Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discuss 18.7.0.17 on test

Discuss 18.7.0.17 on test

Not sure if this is the best place to discuss this, specially when it's not yet patched to test, but it will be tomorrow judning from the patchnotes so i don't think i'm jumping the gun too much.

Anyhow....

A few interesting things, to say the least

To comment on Gsnele's notes froom here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=611763

Parry has been renamed to Deflect. Deflect is a defensive stat that and not a melee special. Deflect increases the chance that incoming attacks become Glancing Hits. A Glancing Hit deals 50% damage. Deflect chance caps out at 15%.
    Glancing hits will affect special attacks in this way:

Sneak Attack: Glance counts as a miss with 0 damage.
    Aimed Shot: Glance counts as a miss with 0 damage.

Sooo, this "might" affect pvp, a "little" with no guaranteed as/sneak damage, depending on your luck.
    There is more, but that caught my eye, also this:

A vendor had been added to the Pandemonium Gardens which sells Rare nano crystals, this npc is called "Greedy Shade". The Greedy Shade will sell the following nano crystals to anyone who has all garden and sanctuary keys:
    Nano Crystal (Minor Nanobot Defense)
    Nano Crystal (Grand Theft Humidity)
    Nano Crystal (Nanobot Defense)
    Nano Crystal (My Enemy's Enemy is my Friend)
    Nano Crystal (Fists of the Winter Flame)
    Nano Crystal (Composite Heavy Artillery) (new nano, or old renamed, we'll see)
    Nano Crystal (Superior Notum Overflow Injector) (new nano, or old renamed, we'll see)
    Nano Crystal (Notum Overflow Injector) (new nano, or old renamed, we'll see)
    Nano Crystal (Nanobot Shelter)

I do have a question, will those nanos be NODROP?

Discuss!
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Aug 6th, 2014 at 22:06:08.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I have a crazy theory: that Macrosun quit working on the engine while he waits for the Dreamworld team to get rotated back to AO, and he was able to accomplish all of this in the meantime.

On a saner note:
    I'm sad to see that snares won't act as roots anymore, as that had factored into a lot of tactics to this point, but it makes sense so I can't complain too much.

What do you think they will do with the Coast pfs? They can't have opened them up for no reason.

Will the GUPH be present even outside of the Halloween season?
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

It certainly looks... promising. It's still in beta, so I hope we will be able to fix a few inconveniences here-and-there and balance some things.

Not really sure how much i feel like having to retwink because of a full IPR -> Deflect setup
    - Xcellers
    Alexander "Xcellers" Voss
    Info Loadout Inner Circle
    Exiled Member of Inner Circle

Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate.
    OTAF Battle Manual

Have to twink up each char. nice.thanks.

I suppose there will be a 18.7 update forum?

Emma

Edit: In the meantime what are the requirements, if any for this new transportation quest we all have to complete? I have some small toons that stay small ...

A teleportation quest that everyone has to complete in order to use the various grid nanos and teleport items have been made and the Quest NPC Darren Plush can be found in ICC QH. The quest is short and you will be able to harass the npc to make up for your frustration. This change was made to prevent any player from being able to use teleport items or nanos to leave Arete Landing.
    Last edited by Emma; Aug 7th, 2014 at 01:23:53. Reason: new meep quest

What exactly is the change to how nano targeting works?

Does the nano now fumble if a target moves out of range during cast? If so could this not be applied to perks?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

GUI
    It is no longer possible to refuse inspects.

They’re still going through with this even with all the uproar?

Quote Originally Posted by Solee View Post
    GUI

I don't see a problem with this.

Will we get back the IP if we put any into Map Nav or will it be lost forever? Assuming we'll get it back, but knowing FC, it might not be the case...
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    I don't see a problem with this.

Will we get back the IP if we put any into Map Nav or will it be lost forever? Assuming we'll get it back, but knowing FC, it might not be the case...
    you've had plenty of time to reset it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solee View Post
    GUI

I'm not a big fan, but I usually only turn it on when i'm in the middle of working on something and don't want people looking at my gimp ass gear lol

All in all great patch notes. Especially the GUI things, some of them have annoyed the hell out of me lately.
    A big bummer is the inspect thing though. Mostly because it's a clear sign Funcom ignores the community and there's simply no good reason for that at all.

I also like the added 1k cred to mission rewards. It won't matter much past lvl 30 but for a super low char it's gold.

I have mixed feelings about the Parry/Deflect thing. On the one hand it's nice that this skill finally gets a serious meaning, but on the other hand I'm afraid it will turn out as yet another def skill that won't work properly. I think it will also be a huge IP sink for some profs, so yet again some of us need to make compromises after IPR. Though, maybe it's part of the rebalance and will implement just fine.

If I understood it right, ICC HQ won't be accessable for an already existing player? Since Subway has been moved there, does that mean Subway Twinks are now useless? Unless you have a tower field in range that is.

PVP Ring sounds interesting too, hope it will be used by ARKs. Haven't seen an ARK in quite a while.

And last, what's with the Greedy Shade thing? I mean these nanos are Quest Rewards, so why can you suddenly buy them in a garden? I don't even care if they will be ND then, I just don't see why these are buyable and others not? And what's even the point when people quest anyway? Am I missing something here?
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

I'd prefer if the greedy shade sold prof nanos such as GA and NS for more reasonable prices. Screw the market, it's ridiculous anyway.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    I'd prefer if the greedy shade sold prof nanos such as GA and NS for more reasonable prices. Screw the market, it's ridiculous anyway.
    It was what came to my mind first, before I then read the list. Also weird nanos, because I don't see why Quest Rewards are considered Rare Nanos at all.

I even thought about random nanos. So the vendor will sell 5 nanos and the offers change. So you can't buy ICRT all the time for example. This sort of thing.

So now MP's get the long awaited love?

In this patch Meta-Physicists will finally become worth playing again?

Atleast year ago Genele announced those MP upgrades which are coming in the NPE patch ( http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=606296 ).

Or was this buried and its not even coming in this patch? Even though they announced "Meta-Physicists will get some rather large changes in the NPE patch."

Somehow I doubt nothing is coming, because nothing is stated in those patch notes. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was forgotten and MP's do not get the new upgrades they deserve...

...Or does this patch have anything to do with the NPE?

edit: Nevermind, (YES this update is coming) Genele posted ( http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...15&postcount=6 ) these patch notes later, which happened after writing this comment.
    Last edited by jooo; Aug 7th, 2014 at 16:49:32.

Grafts, Nano Fingers and Pills will no longer drop.

They are removing grafts? Really FC, how far down are you going to dump this game?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I should wait for the rest of updates to be posted, but I can't.

Flurry of Blows now needs to be worn? Really? As if anyone has a free Utils/Hud for that.

No more grafts? Wth.

Items/nanos won't reduce char size anymore - does that mean agents are now big and very present?

ERU VLRD yesdrop? Uhm, yeah. Not sure if that helps the economy at all.

I don't like that prof specific things can be bought in item store now. Esp since I remember that the TT can lasts 4hrs while the original version only lasts 2mins.

But thanks for the insta pet warp and pretty trenchcoats.

Amagawd, there's actually some things from the suggestions list in there! Instacast/local cooldown pet warp! They do listen!
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Grafts, Nano Fingers and Pills will no longer drop.

They are removing grafts? Really FC, how far down are you going to dump this game?
    Wait what O.O That's just insane, it's a core element for anyone who plays the game.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    you've had plenty of time to reset it.
    With 0 IP resets left? I'm sure

Ring of Power - Elements/Energy/Melee/Physics/Projectiles can now be combined.
    Dreadloch Balanced Freedom Arms is no longer part of a tradeskill process.
    Finally, those rings can be made together

I'm curious to know what tradeskill it's part of...

Implant Clusters have now gotten their price modified.
    I hope they go down, since ql 200 clusters were 550k for my 200 fixer. Also, could you make it so the cluster shops are:
    Basic 1-100
    Advanced 101-150
    Superior 151-200
    Tired of running to 10 superior cluster shops only to see ql 70-80 being sold in what I need
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Aug 7th, 2014 at 15:26:31.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast