Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tir Annulled: Why it was Necessary

Post Omni-Tek thinks of nothing but profit and self-promotion

Brothers and Sisters of the Clans!

Council of Ares claims not that it is the only right way forward. But unfortunately it is so far the only way that exists! The only opportunity for the Clans to unite. While the Omni-Tek employees join this public forum to preach of nobilty and a changed nature of the today's Omni-Tek, they corrupt the planet we live on in the name of profit and see Clanners as squatters upon Omni-Tek's property. Mr. Ross's recent statement is a proof of this. And his is the official position of this corporation.

I for one do not need Tir Accord to tell me that which has been won by those who came before me by their flesh and blood is Clan's. I need no legitimising. I am here, on my land and no corporate scumback is going to take it away from me. And I am not the only one who thinks so! Those who want to defend that which is ours have united in the hope of preserving that which is ours. Some clans want to make peace with Omni-Tek, some want to destroy the Omni-Tek completely. I and the CoA want only to defend that which is ours and to keep Omni-Tek away from our lands.

And no, I do not care whether ICC accepts me or acknowledges me. ICC did not give me what I have and I owe no allegiance to it. I do not need ICC to tell me that the land I live on is mine. They all want notum and that is all they care about. I care about this land, my land.

Omni-Tek says they want peace. Yet they have bases on our land. Omni-Tek says they want peace, yet during the Tir Accord they exercised their might as they saw fit, breaching the Accord at times with impunity. I never said a word. I felt protected by the Tir Accord and by CoT. Now, CoT has run out on me and the Tir Accord is in tatters. I am no fool - when push comes to shove I shall defend that which is mine to the last drop of my blood and unite with others to provide common defense!

Some of you may see CoA as a military tyrany coming to take control of the clans. This is not so! If those critics were to read the statements of the CoA they would realise that the only purpose of the CoA is to provide common defense for the Clans and to help in establishing an effective government for the Clans. I wish no part in running the Clans, I wish to tell none how to live their lives. I want to be safe and protected in my land with no threat of any corporate hyena coming and taking that which is mine.

This is my personal opinion.

Fiqh
    Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

Step by step, heart to heart, left right left, then we all fall down... like toy soldiers.

Martika - Toy Soldiers
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

As a people you cannot elect to selectively follow those laws that you consider appropriate. The legal case for full Clan autonomy vis-a-vis OTRK is weak at best; the argument stems from the principal of first occupancy, given that, for all intents and purposes, Omni-Tek brought the Clans to Rubi-Ka (or, more appropriately, created them, as the birth of the Clan movement was the unionization of Atrox workers).

However, by forsaking the jurisdiction of the ICC, the principal overriding authority in the known universe, and claiming that its statutes, regulations and decrees do not apply to the Clans, you are not only potentially drawing the ire of every ICC consituent corporation, but also indirectly ALLYING yourself with OTRK. Omni-Tek has many long running disputes with the ICC, not the least of which is the current presence of peacekeepers, and it would love nothing more than to void the applicability of the ICC rules.

But OTRK is far too rational for such an action. Doing so would precipitate a veritable apocolypse for every single citizen of Rubi-Ka, not to mention trillions of others throughout the universe. The Corporate Wars claimed many lives and cost an immeasurable amount of money, and that only involved 4 or 5 corporations.

If you do persist in declaring the jurisdiction of the ICC "persona non grata" on Rubi-Ka, you invite an invasion that will doom us all.

OT v ICC

So what you are essentially proposing for me to do is to choose between the evils and choose a lesser one, that being OT?
    Ha, surely ICC is a threat to Omni for they want the same as Omni wants - notum. As to whether ICC is a threat to clans, is debatable.
    I care not for notum and the riches of others, I want my land for myself and nothing else! I do not want to be threatened nor cajouled into something I do not want to do. If ICC comes and shows itself to be same as Omni-Tek, then it will get what's coming to it. If it removes Omni-Tek from RK, I would applaude it. If it stays out of my life I shall not raise a hand against it. Should it threaten the Clans, I will die fighting it.

Fiqh

Assuming OTRK is usurped from Rubi-Ka, and the ICC steps in and interstellarizes ((new word warning! can't exactly be nationalizes)) the notum reserves, how likely is it that, if one corporation won't leave you alone, thousands will?

To localize this somewhat, look at it this way: you have successfully stampeded OTRK off of Rubi-Ka, and have seen the ICC come in its place. To celebrate, you and your fellow CoA members decide to meet and toast your triumph at BB in Tir. Just as the party's getting started and the clothes start to coming off, in marches ICC Pit Mining Corp. with heavy machinery an an army to protect it.

The lead foreman of ICC Pit Mining Corp. approaches you, and quite sadistically points out that satellites in orbit have discovered that reserves of notum, in fact the largest reserves ever, lie directly under the spot where you stand, and that, should you not move, ICC Pit Mining Corp. will commence operations notwithstanding you or your council's situate presence. You resist, and although you manage to fight back the army protecting the operation, thereby delaying the opening of ICC Pit Mining Corp. pit mine #01-Tir-BB, within a matter of hours a multi-corporate military comprising over one billion special forces personnel have seized ALL of your land and sequestered not only the entire Clan populace but also all of the leets, brontaurs and, yes, even the annoying rollerrats, into outland caves in which they are sealed.

Not a pretty picture, huh? This is not a matter of choosing between two evils; it is a matter of choosing life over certain death.

Just remember - Omni-Tek Protects.

It's that talk that makes people hate the clans. One guy talking for his clan thinking he speaks for the Clans. No wonder people got the Good guys mixed up with the Bad guys according to FunCom. FunCom would be best served to re-write the end of the story and make the clans look like the Devil in the Shadowlands because they sure act like it. What do you expect from the audience that Funcom has attracted to this game lately however.

LOL Pumpkin...no doubt; all the snuggly warm and fuzzy good guys are hanging out at Rompa, Neuters and Reets - definitely not what FC had in mind.

I think there still are a great number of good people in the Clans; but, just like the anti-corporate movement currently mobilized against the IMF/World Bank et al., those people get overshadowed by the anarchists who smash windows and cause riots.

This isn't by any means a crisis for FC; all societies have their more militant elements, who undoubtedly are more visible than the peaceful ones. But, Ghandi proved it - you just have to work hard to get your message out. Unfortunately, the more placid citizens among the Clans aren't as vocal as the warmongering elements.

Oh, and to the CoA people who have read/are reading this thread: if you don't mean to declare war, you need to say that. Everyone here seems of the opinion that all you're waiting for is a fresh shipment of bullets before you march on Omni-1. If this isn't your intention, issue a press release. This has been a fairly bad example of how NOT to run your faction's PR.

I once came here an spouted the same political rhetoric...

and I did it in support of CAS and CoA.

My questions are easy for you Fiqh;

1. Why would anyone follow CoA after it was formed then disbanded and now reformed again? Seems like it isn't anything really taken seriously, seems like the CoA so-called leadership isn't to be taken seriously. Sorry CoA is dead, when it gave up and disbanded it lost all credibility.
    2. Do you know what anarchy is? How can a group that calls themselves anarchists claim to promote a Republic as a form of government? It seem mildly contradictory. CAS has a very bad reputation for such things as running wildly through Omni Entertainment shooting the place up. Those kind of actions don't really bring to mind a well organized military that makes wise tactical and stratigic decisions.

Sorry Fiqh, there just isn't any credibility left here.

It's time to stop the random acts of violence. Clan, OT and Neutral are lame labels placed on various groups often amoung which there are like-minded people. It is time to discard these labels as cause for strife and blood-shed and instead look into the hearts of those with faction tags other than yours. Judge them for their beliefs and actions and unite with those that share your ideals despite the labels branded on them by powers they have little control over.

It is time NOW to band together across all factions. Your enemies are not so clearly defined as you have thought in the past.

No, CoA is a dinosaur...it's time is far far gone. It should have been left abandonded, its resurection is an abomination.

Originally posted by Fiqh
    Brothers and Sisters of the Clans!

Council of Ares claims not that it is the only right way forward. But unfortunately it is so far the only way that exists! The only opportunity for the Clans to unite. While the Omni-Tek employees join this public forum to preach of nobilty and a changed nature of the today's Omni-Tek, they corrupt the planet we live on in the name of profit and see Clanners as squatters upon Omni-Tek's property. Mr. Ross's recent statement is a proof of this. And his is the official position of this corporation.

I for one do not need Tir Accord to tell me that which has been won by those who came before me by their flesh and blood is Clan's. I need no legitimising. I am here, on my land and no corporate scumback is going to take it away from me. And I am not the only one who thinks so! Those who want to defend that which is ours have united in the hope of preserving that which is ours. Some clans want to make peace with Omni-Tek, some want to destroy the Omni-Tek completely. I and the CoA want only to defend that which is ours and to keep Omni-Tek away from our lands.

And no, I do not care whether ICC accepts me or acknowledges me. ICC did not give me what I have and I owe no allegiance to it. I do not need ICC to tell me that the land I live on is mine. They all want notum and that is all they care about. I care about this land, my land.

Omni-Tek says they want peace. Yet they have bases on our land. Omni-Tek says they want peace, yet during the Tir Accord they exercised their might as they saw fit, breaching the Accord at times with impunity. I never said a word. I felt protected by the Tir Accord and by CoT. Now, CoT has run out on me and the Tir Accord is in tatters. I am no fool - when push comes to shove I shall defend that which is mine to the last drop of my blood and unite with others to provide common defense!

Some of you may see CoA as a military tyrany coming to take control of the clans. This is not so! If those critics were to read the statements of the CoA they would realise that the only purpose of the CoA is to provide common defense for the Clans and to help in establishing an effective government for the Clans. I wish no part in running the Clans, I wish to tell none how to live their lives. I want to be safe and protected in my land with no threat of any corporate hyena coming and taking that which is mine.

This is my personal opinion.

Fiqh
    Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

Re: I once came here an spouted the same political rhetoric...

Originally posted by Nelida
    and I did it in support of CAS and CoA.

My questions are easy for you Fiqh;

1. Why would anyone follow CoA after it was formed then disbanded and now reformed again? Seems like it isn't anything really taken seriously, seems like the CoA so-called leadership isn't to be taken seriously. Sorry CoA is dead, when it gave up and disbanded it lost all credibility.
    2. Do you know what anarchy is? How can a group that calls themselves anarchists claim to promote a Republic as a form of government? It seem mildly contradictory. CAS has a very bad reputation for such things as running wildly through Omni Entertainment shooting the place up. Those kind of actions don't really bring to mind a well organized military that makes wise tactical and stratigic decisions.

1. "Wasnt there then, dont know" is the honest answer to this. U were there and you run away.
    2. Anarchy, in my understanding, is a right to be free and not governed by anyone. Thus I will be once the need for a common defense has passed. If you think that clan republic is the same as a totally controlled state of affairs under Omni-Tek, you are greatly mistaken. Promoting the republic is not the same as running it. As for the past reputation of the clan - you were there then, I assume cuz I was not even born then , and what did you do?

In answer to Omni:
    1. CoA took a defensive action. Omni-Tek has a base on our territory, behid our backs. It threatens Clans' security. As I have said before, we shall not apologize for an action that was right. No civilians were hurt, only military personal was engaged. Why was there an army at that base if Omni-Tek plans no attack? 5 Juggernauts we killed. 5! How many more remained after we withdrew? Clans are allied with Knights of Camelot. We shall not stand by while our ally falls!
    2. As to CoA wanting a war. We declared no war officially or you would have known for sure by now. It is our current policy that no attack shall be undertaken on Omni-Tek territory, ie Omni-Tek cities, towns and settlements. However, millitary bases and outposts upon our and our allies' territory shall be deemed invading troops and may be attacked.

OOC: Keeping 4 posts running on the same topic at the same time is a bit taxing, seeing that you all are such great sport. Great RP, appreciate it
    end OOC
    "Everything that one thinks about a lot becomes problematic" - Nietzsche
    Zorf
    Member of CAS
    Vito's Personal Atrox Punching Bag
    Holder of Pie
    Weilder of the Horrid Mauser
    Desecrator of the Temple of Three Winds
    Fiqh
    Member of CAS

Originally posted by Nelida
    The CoA originally dis-banded because we were asked to by the CoT. Our actions and calls for new clan leadership led to the CoT breaking it's months of silence. We stepped aside as they attempted to re-establish authority. That attempt failed. The CoA is has now risen to help assist in the defense of the clans. The gates of Tir are guarded by ICC 'Peacekeepers'. Sadly, we of the CoA have no faith that they will do anything to defend the places we call home.

Are we starting a war? No.
    Will we defend our lands? Yes.

You can't negotiate with OT. You either are or you are not an OT employee. There are no options in their eyes.
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

First you have CoA saying that they deserve some sort of credit for stepping down at the request of the Council of Truth. Then, you have their leader, Redruum, nearly popping his arm out of socket patting himself on the back for bringing about the downfall of the Council.

Eh?

Whatever.
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

I would have thought that IF ....

the Tir Accord had been negotiated in GOOD FAITH by OT then it would have been viewed as a treaty with all of the Clans and not just the current set of leaders. That we are going through a difficult time presently is hardly a reason to break an agreement made with the people that call themselves Clans. Just because leadership changes hands is NOT a reason to break treaties.

As far as CoA is concerned they are nothing more than a small group of war-like clans trying to make a bid for self-serving power in the vacuum of the CoT. While I do not support the CoT I also do not support the CoA.

I would have THOUGHT that if OT actually believed in the treaty they negotiated and signed that they would not exacerbate our situation by revoking it. All that this has accomplished is to give ammunition to fanatics like CoA. It seems that OT wants all out war as much as CoA does. This saddens me considerably.

Be that as it may, certian Omni groups have expressed a willingness to maintain a cease-fire...I would suspect that there are considerable Clans that would like to do the same. Perhaps at least a subset of us all can do without the inane fighting that goies on ad nauseum.

A prime example of OT peaceful intentions:

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/4940L

Seems the Jeanie is out of the bottle. I applaud anyone trying to get it back in. When your attempts fail and OT come to build a new mine in your back yard I'll try and refrain from saying 'I told you so'

When OT comes to arrest you and your clanmates for attempting to "To cripple Omni-Tek through subversion, diplomacy, and strikes against military and industrial targets" as your clan objective states, I'll try and refrain from saying 'I told you so'

As your massages states, if OT negotiated the Tir Accord in good faith then it should still be valid regardless of clan leadership. This is not the case. I think we all know what OT's good faith is worth...
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

I have to say, that if I was OT I would have revoked the Tir accords. Why? take a look at i from their perspective. The Tir Accords is signed by OT and the COT. That means those two sides are LEGALLY responsible for upholding it. Now, the COT disappears, so this suddenly leaves OT Still legally upholding its end of the Tir accords, but no one on the clan side up holding theirs. This means that the clans could quite happily do any breach of the Tir accords, with no legal comeback, as they would just have to say "take it up with the COT". From an OT persepctive this is not a tenable position to be in. If another credable leadership had arision in the clans quickly after the COT disappeared, I would think about things differently, however it is hardly fair to say to OT, "you keep yourself bound by that agreement, while we are suddenly free of all its restraints".

To the CoA, you say you speak and act for freedom? I personally say you are liars. you have already taken away my personal freedom to sit back and watch OT retake this land if they wish (Not a freedom I particularly want, but a freedom none the less). If you would just admit that you are military council trying to take control of the clans, even if only temporarily, I would have much more respect for you.

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12