Thread: Behind The Mask

Behind The Mask

November 29488, before Project: True Light
    Room 32, Omni-Pol Internal Services – Location: Classified

Room 32, a room shrouded in mystery and rumour. No Omni-Tek employee other than Internal Services is rumoured to know its location, and those that go in never come back out….Not the same at least. A single spotlight casts the silhouette of Officer ‘Zarte’ Hemmeld stood in front of the detained Officer. His usual cheery demeanour is no longer present and instead speaks in an emotionless tone, his look impassive:

“Your crimes against Omni-Tek are both numerous and severe; you have repeatedly resisted the support we have tried to offer you and as such you are at the point where we must consider if you are now beyond the support Omni-Tek can offer. “

The Officer pauses for a moment contemplating his decision, knowing *she* is watching.

“Officer ‘Cusado’ Woods, you are hereby charged with treason and are deemed beyond reformation. I therefore sentence you to the only available choice left to us: permanent death. Your security clearance is hereby revoked and your insurance pattern has been cancelled. When I exit this room your life will be terminated. Thank you for your cooperation.”
    Last edited by Agentcora; Aug 28th, 2014 at 14:02:15.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

August 29488
    Cora's Office, Omni-Pol Facility - Location: Omni-3, Blue District.

Cora sits in her chair, the image racing through her mind. Is it true or is it a Clan trick?

“Love you always – Kris”

Her anger boils inside her, and she smashes her desk with her fist. She must find out the truth.

Stalking across the walkway in Omni-Teks Secondary Head Office the expression on her face is causing people to avert their eyes and quickly move out of the Officers way. She walks up to a security terminal and begins to interface with it, activating Omni-Pols systems. The alarm system blares through the streets and the PA system booms as it activates:
    “Attention, this is an Omni-Pol emergency transmission: Breach of orbital defences detected, current trajectory for Kyr'Ozch ships - Omni-Tek Secondary Head Office. Evacuation protocols are now in effect. All personnel please report to your appointed refuge area.”

Cora spins on her feels, she crosses her arms and watches the ensuing panic as the area quickly begins to empty, when the last person leaves she opens up a commlink:

“Agentcora: Meet me in Secondary Head Office, and bring a Hacker.
    Tussa: I’m on my way.”
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

- They've got her in a cell...
    - "They" ?
    - Security and Reform. The Major knew about Project Charge all along...
    - She's asking for help -- she's just sent a distress signal to TD. I'm going to go get her.

She couldn't help thinking 'What goes around, comes around'. There was no love lost between her and the icy Omni-Pol General. But since May a lot of things had started to surface, and now it seemed Geers was turning away from Omni-Tek as a whole. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend', Jen thought bitterly. And then there was Kris, who joined a Sentinel-affiliated clan because they got things done. Now was the time to show that his choice wasn't unfounded. 'There is a time and a place for everything.'

So there they were, in Clon****, getting ready for an unplanned assault on the familiar detention centre. Jen had to shake her head and chuckle. This was crazy. It was absurd! Major Rintaro was there, accompanied by two Reform agents and a commander from OTAF. The chance of reclaiming was sky-high. However, they had two things working for them. The element of surprise and Kris' knowledge. It was a one-shot operation.

Were they rescuing Cora Geers? No. They were assisting a powerful enemy of the corporation.

- On my mark, go.
    Last edited by Tussa; Sep 4th, 2014 at 16:09:26.