Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 18.6.12

So apparently it was a higher priority to remove XP sources across all levels than it was to fix a bug that (unless I missed it) has not been fixed since Shadowlands launched 11 years ago (that being sided mobs healing you instead of themselves)?

Probably a good thing I check in here when I do. I got heat for leaving the game from a lot of my orgmates, and I see it wasn't a mistake.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    ^ hire this guy.
    DO NOT hire this guy.

Many of the problems we now face are entirely due to having ex-players run this game, rather than experienced professional staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    DO NOT hire this guy.

Many of the problems we now face are entirely due to having ex-players run this game, rather than experienced professional staff.
    Doesn't my masters in compsci and making a living as a sw developer count for anything?
    I wasn't too serious about my job application there but rather my way of letting out my frustration about the way things are going, just like everybody else in this thread.

Hire me.

You can see the item changes here.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Are those jokes

who it his right mind dares to modify the survival guide??????? seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Mankinis ? Really ? After the debacle in TSW ? /runstothepopcornmachine
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    If you need to take away dailies that have been giving xp for Years because otherwise no one would do the battlestation daily ...

Then maybe the real solution would be to take away the BS daily since no one likes to do it now that the three for one deal is gone. PvP'rs don't want xp anyway once they get their toon to the appropriate level ... and they don't use BS to level since they don't bother to get their toon properly equipped to stay alive until they reach their target level.

I may have it wrong, as I do not Pvp, but that is my impression ... PvP'rs play BS after their toon is leveled, twinked, and equipped.

Put xp rewards back on the illegal miners & towers dailies.

Emma
    Exactly my thoughts.

AO is a big game and they are many ways to play to suit different people. Cutting BS dailies isn't going to get me queuing for BS dailies to get xp for lvling alts. It does stop me from being able to log for a short period and feel like I'm doing something. I like lvling alts and tower dailies suited my style. Towers change location and side and is a little dynamic and far more tolerable than all the other dailies. I can log for 20 mins and run them for the alts I want to lvl. Sometimes that 20 minutes turns into longer and i do raids/team for pvm/social or even pvp (on alts that don't need xp). I've got 2 accounts under 10 years of subs and previously satisfied with my mundane existence, but this change really has me annoyed more than any other. Now I feel i don't have a good reason to log on if time is short. And if this doesn't change, I won't be choosing AO for my daily fix.

Please put xp rewards back on the illegal miners & towers dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    Mankinis ? Really ? After the debacle in TSW ? /runstothepopcornmachine
    Ahhh but here It Fits The IP™ because we've had thongs and troxes in bikinis and males in ballet outfits for the last decade. Also no one cares about AO enough to raise an objection.

On the one hand I'm glad AO is getting it. On the other I'm still rankled at FC's management and the way they handled it in TSW. Give my lumie his mankini back

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

These changes were only put in place to make sure no one ever have enough vp.
    SO THEY TRYING TO FORCE EVERYONE TO BUY VP for real money.
    We can expect more changes like this, the next change is to remove tokens from daily missions so we cna buy them for real money.
    We live in a beautiful world

They removed sources of xp to attempt to get people to team for xp...
    Teaming aka join more kite teams to afk while 1 person does all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    These changes were only put in place to make sure no one ever have enough vp.
    Well, there's still a fairly large amount of VP out there, just means that selling prices will go up since there's now less supply being made.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

First FC ignores every issue with exploit wars aka notum wars. Now they take away the only thing that motivated people to join battlestations.

What fc should do is remove any lock on bs missions, cut the xp/vp rewards by half and add credit rewards so people are actually motivated to participate in pvp. Of course you'd only get the rewards (mission update) if your side wins which would also require battlestation fixing to disable 4capping (something easily done, as I've suggested before a simple apf like fence at spawn would do the trick). As it is this game offers exactly 0 reward for pvp and taking into consideration the prices on consumable items it's actually a money sink. This game forces people to never actually stop pvming, and lets face facts pvm in AO isn't the least bit challenging nor fun.

AO needs something that will enable character progress via pvp, simply adding credit rewards to battlestation missions would do exactly that.

Come on fc, use some common sense for once, your updates are humiliating and they make you look extremely incompetent.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 16th, 2014 at 16:54:08. Reason: removed obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    First FC ignores every issue with exploit wars aka notum wars. Now they take away the only thing that motivated people to join battlestations.

What fc should do is remove any lock on bs missions, cut the xp/vp rewards by half and add credit rewards so people are actually motivated to participate in pvp. Of course you'd only get the rewards (mission update) if your side wins which would also require battlestation fixing to disable 4capping (something easily done, as I've suggested before a simple apf like fence at spawn would do the trick). As it is this game offers exactly 0 reward for pvp and taking into consideration the prices on consumable items it's actually a money sink. This game forces people to never actually stop pvming, and lets face facts pvm in AO isn't the least bit challenging nor fun.

AO needs something that will enable character progress via pvp, simply adding credit rewards to battlestation missions would do exactly that.

Come on fc, use some common sense for once, your updates are humiliating and they make you look extremely incompetent.
    I dont know how u can say that, first of all when AO did came out there was no intension for PvP only pvm - only later on with the expansion "noctum wars" the did introduce PVP.

And by saing " it's actually a money sink" well there i have to say that is ppl choice to make em "ultra" twinked, dont know how u think froobs or ppl who dont want to buy ingame credits or so would ever think thats funny.....

And with the "and lets face facts pvm in AO isn't the least bit challenging nor fun" that also might be your thought¨s since many ppl still think thats funny ..... else i suggest u find a better game with only PvP and more ppl.....
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 16th, 2014 at 16:54:19.
    Quee

Quote Originally Posted by Quee View Post
    I dont know how u can say that, first of all when AO did came out there was no intension for PvP only pvm - only later on with the expansion "noctum wars" the did introduce PVP.
    That was 12 (TWELVE) years ago, and NW was a booster pack not an expansion. Still doesn't change the fact that there's -zero- reward for pvping, 12 years after it's introduction.

And by saing " it's actually a money sink" well there i have to say that is ppl choice to make em "ultra" twinked, dont know how u think froobs or ppl who dont want to buy ingame credits or so would ever think thats funny.....
    Or they should provide means to gear a character up via pvping, like every successful mmo does. It's really a no-brainer and a massive improvement.

By money sink I primarily meant consumable items (try reading before replying I hate repeating myself) such as heal kits, stims etc. But yeah it does suck that out of 43 item slots there's between 0 and 5 (depending on profession) endgame items that are acquired via pvp for an endgame pvp setup.

And with the "and lets face facts pvm in AO isn't the least bit challenging nor fun" that also might be your thought¨s since many ppl still think thats funny ..... else i suggest u find a better game with only PvP and more ppl.....
    It's not just my thought, it's every pvper's though. That's why they prefer pvp. This game can't survive on pvm alone, it's not nearly good enough for that. It might be fun (or funny) for you but that's not a good reason to halt progress altogether.

I have to disagree mainly because...this

I do not understand how anyone can say pvp in AO is the best part when most dedicated pvp players also state any fight is a forgone conclusion before it begins.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Taking something I said about duels and putting it into discussion about battlestation pvp is pretty low. If you don't have a real counter argument (you'd have to be pretty stupid to counter argument a suggestion for improvement in the first place) please don't write anything.
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Jun 10th, 2014 at 19:33:03.

It's not just my thought, it's every pvper's though. That's why they prefer pvp. This game can't survive on pvm alone,
    First suggesting that "every pvper" feels exactly like you do is an overstatement to say the least. I pvp and I do not agree with that statement.

For the record the game survived quite a long time without the battlestation that focuses on pvp, which to my knowledge was added with LE expansion. So that would be...notum wars, shadowlands, alien invasion, ALL before lost eden. Which funny now that I think about it no new expansions have come since adding the battle station. Interesting enough seems the game was doing better BEFORE, but that's just my opinion. Unless I can speak for everyone that enjoys pvm.

(you'd have to be pretty stupid to counter argument a suggestion for improvement in the first place)
    Also suggesting that YOUR suggestion is an improvement on the game is also a huge overstatement. Because again not everyone will agree that your suggestion best suits the game only YOUR vision and opinion of the game.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    First suggesting that "every pvper" feels exactly like you do is an overstatement to say the least. I pvp and I do not agree with that statement.
    You don't agree that bs should run more often and that players should feel more motivated to participate and win? Then you know nothing.

For the record the game survived quite a long time without the battlestation that focuses on pvp, which to my knowledge was added with LE expansion. So that would be...notum wars, shadowlands, alien invasion, ALL before lost eden. Which funny now that I think about it no new expansions have come since adding the battle station. Interesting enough seems the game was doing better BEFORE, but that's just my opinion. Unless I can speak for everyone that enjoys pvm.
    Oh lets talk about days of yore and completely ignore factors like a hundred times bigger playerbase and AO not yet becoming abandonware due to fc shifting all their focus on other games. It looks like you're trying to say battlestations ruined the game, no, a flop expansion that looked like it was designed in entirety by clueless people did.

Also suggesting that YOUR suggestion is an improvement on the game is also a huge overstatement. Because again not everyone will agree that your suggestion best suits the game only YOUR vision and opinion of the game.
    So what's exactly wrong with my suggestion ?

vp only to winning side is going to result in BS that is even more dead. people don't want to spend time getting something finally going to have a chance of getting nothing, especially when one side is more favored, there will be no one queueing for the losing side. neutrals will rather queue on the side that usually wins than get a round going.

i guess its good that some of you are not the game director or AO would probably have died 10 years prior.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast