Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [TEST] Going 1 to 220 as a noob MP

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    IP is tons harder than bow
    If by "tons harder" you mean "you actually have to pay a little attention to how you IP" then sure. But really if you think this is hard you should really try to distribute IP on a a tl4 MP.

, and OE definitely is an issue if you don't have supple-based armor.
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=197490

Strange, according to my calcs you don't need a single piece of supple based amor, or any pistol adding util, hud or armor in fact. "The more you know".

Citation needed for "Multiple people" doing troa+peh setup on MP. Of the very few MPs, I'm one of the very few pistol MPs. I've never seen anyone do both troa and peh on MP, just one or the other
    You're free to look yourself if you want, it's past 1 AM here so I'd personally have to search tomorrow. The one name that I can give you that I know for certain did it was egad on rk2.

and never without sacrificing symb spots
    Neither can crats.

. Go ahead and make an MP on Test and look at the skills we're able to reach. I'm sitting at around 1030ish Burst with my setup and it fully maxed.
    I do plan on making a pistol setup on test once I have some free time. But I have to seriously test shade changes first.

I know this is tough to believe from a 171's perspective, but IP really does get tighter later on, especially for pistol setups.
    I've brought MPs to tl7 before, you don't need to belittle me. IP is much harder at lower levels than it is at tl7.

Are you trying to compare any other profession's performance with troa/peh to our's? MPs have the lowest AR template post-1k of any profession. For every 1 point of AR above 1k, MPs will gain the least benefit. There's not a lot of info about this, so it's understandable that you wouldn't know about it. People were very upset over how good Tigress was when it came out, but it had to be that good for it to be comparable to other prof's offerings. Thus, since no other setup requires some of the most expensive armor in the game, every other weapon path will be better returns on investment.
    You're right, I don't know much about this, and I can't seem to find any solid resource that would tell me the actual AR nerf across all professions post 1k.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Aug 20th, 2014 at 06:58:35.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    If by "tons harder" you mean "you actually have to pay a little attention to how you IP" then sure. But really if you think this is hard you should really try to distribute IP on a a tl4 MP.
    Yes, lower level IP is more difficult for every profession. What's your point? Every single weapon skill is dark blue for an MP, so when you want to keep adding skills to max, it makes it tons harder than weapon paths where you don't have to max as many skills.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=197490

Strange, according to my calcs you don't need a single piece of supple based amor, or any pistol adding util, hud or armor in fact. "The more you know".
    Creator module and Stellar Nanodeck both add to pistol. "The more you know" about your own proposed setup. Also, that setup is Troa and Lust, not Troa and Peh. We are still talking about Troa and Peh, right? I never argued against Troa or Peh separately. And with that setup, you'll be OE on Burst. Your setup gives the same amount of Burst as mine, and I have 1030 Burst self-buffed. Takes 1321+ to be non-OE on Peh.

You're free to look yourself if you want, it's past 1 AM here so I'd personally have to search tomorrow. The one name that I can give you that I know for certain did it was egad on rk2.
    I found one guy who did it, here. However, as I said, it takes a full set of CSS, as well as a huge amount of buffing armor, including gunship. And I'm sure it performs well, but at about 1.6-1.7b per piece of Supple and 1-2b on gunship, you'd be better off spending that 12.2-13.9b on any other setup and not even notice the difference.

Neither can crats.
    Last I checked, crats also aren't getting a pet with 2500 reqs at some point. We need to keep the nano skills from eye symb if we don't want to swap like engis have to. Right arm might be able to be swapped for burst imp, pretty silly that ours don't have burst, but don't know that I'd want to give up the combo of AAD/Fling/Parry (turning into Deflect)/ND

I've brought MPs to tl7 before, you don't need to belittle me. IP is much harder at lower levels than it is at tl7.
    Apparently I do need to belittle you. You pretend to be some expert on MPs when you aren't, by a long shot.

You're right, I don't know much about this, and I can't seem to find any solid resource that would tell me the actual AR nerf across all professions post 1k.
    15.0.1 patch notes:
    A change has been made to the way skill is calculated to determine your damage multiplier. This kicks in at 1000 Attack Rating. Each profession now has a different multiplier scale above 1000 AR, so two different professions using the same weapon with the same AR will not necessarily do the same damage.

As for the actual numbers, I've heard varying reports, but every report says MPs have the worst template, possibly sharing that with traders. Looks like AOU did testing, but only for fixers

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    (same newcomers and ql 100 implants )
    MP can solo all of totw with ql 100 imps.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

MP can solo all of totw with ql 100 imps.
    Ever Azzy?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Updated to Shadowlands and TotW and level 66 right now.

Soloed whole TotW on level 60, newcomers and ql 100 implants. Sorta neat. I also considered newbies would know minor twink by now. Leveled a little on Nasc Hecklers: sorta refreshing when there are no OST teams around.

(this post will be deleted and reposted every update for bump purposes)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

The lv 110 spider mob that walks around the whole of Nascence and will cheerfully eat you in one bite if you run into it? Been there forever, I've run into it and dodged it on a few of my lowbie toons over the years. There's a Mortiig mob out towards the brink of Nascense that's 110 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    The lv 110 spider mob that walks around the whole of Nascence and will cheerfully eat you in one bite if you run into it?
    It will But she is lazy and will only aggro if you are really near her. The tiig, on the other hand, is a basterd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12