Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have engineers been forgotten?

The more I play my engi in PVP lately the more butthurt I feel in general.

The bottom line is that engies eat a ****-tonne of damage and have very limited methods for mitigating it.

* special spam is more prominent now than it's EVER been (notably since troaler/pehwer nearly every support class can eat our blockers well within the recharge time; fixers and soldiers can basically de-blocker us in 13 seconds, which basically means blockers mean F-all in mass PVP)
    * and we eat more damage than we've ever eaten in the history of AO due to there being more add dmg available via raidbuffs, and most obviously, we eat all perks and add dmg adds to perks.

Which basically amounts to engies having not nearly sufficient defence for incoming damage for nearly any prof.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    Being able to perk NR would be awesome. Because engineer perks suck for the most part anyways, I think I have well over 10 perks invested into generic lines because there is nothing better to invest into. Being able to be immune to all nanos would be funny.

Especially considering I cry butt tears every time I'm rooted or snared. And it's pretty much a guranteed death if you get feared because chances are you will have atleast 1 enfo and shade ganking and chain stunning you to death.
    This is gonna sound odd, but most people die if they're feared with at least 1 enfo and shade ganking and chainstunning.
    You gained 96 PVP Solo Score.
    Angelyna: (03:55) Srompu forces your NCU to run Feet of Stone...
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he's a 220 crat and srompu is probably wearing tl5 symbs
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he deserved to die

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    You don't see people wandering around screaming "THIS BOOK IN THE FIRST PERSON WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF THE MAIN CHARACTER WAS A QUASIGENDER HAMSTER ON FIRE".

Quote Originally Posted by Sromp View Post
    This is gonna sound odd, but most people die if they're feared with at least 1 enfo and shade ganking and chainstunning.
    Nerf enfos and shades.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

It is easy to disable an engi root him, kite pets and come back.
    If he is smart, repeat it many times, he will give up -_-.
    Engies got low RS, not so good NR, low Def.
    Of course, to be honest we can survive a lot, even versus 2 player but during 30 sec max. Then you die <3.
    We can't really complain about our profession, well if you are NM you got coon, nm absord, nm shield, BR, you can perk DNA for the little boost, you can swap healer cloak to boost STIM/bio rej and reflect (and if you are lucky the proc!!).
    Our weak point is the kiter, if only we could use Mines outside BS <3
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Actually, you got a buff. Epsilon Purge is getting changed so I can't remove your blockers and instakill you.
    Happy birtthhhdayyyy toooooooooo youuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Also, the change to snares should be pretty nice, but don't let me shine on your thunderstorm.
    Midget! you still here!
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    The more I play my engi in PVP lately the more butthurt I feel in general.

The bottom line is that engies eat a ****-tonne of damage and have very limited methods for mitigating it.

* special spam is more prominent now than it's EVER been (notably since troaler/pehwer nearly every support class can eat our blockers well within the recharge time; fixers and soldiers can basically de-blocker us in 13 seconds, which basically means blockers mean F-all in mass PVP)
    * and we eat more damage than we've ever eaten in the history of AO due to there being more add dmg available via raidbuffs, and most obviously, we eat all perks and add dmg adds to perks.

Which basically amounts to engies having not nearly sufficient defence for incoming damage for nearly any prof.
    I agree, blockers are so much less effective than they used to be. All our defensive tools (blockers, bio perks, even blinds) have been numbed down, and in return we have only been given higher HP through items. The bad thing about relying on more HP, is that it has the undesirable effect of making our other defenses weaker (cocoon, bio regrowth and arguably reflects all become less effective with more HP).

Don't get me wrong, HP has always been good for engis, but back when engis were running around with less HP you could be pretty much immune to damage throughout the duration of cocoon or BR. Fights would also be less predictable and exciting due to how fast your hp would fall/rise again. Your blockers were like your lifeline, when they were gone you could be taken down quickly, but they would rarely run out in duels, or even if you were outnumbered 2 to 1.

Now cocoon gets ripped through fast, blockers can be depleted quickly and it just feels like you're on a countdown timer where it's only a matter of time before your defenses are gone and you end up like a doctor with no nano left.
    Last edited by Platypus135; Aug 28th, 2014 at 04:26:41.
    Casual/former player known as
    - Nnivekccub / Kingduck / Mongoose

Quote Originally Posted by Platypus135 View Post
    I agree, blockers are so much less effective than they used to be. All our defensive tools (blockers, bio perks, even blinds) have been numbed down, and in return we have only been given higher HP through items. The bad thing about relying on more HP, is that it has the undesirable effect of making our other defenses weaker (cocoon, bio regrowth and arguably reflects all become less effective with more HP).

Don't get me wrong, HP has always been good for engis, but back when engis were running around with less HP you could be pretty much immune to damage throughout the duration of cocoon or BR. Fights would also be less predictable and exciting due to how fast your hp would fall/rise again. Your blockers were like your lifeline, when they were gone you could be taken down quickly, but they would rarely run out in duels, or even if you were outnumbered 2 to 1.

Now cocoon gets ripped through fast, blockers can be depleted quickly and it just feels like you're on a countdown timer where it's only a matter of time before your defenses are gone and you end up like a doctor with no nano left.
    It doesn't help that over the years they have changed most perks to doing the same damage type as your weapon. And that by far the most common damage types are Melee and projectile.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    It doesn't help that over the years they have changed most perks to doing the same damage type as your weapon. And that by far the most common damage types are Melee and projectile.
    commonly overlooked, and yet completely relevant to the discussion.

In war, the rate of depletion of cocoon is so fast that sometimes it's like it didn't exist.

you absorbed 10000 projectile damage
    XYZ hit's you with full auto for 3572 damage

capped hits through coon? I won't say it's common, but with engi evades being so low, there's no question that we are an easy target to get big hits on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123