Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disable Inspect Function

Why are we the police for Funcom catching exploiters? Did they hire people to respond to all our exploit reports this open inspect is intended to generate?

Why can't we send an exploit report without all of us being open to stalkers checking out our inner clothing items? Why can't FC "Inspect" the toon reported as potentially having exploited gear on ... in the background ... without opening all of us up to snooping?

Just because one of us claims to have inspected someone to see an exploit doesn't mean it actually occurred anyways ... FC would need to confirm even if we do all have open inspect.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Why are we the police for Funcom catching exploiters? Did they hire people to respond to all our exploit reports this open inspect is intended to generate?

Why can't we send an exploit report without all of us being open to stalkers checking out our inner clothing items? Why can't FC "Inspect" the toon reported as potentially having exploited gear on ... in the background ... without opening all of us up to snooping?

Just because one of us claims to have inspected someone to see an exploit doesn't mean it actually occurred anyways ... FC would need to confirm even if we do all have open inspect.

Emma
    FC would also have to have someone competent handling the reports, otherwise there are going to be a LOT of false positives and a LOT of pissed off players. Are there even any GMs left who know AO well enough to be able to make a reasonably accurate determination that someone actually used an exploit to equip something?

I don't dot with my doc so if a team-member don't want me if my setup is not good enough then he/she or me leaves. Simple. Same with pvp-twinks that can't swap so much. So it doesn't matter 2 me. Non-phatz stuff should be more viable tho.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

All the changes in this patch seem to really suck from reading them. People want things to change for the better not worse. For inspect it is kinda stupid in this game. In WoW you can go on their website and look at anyones gear, talent selections (perks) and they added an item level so people will only take you in a raid or instance if you have X item level or X achievement which makes sense because the content is actually difficult and takes team work.

The most difficult thing we deal with is, Dont attack the towers, click the buff and dont get killed by the fence, if you are bird fly to this color I mean there is no real reason to vet players, their gear is only part of it, if they are dumb they are dumb and thats it. You can tell when you are in a hot mess inf mission and you muscle through it and leave when its over or if everyone wipes whichever happens first.

I agree I could care less if people inspect me it might help someone know what they should be working towards for their gear, as for twinks I do think its lame for people to peek at everything you have went through and a lot of people have elaborate setups and want them to be a secret. But if they are going to make this open function I agree just stop telling me about it, I dont want a message that someone is looking at my stuff.

"Inspect Alts" and "Inspect Bank"

Inspect alts is very usefull for when you have to contact someone but they have alot of alts, very usefull for arks/gms too for dealing with petitions. It should list all characters on accounts tied to that e-mail adress.

Inspect bank will be very usefull for orgmates that need to lend a certain twink item, because how GMI works nobody has room to put uncommon items for sale because it costs too much money.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Since some people think of twinking as an art, just make inspecting cost 1000000 credits per inspect, directly transfered to the inspected, thus helping the poor artists.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Anyone can have elite kit, its how you use it...

Timing, strategy, knowledge etc.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    Anyone can have elite kit, its how you use it...

Timing, strategy, knowledge etc.
    Exactly.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

:/ get used to it, i dont like the disables inspect but we all are gona have to deal with it. i dont mind currantly opening inspect for peeps to look at my twinks but ide like to see it left as is.

I've been threted in the past by noobs who think my 200 froob sold has exploted items on it (kamiashi froob sold) just because she looks like an Omni AF Trooper ive then had to give them web links show how to get the items whats needed to make them. hence i now keep her inspect open.

when ya making a new twink tho you dont want to see "player inspecting" you wile your trying to get stuff on.

If FC brings this to live please REMOVE the your being inspected message.
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Quote Originally Posted by Rikaria View Post
    If FC brings this to live please REMOVE the your being inspected message.
    It's easier to add a chat filter to the message than waiting on them to remove the message from occurring.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Michizure, has a final decision on this been made?

its tragic, but balance and evrything funcom/ devs ever says usualy never happens. 7-8 years ago now since balance was announced? lol!

keep inspect off so you can easily identify exploiters and get them banned

kthx
    Emergenzee Level 220 'Trustworthy' Doctor
    Circle of Notum

Wow after reading these post I don't see anyone pointing out 100% solid grounds for or against inspect been permanently open.
    Open inspect will allow players to stop all the exploiting of equipment like the clan MP wearing 6 ACDC's making them almost untouchable when combined with DEF setup + Shield of Zset.
    On the other hand people who spend time twinking for PVP reasons ( legit twinking not exploiting ) should be able to hide there equipment and keep there toons personal and private.

As for you guys complaining about players with bad equipment, might I just add that my first 220 was an MP and it is still using and wearing the equipment that was available to me, Some Miy's and one or 2 bits of Ofab and most my HuD and Utills are still from Title level 5, ( i retired it before alot of items became tradeable ) one of my biggest reasons for retiring my 220 MP was the simple fact that I couldn't get teams to make creds to buy better equipment or to have a chance to roll on those NO DROP items, I became nothing but a buffing whore as i lacked damage for PVM and survivability for PVP. Since retiring my MP to make a 220 Doctor and Crat i found myself making more creds and getting more teams because of my tool set and for this reason my 220 Doctor is almost 100% done ( missing a few end setup items ) at the same time i had enough creds to kit out my Keeper with all its endgame armor - weps - and most my HUD Util's and items for 220 before i've even atained 220 on it, same goes for my fixer currently in 300 CSS and 70% endgame items given that its only level 215.

To clear up my points and issues on the subject of " players " apparently not caring about there toons and all you people out there with multiple 220 toons having to carry them, have you ever considered that its not there fault that they are lagging behind and have the inability to upgrade like you expect, but turn the blame on yourself's are you guys trash the economy without your lootright selling toons and you guys setting the prices for armor's / symbiants and no drop items, Get off your lazy backsides and help, show people how to upgrade / invite players into your teams to give them chances for loot rolls.

In my experience I only ever get inspected by 2 types of people
    1. Players that want to learn about there toons and how to equip them.
    2. Players that want to see what I have before they fight me.
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123