Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What or who is GR.A.C.E. ?

Funcom employee What or who is GR.A.C.E. ?

We are currently in the process of evaluating and testing an optional subscription method. This is in the early phases of testing and will not necessarily reflect what goes live.

This new method is based on an item called GR.A.C.E. which when used will add 30 days of game-time to your account. GR.A.C.E. can only be used and traded in the market (GMI). In order to receive GR.A.C.E you need to buy a key from the billing pages. This key can be used in the market (GMI) to convert it to a GR.A.C.E. item.

This patch will contain new GUI functionality related to GR.A.C.E; however, the billing side of things will not be available at this time.

Whats the point ???
    It looks like opening door to credit sellers and exploiters and for sure not something that would benefit FC as company...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Careful with Itemstore and GMI thingers, we know where that lead to!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Whats the point ???
    It looks like opening door to credit sellers and exploiters and for sure not something that would benefit FC as company...
    It's actually something some players have been asking for.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=604465

Anyway, what does GR.A.C.E. stand for?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I'd like to buy less than 0 of them, please.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Whats the point ???
    To my understanding, the gametime (code for it) has to be bought with real cash.
    <edited out stuff cos of lack of knowledge>
    Last edited by Tikra; Jul 8th, 2014 at 17:06:22. Reason: burp

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    To my understanding, the gametime (code for it) has to be bought with real cash.
    It sure will boost the activity of credsellers, but FC will still get real $$ for 30 days playtime.
    I've been up since 4am working so think I'm missing something due to lack of sleep. How does this serve as a boost for the credsellers?

- Last time I saw a spam, credits were being sold by a 3rd party at the rate of about $13 USD/billion.

- One month of game time (paid monthly) is about $15 USD

I think it is safe to assume that someone isn't going to go pay $13 USD to buy a billion credits then sell those credits to another player in game for an item worth $15 USD.

If the price of credits on the black market went up or down (in USD) I'd think it would have a similar effect on the cost of GR.A.C.E. (in credits) to balance out.

I'm guessing there's some unknown variable here between the cost of credits from 'gold spammers' and the cost of GR.A.C.E. that you're taking into consideration. Care to explain?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 8th, 2014 at 16:59:04.
    You can find me at:

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Anyway, what does GR.A.C.E. stand for?

I will post the current item description for GR.A.C.E. :

Grid Access Credit Extension, or GRACE, is a popular currency among wealthy traders. This item is also sought after by poor citizens on Rubi-Ka as it can be used to extend their insurance policy directly from the market.

WARNING: Due to the delicate nature of this valuable item, it can't be withdrawn from the market system.

This item, once used, adds 30 days of full access to Anarchy Online and all expansions. This time is added to any current game time. This operation cannot be reversed!

Any player who is currently on a "Free to play" subscription plan will have to upgrade their account in the account pages in order to obtain or use this item.

Well I think it is a great addition to the game. I bumped the thread in the item suggestion area and I'm glad to see that it is getting close to being implemented. Now I'll finally have something to do with all the credits I have laying around.
    You can find me at:

Whats the point ???
    The point is that the door has already been open for years. This legitimate method gives FC a way to compete, hopefully drawing people away from the 3rd party credit sellers.
    • People who want to can buy in-game credits with IRL cash.
    • People who don't want to buy playtime with IRL cash can instead use in-game credits.
    • FC gets a new source of revenue.
    • AO gets an extra source of funding.

Everyone wins. Unless you're a credit seller loitering in Bor on a level 1 toon and annoying everyone with your spam. In which case you can have some level 7 rollerrats and chaindeaths as a consolation prize.

Personally, the possibility of a PLEX-like system in AO has me unusually optimistic.
    Last edited by Ahndracorvid; Jul 8th, 2014 at 17:12:19. Reason: Edited for typos. Y'all know what I'm like with those by now.
    :E

I'm guessing there's some unknown variable here between the cost of credits from 'gold spammers' and the cost of GR.A.C.E. that you're taking into consideration. Care to explain?
    Uhm k.. woke up an hour later and your brain seems to be in a better state than mine. Since i dont see any cred spam since the introduction of /filter im not aware what the current rate is. So, just ignore that part of my post

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

I see this as a valuable addition.

Also I'd like to see any example of where the addition of a similar feature in other games has ever lead to worse the problem of credit sellers.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

What will be the price of this plex to buy in EUR, USD and GBP?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Whatever it is - we gonna make some profit!
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

woot AO "PLEX" something to spend creds on

btw would this item also end up in the vet machine for tho's who have vet points and nothing to spend them on?
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Quote Originally Posted by Rikaria View Post
    woot AO "PLEX" something to spend creds on

btw would this item also end up in the vet machine for tho's who have vet points and nothing to spend them on?
    Heya Rik. I doubt they could do that since vet points are per character and you get a fresh set every time you roll a new toon.
    You can find me at:

Funcom employee

Heya Rik. I doubt they could do that since vet points are per character and you get a fresh set every time you roll a new toon.
    I agree, this sounds like a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    My guess is that it will match the price you would normally have to pay for one month of game time. But this is for the people in the marketing/billing department to decide.
    Last edited by Genele; Jul 8th, 2014 at 20:15:40.

so can GR.A.C.E. key be bought with FC Points???? say you've alreayd $15 of FC points you can get a GR.A.C.E. key buy it with your FC points?
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    so can GR.A.C.E. key be bought with FC Points???? say you've alreayd $15 of FC points you can get a GR.A.C.E. key buy it with your FC points?
    This is another question I can't answer because it will be in the hands of the marketing/billing departments.
    My guess though is that you have to buy it directly from the billing pages as this would limit the risks of exploitation.

this is a really great upcoming change!

first of all, this was a hugely popular suggestion on the item store forums and it actually got implemented!

second of all, players now have the option to not have to pay a monthly subscription to get full content basically being sponsored by fellow whale players putting in more money than time.

let the free market reign so to speak.

a simultaneous crackdown/threat on cred seller/buyers while there is such an easy legal and beneficial alternative will hopefully mean the end of those spammers in borealis. that is if the economics of this don't just outright obsolete cred sellers.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast