Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *YAWN* Its been held back longer

*YAWN* Its been held back longer

Ok so its been 6-7 months now since my old laptop completely died on me, So I bought a brand new laptop just to find out the AO is so old that my graphic's can't render it as its not supported by my graphics cards ( on-board and mounted graphics cards )

After lengthy talks with AO tech support team ( over a 3 day period ) the best they could come up with is a crappy apology for the inconvenience and I wouldn't be able to return to the game until the new engine is released ( but in there words they hope that this will fix the problem )

I've totally lost all confidence in AO and there staff after reading that there holding back the new engine even further.

Really FC your pulling your old bulls**t excuses again, someone could have remade the game twice over maybe even more since you apparently started work on the new engine.

By the time you finally release the new engine your graphics will be outdated by at-least 5 years

Rant over
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

agreed im playing on this very very VERY old computer ever since my dell laptop died and i got a mac book pro which doesnt support ao!
    Last edited by slythea; Sep 29th, 2014 at 23:09:38.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    agree im playing on this very very VERY old computer ever since my dell laptop died and i got a mac book pro which doesnt support ao!
    It was explained to me that I need DX7 to run the game, unfortunately this is 2014, my graphic's card doesn't support anything under DX9.

Is there some direct x 7 emulator out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I have a new macbook and so cannot run AO in bootcamp without all the graphic glitches.

I've actually resorted to running AO in Parallels - no graphic glitches and I'm still able to dual log, etc. It's not ideal - it certainly pushes my laptop to its limits - but it does work.

I'm not sure if similar virtualisation software would work in Windows but for those with a macbook it might be worth looking into.

For me this sounds like problem is that ao tries to run on intel hd gpu rather than secondary (more powerfull) one. I havent had any issues playing ao on new laptops. If it stars with secondary gpu but has artifacts or so then it can be worked out by tuning 3D profile settings.

if i buy a playstation i cant complain to funcom that my playstation cant run ao.

you cant realy complain to funcom if u have a computer from 1980 and say hey you guys suck becose my computer cant run this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    if i buy a playstation i cant complain to funcom that my playstation cant run ao.

you cant realy complain to funcom if u have a computer from 1980 and say hey you guys suck becose my computer cant run this game.
    If you read, they're saying they can't play using NEW computer processing capabilities with AO's need for outdated DX7. Read more, Playstation less.
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    I have a new macbook and so cannot run AO in bootcamp without all the graphic glitches.

I've actually resorted to running AO in Parallels - no graphic glitches and I'm still able to dual log, etc. It's not ideal - it certainly pushes my laptop to its limits - but it does work.

I'm not sure if similar virtualisation software would work in Windows but for those with a macbook it might be worth looking into.
    what is this parallels? i currently have bootcamp on my mac with graphic glitches though!

becose you dont buy something you kinda know wont support the game.
    anyone can go buy a cheap laptop that wont run a single game, blame yourself becose not all modern laptops is made for gameing
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Sep 30th, 2014 at 00:03:28.

Dunno about macs (evil) but whatever your problems are it isnt directly related to the newness of your laptop. I've got a z97 motherboard and 4790k processor that was just released like, oh, 2 months ago? And 2 GTX 970s that were released like last week and AO runs fine. I can even downsample from 4k now.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    what is this parallels? i currently have bootcamp on my mac with graphic glitches though!
    It's a VM app.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptall2 View Post
    Dunno about macs (evil) but whatever your problems are it isnt directly related to the newness of your laptop. I've got a z97 motherboard and 4790k processor that was just released like, oh, 2 months ago? And 2 GTX 970s that were released like last week and AO runs fine. I can even downsample from 4k now.
    That's because nVidia drivers still have support for DX7 in them, unlike the Intel onboard gfx chipset.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    That's because nVidia drivers still have support for DX7 in them, unlike the Intel onboard gfx chipset.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    This
    "This" actually proves my point. Its not "directly related" to the age of the laptop. The problem is intels support sucks compared to nvidias.

in that regard, maybe. i don't know if i am still uptodate on this, but it used to be that intel graphics used to not require active cooling and therefore was less likely to fry. frying graphics units at least for some time was the notebook killer no.1. but my knowledge on the topic maybe outdated by a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    in that regard, maybe. i don't know if i am still uptodate on this, but it used to be that intel graphics used to not require active cooling and therefore was less likely to fry. frying graphics units at least for some time was the notebook killer no.1. but my knowledge on the topic maybe outdated by a year or two.
    Actually not frying but they used (and still do) to desolder from mobo when they heat up too much. Just because some environmental hippies wanted to ban lead from solders (that lil sticker saying "RoHS" on your laptop).
    Same thing that kills xboxes ps's etc etc.

Funny fact no 3258676. NASA and Military said they won't be using lead-free solder.

Sounds like your new macs are terrible. Game runs fine on my toshiba laptop w/ sandy bridge and my desktop w/ haswell.
    Jenaku - 220 ma
    Dexiecane - 220 adv
    Decksii - 220 sold

soup guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post

This just made me laugh, we are talking about PC/Notebook/Laptops not your crappy PS.

Also I didn't buy a new laptop just to play AO there are other things i use my laptop for and yes it is funcoms responsibility if there lapsing so badly that they can't even get out an engine update in the past 5 years if not more of saying it was coming or there were working on it. And I'm not buying another crappy laptop just to run the game.

AO is the most expensive game to pay for month to month and so far since I joined in 2009 they had some new expansions released and since then the game is dying, player base is fading/no new content/no graphic updates/no engine and we are still paying the same price.

I'm actually joining this flame, because My Sony Vaio Duo has Win8 and Intel video - I even manage to 6-log on it, but if i'll upgrade to Win 8.1 - then I have issues with DX n graphs and cannot run even 1 AO client.

Come on, I have very expensive device in my hands, as far as AO is one of most expensive games, and it doesn't run.

AO has already lost a good number of subscribers within last years due to no progress in major development directions, and now it won't even gain a part of subscribers it could gain if it'd work on latest hardware.

I don't know, maybe its time for you (devs) to talk to investors and explain to them that paid items/services won't lead to unlimited positive periodic financial balance and without investments into engine/content development AO will stay as low-income (no income) game.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

I'm actually on FCs side for this one.

Try running some older games, quite a lot just flat out don't run on 32-64bit system without DOSBox Emulation. Is it the developers fault if you can't run the older software because you have purchased hardware that doesn't support the game? Ofc not, that's ridiculous.

It's like trying to pour petrol into a steam engine and complaining that it won't work.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast