Thread: Neutral Meetings & Gatherings

Neutral Meetings & Gatherings

It's been a while in the making, but I'm happy to begin initiating the Neutral meetings we're all waiting for! I felt that the Newland Council alone did not represent the vast variations and interests of the entirety of what's classed as "neutral", so I present three different, flexible events that everyone can get their teeth stuck into. If you picture the neutral faction as "Independents" or "Other" rather than the definition of "neutral", it's easy to see the need for showing off the other sides of neut life!

Each meeting will be called depending on demand and public interest, almost always on a weekend. This is my own initiative, so things may be subject to change depending on ARK Events. Feedback, questions and suggestions are always appreciated. If you'd like to arrange to start one of these meetings, throw me a PM or contact ARK Events and one of us will get it running for you.

The Newland City Council (NLCC)

Next Meeting: TBA

Description: The only legitimate government on the planet outside of Omni-Tek, freedom, trade and diplomatic tensions are abound with the Newland City Council. A long running and well known neutral gathering, the NLCC is back once again, opening it's doors for anyone interested or involved in Newland. The current Mayor is Zephrem "Toog" King, temporarily chaired when he cannot attend by the emergency minister hologram.

Interstellar Confederation of Corporations Diplomatic Conference (ICCDC)

Description: After the turbulent events surrounding Borealis, the ICC has announced renewed efforts to provide a speaking platform for anyone who wishes to be heard. The Interstellar Confederation of Corporations Diplomatic Conference invites anyone with an interest in Rubi-Ka, from the corporations that are part of the ICC to the independent organisations and collectives scattered across the planet. Possibly the most inclusive and varied meeting, it's certainly something to keep an eye out for. The current chair is Ambassador "Stanford".

The Umbra Society (TUS)

Description: Ever wondered what happens in the shadows? The Umbra Society is a gathering of hackers, smugglers, criminals and corrupt officials seeking to heighten their power and influence, learn new skills and lucrative opportunities, or simply indulge in the high life of a secret society where rules are meant to be broken. The location and times are varied, given the ever present eye of law enforcement keen to stamp down on the elusive society at any moment. The chair for this meeting is an unknown figure. You may be surprised who turns up...
    Last edited by Agrestus; Nov 9th, 2014 at 14:23:44. Reason: Updated meeting times, added contact for meeting arrangement
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

is it strange of me to admit I read this in your voice. You're like the british version of Morgan Freeman.

Also, yay! Now, to get out of work that day.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Woo-hoo!

This is great news!

This is a quick bump to announce that the ICCDC meeting will be postponed by a week due to the Halloween Party usurping the location. *shakes fist at Bekrowe*

The ICCDC meeting will now commence on Saturday 8th November - 19:00 RKST (UTC/GMT) at the ICC HQ hall in Andromeda. That also allows you halloween partygoers to attend the bash!
    Last edited by Agrestus; Oct 24th, 2014 at 15:17:09.
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)

Thank you all that attended the NLCC and the ICCDC! I hope it was an enjoyable experience and hopefully a refreshing slant on the meetings that we're used to. Feedback and suggestions to make it better are always welcome.

These meetings henceforth can be called by the players or by ARK Events if they deem it necessary. If you'd like to kickstart one of these meetings, please either pop me a PM or send an line to ARK Events and one of us will get them running for you.

So far both the meetings were great. It was great to see the RPers. Also having everyone introduce themselves helped in pulling people into the RP. Look forward to more just make sure you supply beer for Mars next time.
    DI "Keslie" Farndale [Investigator-Department of Investigations]
    Dr. "Vikriana" Heinrich [Forensics/Psychiatrics-Department of Investigations]
    "Marsira" Phoenix [Pilot of The Phoenix Fortune]
    Sir Reginald "Hamner" [The Old English Trading Company]

This is a reminder that the neutral meetings are still available should people want them, however I don't want to keep hosting meetings if there's no topics to discuss. If that were the case, I'd have to make up topics and host the meetings, and that's far too much work for one person.

If you'd like to get one of the meetings going, please make a reply to this thread with the topic you wish to discuss and what meeting to bring it to. If we get two topics minimum, we can arrange a date!