Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GRACE: FAQ & Information

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    In the current climate where exploiting and speaking about eula violations no longer gets you shunned by the general population, I've discovered that quite a few people buy credits. A few are vets but most are people that have played less than 5 years. Believe it or not, there's quite a few of those around.
    The credspammers are still spamming, they would have quit long ago if they didn't make money in the end. And on the other hand, you can buy FC points and get items for those, so why not go for better conversion ratio...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    The credspammers are still spamming, they would have quit long ago if they didn't make money in the end. And on the other hand, you can buy FC points and get items for those, so why not go for better conversion ratio...
    I wasn't stating anything contrary to that was I or why'd you quote me when you typed that?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Still too early by a week or two to tell, but selling price looks like 2b average. I r ebil gold farmer. I buy grace for $15. I sell it on gmi for 2 billion creds. I then sell those credits for 10.00 per 1 billion credits. I'm up $5.00. Rinse and repeat. That's a decent profit margin.

If the gmi sale price gets to 1b avg I think they wont bother but then again I remember seeing 1b creds for $7.99

I like the idea of GRACE a lot and want it to work!
    Last edited by Literary; Jul 23rd, 2014 at 22:01:04. Reason: typo

My second paid acct has been frozen for 2 years at least, due to poverty. I'd really like to be able to reactivate it w/ GRACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Except credit sellers wouldn't gain anything by buying GRACE, since players can rather pay Funcom that amount of $ for GRACE.
    Obvious the best part is more monies for Funcom but there are a lot more advantages.
    Lets not forget that:

• FC will now control the economy....It's Market PvP but not credsellers vs. AO players, instead it's credsellers vs Funcom now
    • The >VALUE< of credits will go down (as opposed to the COST of credits) as the supply and availability goes up, kind of like the Federal Reserve printing bogus money...
    • LOL ... u cannot withdraw... LOL at all the credsellers or other cheaters/dupers buying up huge chunks of GRACE... haha gg Funcom, love your style
    • Prolly most important is that credsellers will stop supplying creds to unofficial credit retailers / credstores muscling them out of business as well as redistributing wealth amongst the playerbase.

If it isn't obvious at first, I used the term 'credseller' to describe an evil, superwealthy player that robs from the poor and sells to the rich...ie- steals from newbie/normal/non-cheating AO player and sells the credits to actual credit retailers / credstores like 'EGP'. What do you think creditstores print creds? They get them from players. REAL credsellers. These players typically also do Market PVP against players in the form of manipulating markets, buying bulk, etc and actually don't really 'play' the game as you or I do. They don't farm credits, they just earn them through market deviations and buy/selling... without so much as selling a single pearl The credstores/retailers aren't actually the problem themselves - they are a symptom of the real cause, credsellers, and if credits become a commodity again, they stand to gain nothing as well as what Demoder referred to as credsellers (credstores).

Having said that, this is just the first step, but a very important one. The cost of items and the means of earning credits in game still needs a lot more work, but its a great step forward.

On a final note, I will reinstate an old demand to you and suggest a few new ones:

• Oh, Funcom, Hallowed be thy Funcom....When do we get Read-Only GMI markets API??? C'MON Need it now more than ever! Pretty please. Let us do market analysis for you! crowdsource doodz pls. We the community love you. We can do pretty charts and find out who is bad and how and why. There is nothing to lose from exposing market api except maybe embarrassing a few abusers and not deliberately :-)
    • .. What are the chances of a vet point for GRACE promotion so swarms of froobs with 200+ veteran points resub == More revenue when their GRACE and Veteran Points run out? I personally think they might have messed up with not allowing froobs to easily use GRACE to resub (requiring GMI access and upgraded account) but I'm sure they had their reasons...maybe wait a month to see how it evolves, stabilises and pans out first.
    • .. Can we expect FC to allow approved official vendors to on-sell wholesale GRACE to increase FRESH signups through official retailers and outlets perhaps with regional influence and price appropriations? (Maybe this will fix the euro/usd issue in the process...) Use social networks and places like AOU / Gridstream / Other community sites to your advantage FC... IF so please PLEASE lmk as I want to be first in on that for first post to suggest it

Great Work FC!!!! Congrats!!!

P.S. not sure if I am an ideas man with nerdistic tendencies or a nerd with ideological tendencies, but just a hunch maybe the issue with froobs not being able to use GRACE.. or even GMS for that matter, I have a sneaking su****ion it mite have to do with hoardes of froob accounts sitting out there dormant (read: with illicit cargo/creds/ready-to-bake creds) that will become useful and ruin it for everyone. At least by forcing the use of GMI enforces the audit trail. I will have a think about it.... there has got to be a way of preventing that nicely, but the simplest way I can think of right now is open up a READ-ONLY GMI API access to sub'd accounts for open market/crowdsourced analytics That way also FC can remain 'impartial' about it since it will be market player vs. player through intelligence not power/wealth
    Last edited by Mastura; Jul 24th, 2014 at 01:08:20.
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Do froobs receive vet-points nowadays? I thought they where based on the months your subscription was paid and active.

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

Froobs/sloobs don't get vet points (they get only if you merge accounts with a full paid one)
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

How can I use grace on my frozen account ? frozen accounts cant log to gmi..

when you will release 3 month grace or 1 year grace with a good offer ??

the game wont last one more year, so it's pointless to add them
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    the game wont last one more year, so it's pointless to add them
    Grace will make game very active and AO will last till FC decide to ruin pvp :P

Quote Originally Posted by lordaegis
    [...] and AO will last till FC decide to ruin pvp :P
    Uhm...

Quote Originally Posted by lordaegis
    when you will release 3 month grace or 1 year grace with a good offer ??
    Right now I can't really see the point in these things, but maybe someone else does?
    Buying a 3, 6 or 12 month GRACE would be same amount of money as if you just subscribed on your account page, so you are not having an advantage here. Selling them seems rather tough as well, because when I calculated things right (which isn't a given) a 12 months GRACE would be 12b+. And you can't have more than I think 4b in GMI.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Grate

Another wondrous reason to never ever fix the god damned gameplay in this most fubared game ever.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Uhm...

Right now I can't really see the point in these things, but maybe someone else does?
    Buying a 3, 6 or 12 month GRACE would be same amount of money as if you just subscribed on your account page, so you are not having an advantage here. Selling them seems rather tough as well, because when I calculated things right (which isn't a given) a 12 months GRACE would be 12b+. And you can't have more than I think 4b in GMI.
    usually when I collect credits from GMI I find more than 4b and you can only withdraw them but FC can change that easy

Quote Originally Posted by Lordaegis View Post
    usually when I collect credits from GMI I find more than 4b and you can only withdraw them but FC can change that easy
    Not to mention that I suspect some uberwealthy players would rather keep 1 account with a dozen GRACE items stocked than 3 toons with 4b each?
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    Froobs/sloobs don't get vet points (they get only if you merge accounts with a full paid one)
    Sl00bs DO get vet points...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

What I'm worried about is people buying creds to buy these things off gmi and then the price of things like combined armor will go up...
    To be honest, I think the simplest way for FC to control the cred sellers is to increase the droprate of things like bots so the price goes down.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Why is it easier to get blood out of a stone than get a sodding good answer to why AO costs £15 a month.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    As a paying subscriber I pay FC for subscription and thats it.
    I will never ever pay FC to buy GRACE because it is quite stupid.
    The idea to pay $ for GRACE in order to sell it for ingame credits is plain stupid because I (and majority of long time subscribers) do not need credits ...
    I am a subscriber for 12 years now and I guess I didn't spend all that much time grinding credits as the rest of you, or sell loot rights or what not... 1 billion? I don't think I've ever actually had that many credits at the same time in the entire 12 years of AO
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I am a subscriber for 12 years now and I guess I didn't spend all that much time grinding credits as the rest of you, or sell loot rights or what not... 1 billion? I don't think I've ever actually had that many credits at the same time in the entire 12 years of AO
    I think it's a matter of effort vs reward. Once you have enough credits to do what you actually wanted to do, you don't care so much about credits.

I didn't really ever bother gathering credits unless I had a specific goal to achieve. Once that goal was achieved, I kept on doing the fun things while keeping credit supply at a comfortable level. It didn't take long to get half a billion credits. A couple of days of grinding, perhaps. And selling the right things at the right time.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I don't think I've ever grinded for credits outside of the time right before AI came out when I collected ingots to fund the upcoming cities. I pretty much am anti-lootright selling (I have advertised to sell lootrights several times at TNH but about 80% of the time ended up giving the belts away to someone I knew).

I have spent a lot of time playing the game and the result of that has been a lot of things i don't need and could sell to others. One recent example is the SL elite dailies that send you into the catacomb to kill 3 bosses. Everytime I level a toon I end up with many ice golem pages, tier 2 glyphs and inferno boots amulets. I don't have to do anything special for that money, it just comes as a result of leveling a toon. A couple days ago I installed a dd parser and wanted to test out my trader's damage. I did a run by Asty and Creepy and slippers dropped. I did the same thing on my crat and slippers dropped again. If I find myself a little idle (as in just chit chatting in orgchat or such) I tend to run through and kill 2 or 3 inf dynas and I've had amazingly good luck.

Because I do the content, versus buy lootrights (I do buy LR on occassion such as the shen stick I purchased today), I do not have to spend a lot of money buying items from others. Every cred that comes in is pretty much money that gets stockpiled. Just selling crap in my bank, I've made an average of about 2.5 bil/week since I returned just under 2 months ago.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast