instead of str/int? Thoughts?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I would probably psychic over sense, if we have to throw out the possibility of int :P Mainly for the reason's said above.

Get rid of the strength modifier, add a pistol modifier. It's the only option.

With 1hb and bow buff I doubt they would add 3rd weapon buff

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

1hb and bow are buffed elsewhere in Ofab. Pistol is not.

Geif us 3% reflect on these shoulderpads and remove the aad defense modifier along with the HP modifer. That'll make things interesting :P
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    1hb and bow are buffed elsewhere in Ofab. Pistol is not.
    Are you suggesting removing both 1hb and bow for pistol instead?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Are you suggesting removing both 1hb and bow for pistol instead?
    Sure. Bow and 1hb already get 70-75 points from other Ofab pieces, where's my 75 pistol?

Sure. Bow and 1hb already get 70-75 points from other Ofab pieces, where's my 75 pistol?
    /me throws flaming pitchfork at Esssch

You get plenty pistol in your symbs, when I get some 1hb in symbs I can use then we can revisit this.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

/me throws pitchfork at Esssch as well

I cannot really disagree with you :v Now you (me) just need to change devs mindset about not supporting pistol for MPs (they already changed it?)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Yday i saw the for the first time, my initial thought was... AWESOME!!! Finally some ofab pads and i saw Bow on them which made me cheer... then i looked at the Gaunt pads i had on and noticed the only place it could potentially lead to any improvement would be the left shoulder AR wise at the cost of nanoskills for landing debuffs/nukes... so then i found it sad and figured them useless...

Now when i think of it again, its a good start to have these around but honestly they are outperformed by quite alot of items out there
    Gaunt left pad seems semi equal
    Gaunt right outperforms by a long strech
    iGoC outperforms by a bit
    Even Alappaa pad is equal to it

So in the end i guess that makes them equal to most other shoulder items out there from Ofab. Its an easy to buy option but there are better things out there

And i do find the Strength bit odd too but its in line with Tier armor, id like to see Intel in there a bit more aswell. But for me to really consider it to replace other items id need to see at least 20 bow and 15 AAD and possibly MC/TS boosts on there aswell, maybe next to the change to Intel. Atleast for the end equip they dont seem to be worth it, however nor are many of the other ofab pads so it seems fair enough
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Gauntlet pads are best in slot for pretty much all professions. OFAB, as you say, are a much more easily obtained second best left shoulderpad (which before gauntlet was typically all any OFAB shouldpads were used for, it was that or IGoC). For those who haven't found it easy to get a team for a rotating 17 hour pop instance, it's a very welcome second choice.

I do agree there but if u take for instance the keeper pads, they do manage a nice 60 AR from those. Then again their weapon focus is on one specific toy, not several like us
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin