View Poll Results: Should your current Professionals continue?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • JustinSane4: Yes

19 63.33%
  • JustinSane4: No

9 30.00%
  • lainbr: Yes

21 70.00%
  • lainbr: No

7 23.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Professional Revotes - Part I: Current Professionals

Professional Revotes - Part I: Current Professionals

We are starting Professional revotes, which will happen in two parts.

In this part, we will have your current professionals given a vote of confidence/no confidence. If you want your professional to continue in this role, vote yes, if you wish them to be up for reelection, vote no.

All empty and open positions will attempt to be filled in the second part of the revotes.

Meta-Physicists have two current Professionals, JustinSane4 and lainbr.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 30th, 2014 at 17:32:47.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

While I would be more than happy to continue serving as professional if that is what you all would prefer, personally I think Psikie would be an excellent MP professional and would vote for him over myself were he to run again. Lainbr is doing a great job IMHO. Just my two cents .

If you are officially resigning, you should speak with me in PMs. Nominations for empty positions will be handled in the second part of the revoting, and I'm not considering them now.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Doesnt sound like a resignation to me, I have my preference for a more open minded Mp professional, Psikie is a good guy for debates but the overall objective look might be more in your own ballcourt Justin. We dont need people that go towards one extreme, we need people who can mediate and see the good in all suggestions.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    If you are officially resigning, you should speak with me in PMs. Nominations for empty positions will be handled in the second part of the revoting, and I'm not considering them now.
    No, I am not resigning. As with many topics on the board, I was just chiming in with my opinion - but as I said, I really would be glad to continue. To clarify, if this were round two of the re-vote I would run, but wouldn't necessarily vote for myself, if that makes sense.

And a good point Metafly7 - given the diversity of opinions among MPs, it is important for MP professionals to be decent mediators. Ours is probably the most active of the profession sub-forums, and that's a good thing. Everyone needs to know that their views are respected and that the professionals are bringing the communities' ideas to the devs rather than just their own.

I am certainly very biased when it comes to MPs. I like bow as a secondary option and I prefer creations as the primary option for MPs mainly because it is so unique to our profession. I've always used creations even when they were crappy so I do have a preference to see creation weapons expanded. So if it came down to it, I would not oppose any upgrade to MPs as long as it did not alter long term balance. Which as we all know any significant upgrade to ranged setups would prompt a significant downgrade to either melee setups or future pets.

I do not think trying to be agents (AS bow) with end game pets is a good long term strategy. Especially seeing how nerfed agents have become and the inclusion of the new deflect could make AS the absolute worst primary option for MPs. Expensive IP cost, limited support, and lower AR included.

I know the pvp bow crowd will not totally agree with that which is ok. If everything currently were left as is, I would suggest new pet to be the focal point. I've always felt MP demon should be THE best pet in game, AR and agro similar to top Dog, with health like carlo. I think with the right new pet all these other issues would be forgotten.

***As a side note I voted for both profs to remain because I like our current professionals and think they are much better mediators than myself, however...a little narrow minded focus and identity might be a good thing for a profession that is kind of a 2nd rate jack-of-all-trades (advy being number 1).***
    Last edited by Psikie; Oct 1st, 2014 at 17:31:47.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I do also want to stay as professional And I'll do my best to help to put us in a good shape ingame (good shape, not op-ed ;v) if you all want me to stay ofc.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    ***As a side note I voted for both profs to remain because I like our current professionals and think they are much better mediators than myself, however...a little narrow minded focus and identity might be a good thing for a profession that is kind of a 2nd rate jack-of-all-trades (advy being number 1).***
    I do somewhat agree but a pick between pistol or bow should for instance become more obvious as a route but the possibilities of having your toon function in a different way than usual is always fun. Also a ranged option for a profession that uses pets is sort of a no-brainer for any game, you dont have pets and then go tank stuff urself instead (even though that sadly does not work in pvp :P)

Id run into the same problems you mentioned if I was to be a professional I bet, so also voted for current profs to stay as it is.
    I think weve had some wonderful discussions and mediations from these two and we can count our blessings that we currently have professionals that stick around as opposed to some other professions sadly.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Id run into the same problems you mentioned if I was to be a professional I bet, so also voted for current profs to stay as it is.
    I think weve had some wonderful discussions and mediations from these two and we can count our blessings that we currently have professionals that stick around as opposed to some other professions sadly.
    A player after my own heart lol.

You know as weird as it sounds I actually think of my MP as a ranged toon even though I use melee creation weapons. Because I actually nuke and debuff at range more than anything. My perks almost always hit in pvm because my nano based ar. I don't actually tank, shield is in case my pet doesn't hold agg lol.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

With testlive going back to 18.6, will the professionals be chosen by then to submit feedback on 18.7. Or has feedback already been submitted to be processed.

Are we supposed to just use the testlive suggestions thread from now on?

Any way to get a listing of the suggestions submitted? I assume the formatting was for sorting purposes? I assume there is a way to filter by {Meta-Physicist} or [NanoPrograms] etc.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.